TO gets support from his team

Orton's Arm

"Most of us like him, but we're not supposed to like him, so you've got to watch how you answer the questions." - defensive end N.D. Kalu.

Interesting that Philadelphia would give up on its best offensive player as a sop to McNabb's ego. Jim Kelly and Andre Reed didn't always see eye to eye, but at the end of the day, winning football games was more important for Kelly than getting even with Reed for whatever may have gone wrong between them. Too bad for the Eagles that McNabb is no Jim Kelly.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more.

Once upon a time, Michael Jordan, coming off 3 championships, embraced one of the biggest problem childs in sports: Dennis Rodman. Not only was Rodman disruptive from a team chemistry standpoint, he was a flat out freakshow and a jerk. But Jordan cared about one thing and one thing only: winning.

McNabb this year has shown me one thing: he is a total loser. He, not TO, puts himself in front of the team. Because of his whining and pouting about TO's antics, the team suspended him and lost 3 divisional games in a row by a small margin. I lost a lot of respect for him that he couldn't man up and put up with TO because he helps that team win.

"Most of us like him, but we're not supposed to like him, so you've got to watch how you answer the questions." - defensive end N.D. Kalu.

Interesting that Philadelphia would give up on its best offensive player as a sop to McNabb's ego. Jim Kelly and Andre Reed didn't always see eye to eye, but at the end of the day, winning football games was more important for Kelly than getting even with Reed for whatever may have gone wrong between them. Too bad for the Eagles that McNabb is no Jim Kelly.

511684[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.

Once upon a time, Michael Jordan, coming off 3 championships, embraced one of the biggest problem childs in sports:  Dennis Rodman. Not only was Rodman disruptive from a team chemistry standpoint, he was a flat out freakshow and a jerk.  But Jordan cared about one thing and one thing only:  winning.

McNabb this year has shown me one thing:  he is a total loser.  He, not TO, puts himself in front of the team.  Because of his whining and pouting about TO's antics, the team suspended him and lost 3 divisional games in a row by a small margin.  I lost a lot of respect for him that he couldn't man up and put up with TO because he helps that team win.

511882[/snapback]

This is a great post. Lawrence Phillips was forgiven for dragging an ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs, yet TO gets canned for hurting McNabb's feelings.

Couldn't agree more.

Once upon a time, Michael Jordan, coming off 3 championships, embraced one of the biggest problem childs in sports:  Dennis Rodman. Not only was Rodman disruptive from a team chemistry standpoint, he was a flat out freakshow and a jerk.  But Jordan cared about one thing and one thing only:  winning.

McNabb this year has shown me one thing:  he is a total loser.  He, not TO, puts himself in front of the team.  Because of his whining and pouting about TO's antics, the team suspended him and lost 3 divisional games in a row by a small margin.  I lost a lot of respect for him that he couldn't man up and put up with TO because he helps that team win.

511882[/snapback]

Don't think it's quite fair for ANY athlete to be compared to Jordan ... Best ever in every regard !!

:blink:

Don't think it's quite fair for ANY athlete to be compared to Jordan ... Best ever in every regard !!

512077[/snapback]

He wasn't saying that every athlete needs to be as talented as Jordan. He's saying that, like Jordan, every athlete should put winning first.

512077[/snapback]

And why is that?

Because he acted like the previous poster laid out in his reply.

Free from those petty personal burdens... Jordan was able to excel on the court.

I was wondering all the while what TO did... I was gonna ask yesterday until I found out about the Farve reference... I couldn't believe that stuff like that actually affects people... Oh, well.

He wasn't saying that every athlete needs to be as talented as Jordan. He's saying that, like Jordan, every athlete should put winning first.

512079[/snapback]

Phil Jackson was also light years more secure than Andy Reid and what's his name owner.

The league will do anything to protect the Laurie's (if that is how you spell Philly's owner) and the Kraft's... There is just too much tied up in these guys.

Did Dennis Rodman ever openly criticize Jordan?

Personally I dont know since i dont watch basketball... remember a lot of athletes are jerks but not many have ever came out and started pointing out team mates.

