Yet another example of the Bills' lack of heart

Grant

Call it "heart," call it "guts," call it "the killing instinct," call it whatever you like - these Bills don't have it and they haven't had it for awhile.

Once again, they come up short when they need to be clutch.

Once again, they have opportunities to put an opponent away and fail to do so.

Once again, the Bills snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and lose a very winnable game.

This team frustrates the hell out of me.

Call it "heart," call it "guts," call it "the killing instinct," call it whatever you like - these Bills don't have it and they haven't had it for awhile.

Once again, the Bills snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and lose a very winnable game.

513528[/snapback]

Thats a bit overboard.....The team did not quit today. They just dont have the talent or experience for our high expectations

How are we better than last year?  The damned line continues to regress each freakin year!!!  DB is laffing his ass off and deservedly so.  Dallas made an effort to block for him and doesn't blame him on losses.

513538[/snapback]

I feel far worse going into this off-season offensively than I did last year.

With salary cap casualties looming, I think there are serious question marks at every position on the offense except JP (!), WM, and MV.

513528[/snapback]

you would rather have another last weak ?

I feel far worse going into this off-season offensively than I did last year.

With salary cap casualties looming,  I think there are serious question marks at every position on the offense except JP (!),  WM,  and MV.

513575[/snapback]

I don't know...this season has been a major disappointment, but I still think there is a fair amount of talent on this team. I almost think that the offense is in better shape than the defense. On the offense, the team MUST address the line. We all know that. I am sure TD is realizing that by now too...it has to be the top priority. If the O-Line is built with FA's wha have actually spent more time on the active roster, than on some other teams practice squad, or spent portions of their career on no roster at all, I think TD has to stay away from them...no more flyers, or diamond mining amongst the dreck of the leauge. One or two established NFL vetran, offensive linemen FA's should be a priority. If that line is stable, I think a lot of other things will fall into place for the offense. Losman has shown enough over the last three weeks to suggest that he can evolve inot a legitimate starting NFL QB. There is some talent in the receiving core (with or without Moulds), and McGahee would benefit tremendously from improved line play.

The defense is a little tougher to figure. With Sam Adams apparently out the door next season, we are desperately thin on the DL...how much cap money the Bills will have to address this, I don't know. Maybe all of the playing time that the younger guys are getting now will benefit the team next year, but I wouldn't count on it being enough to transform them into a dominating line. You never know though, look at how well the Clevland Browns rejects are doing in Denver....

Beyond the defensive line, I think age is starting to catch up to the defense. We are likely facing age (and injury) issues in the secondary and LB core.

Assuming this team ever does turn the corner in the next year or two (and I still have my Bills goggles on, what is another year of futility in the bigger scheme of things?) I think the offense may end up being the stronger unit, and ahead of the defense. This years' team was supposed to be built around the SB champ Ravns team from a few years back. Hoewever we may very well end up with something closer to what we are seeing in Cincinnati.

Whatever happens this offseason, and whatever negative feelings many have about TD, give him credit for being pro-active. I firmly believe that he will take some real steps towards addressing the O-line issues this offseason. He likely already has list of players he will be pursuing. The apparent benching of Mike Williams, and the issues with MM and Sam Adams leave me to believe that they are already thinking next year, though they will never say it....

I don't know...this season has been a major disappointment, but I still think there is a fair amount of talent on this team.  I almost think that the offense is in better shape than the defense.  On the offense, the team MUST address the line.  We all know that.  I am sure TD is realizing that by now too...it has to be the top priority.  If the O-Line is built with FA's wha have actually spent more time on the active roster, than on some other teams practice squad, or spent portions of their career on no roster at all, I think TD has to stay away from them...no more flyers, or diamond mining amongst the dreck of the leauge.  One or two established NFL vetran, offensive linemen FA's should be a priority.  If that line is stable, I think a lot of other things will fall into place for the offense.  Losman has shown enough over the last three weeks to suggest that he can evolve inot a legitimate starting NFL QB.  There is some talent in the receiving core (with or without Moulds), and McGahee would benefit tremendously from improved line play.

The defense is a little tougher to figure.  With Sam Adams apparently out the door next season, we are desperately thin on the DL...how much cap money the Bills will have to address this, I don't know.  Maybe all of the playing time that the younger guys are getting now will benefit the team next year, but I wouldn't count on it being enough to transform them into a dominating line.  You never know though, look at how well the Clevland Browns rejects are doing in Denver....

Beyond the defensive line, I think age is starting to catch up to the defense.  We are likely facing age (and injury) issues in the secondary and LB core. 

Assuming this team ever does turn the corner in the next year or two (and I still have my Bills goggles on, what is another year of futility in the bigger scheme of things?) I think the offense may end up being the stronger unit, and ahead of the defense.  This years' team was supposed to be built around the SB champ Ravns team from a few years back.  Hoewever we may very well end up with something closer to what we are seeing in Cincinnati.

Whatever happens this offseason, and whatever negative feelings many have about TD, give him credit for being pro-active. I firmly believe that he will take some real steps towards addressing the O-line issues this offseason.  He likely already has list of players he will be pursuing.  The apparent benching of Mike Williams, and the issues with MM and Sam Adams leave me to believe that they are already thinking next year, though they will never say it....

514113[/snapback]

Given our pathetic recent history with players we've rejected, I fully expect SA to go elsewhere *AND* have a Pro Bowl year.

In consecutive years we would have lost Pat Williams and Sam Adams. Seeing the world beaters in there now stopping the run, I guess we don't need him. (Sarcasm off)

Sam Adams is a fat, lazy ass DT. But Sam Adams on one leg is far better than what we've got right now. Unless something dramatic happens between now and the beginning of next season.

Right now, we just don't have the horses...

Charles