WoW Real O-Lines

grog

After watching the Cowboys / Broncos game it really hit home to me how bad our O-line really has been. Boy does TD and the gang have some work ahead of them to bring a playoff caliber O-line to Buffalo. Could be awhile before the Bills sniff the playoffs. :blink:

After watching the Cowboys / Broncos game it really hit home to me how bad our O-line really has been.  Boy does TD and the gang have some work ahead of them to bring a playoff caliber O-line to Buffalo.  Could be awhile before the Bills sniff the playoffs. :blink:

512153[/snapback]

Sort of painful to watch, isn't it?

Both teams had nice blocking and gave their QB time to throw, but the play that stood out for me was when Dallas sent 9 guys, Denver picked them all up and Plummer hit the 30 yard pass for a TD to go up 14-7.

Great throw, great route, and great blitz pick-up, I can't remember seeing anything like that coming from Buffalo in a long time and don't when it will happen in the future either.

As a fan I know where the bar is after today' and it is sad to say but I don't believe we are close to it.

Could be a while before the Bills sniff the playoffs?

Our offensive line isn't far away.

Outside of a LG, and maybe a Tackle.

512168[/snapback]

..And maybe a center, a RG and RT!

DB has played loads better there than here becuz Dallas is focused on getting a line that can actually block and cut the wusses that can't! We can't say that here. :pissed:

Parcells isn't afraid to get in any one's face and tell it like it is. We sorely miss that here. At least GW had the balls to do it!

Isn't it great what good Oline coaches will do for a team, vs. having the "local boy" with a rep just because he was Anthony Munoz coach at one time.  Hell Kevin Gilbride could have been Munoz's coach and he still would have made the HOF.

512161[/snapback]

I know that under other Bills o-line coaches, an offensive lineman might fail in Buffalo only to find success elsewhere. I have yet to hear of an offensive lineman failing under McNally yet succeeding someplace else.

Look at the way the line was playing in the second half of last season. Players like Teague and Williams were playing the best football of their careers. This year there are new starters at LG and LT, and injury problems at RG and RT. Of course the line isn't playing well, and it's not McNally's fault.

Isn't it great what good Oline coaches will do for a team, vs. having the "local boy" with a rep just because he was Anthony Munoz coach at one time.  Hell Kevin Gilbride could have been Munoz's coach and he still would have made the HOF.

512161[/snapback]

You do have a point about Munoz--he was a men against boys in his day.Scary talent.

Exactly correct. But it would take A LOT of $$ to rebuild an O-Line and do a great job at it. Because lots of fans don't understand the importance of a great O-Line that investment will not sell more tickets. Therefore I seriously doubt Bills management will do anything more than put a band-aid on a bullet hole once agin in the off season. Although they may sign a big name has been to sell more tickets.

Both teams had nice blocking and gave their QB time to throw, but the play that stood out for me was when Dallas sent 9 guys,  Denver picked them all up and Plummer hit the 30 yard pass for a TD to go up 14-7.

Great throw, great route, and great blitz pick-up,  I can't remember seeing anything like that coming from Buffalo in a long time and don't when it will happen in the future either.

As a fan I know where the bar is after today' and it is sad to say but  I don't believe we are close to it.

512164[/snapback]

Can anyone remember the last Bills line that picked up a blitz like that?