Couldn't agree more.

511882[/snapback]

Personally I dont know since i dont watch basketball... remember a lot of athletes are jerks but not many have ever came out and started pointing out team mates.

512091[/snapback]

Kelly and "House" Ballard.

But that is a vet QB to a rook lineman... So I guess it is okay.

Anything else is unacceptable?

:blink::(

McNabb is no Jordan. He is not and should not be sheltered from criticism.

Before the Super Bowl, McNabb basically openly said that the team didn't need TO and that they got there without him and should be able to win without him.

TO rehabbed his butt off and played a great game risking further injury, while McNabb was running out of energy in the closing minutes of the game and had to struggle to catch his breath in the huddle.

512091[/snapback]

McNabb is no Jordan.  He is not and should not be sheltered from criticism.

Before the Super Bowl, McNabb basically openly said that the team didn't need TO and that they got there without him and should be able to win without him.

TO rehabbed his butt off and played a great game risking further injury, while McNabb was running out of energy in the closing minutes of the game and had to struggle to catch his breath in the huddle.

512180[/snapback]

McNabb never said anything to insult TO before last year's Super Bowl.

The bottom line is that they did make the SB without him and had to have the mindset that they could win without him (which is what McNabb was saying). If the Eagles took the field thinking they couldn't win the SB, then they would have already lost before the game started. It's the same reason the Colts crashed and burned last year in the playoffs. As soon as things weren't going well, they imploded because they honestly didn't think they could win that game.

Agreed on that point, but McNabb made those comments in response to questions on whether or not he was excited that TO would suit up. Most franchise QBs would say that they are excited and that TO will provide a boost. Instead, Donovan trivialized TO's return and basically implied that he wasn't needed.

Not only was he needed, he played a critical role in the game. And as irony would serve it, McNabb ended up crapping out because he was catching his breath in the huddle.

The bottom line is that they did make the SB without him and had to have the mindset that they could win without him (which is what McNabb was saying).  If the Eagles took the field thinking they couldn't win the SB, then they would have already lost before the game started. 

512184[/snapback]

Not only was he needed, he played a critical role in the game.  And as irony would serve it, McNabb ended up crapping out because he was catching his breath in the huddle.

512200[/snapback]

If he was suffering from the flu (which was supposedly what happened), then you can't really blame him.

If he was suffering from the flu (which was supposedly what happened), then you can't really blame him.

512205[/snapback]

I still wonder about his conditioning. But that's not my biggest objection. TO practically willed the Eagles to victory in that Super Bowl, and for McNabb to ask him to leave the very next season just doesn't sit well. TO was having a very good season too.

I can't believe some people are actually sticking up for TO! :blink::(:(

Are you serious? The guy is a complete cancer. It's not like it was a one time thing, either.

Put it this way...A work example. If you criticize a fellow employee constantly, and say how you are bigger than your company, etc., do ya really think they are going to keep you?

I can't believe some people are actually sticking up for TO!  :blink:  :(  :(

Are you serious? The guy is a complete cancer.

If the team was cancer-ridden, it wouldn't have done as well as it did last year.

Put it this way...A work example. If you criticize a fellow employee constantly, and say how you are bigger than your company, etc., do ya really think they are going to keep you?

512233[/snapback]

I don't remember TO saying he was bigger than his team. I remember him calling out McNabb for being tired in the Super Bowl, and later saying the Eagles would be better off with Brett Favre at QB. Maybe TO has a lot of respect for what Favre can do, even at this point in his career.

Was it right for TO to make the Favre comment? No, because you shouldn't take your teammates down a notch by saying stuff to the national media. Speaking of the idea of not going after your teammates in the national media, McNabb shouldn't have said the Eagles would be better off without TO.

I can't believe some people are actually sticking up for TO!  :blink:  :(  :(

Are you serious? The guy is a complete cancer. It's not like it was a one time thing, either.

512233[/snapback]

I guess we find it easy to forget about the "Bickering Bills" during their SB years?

:D:D