TO gets support from his team

Orton's Arm

he only called his former Qb a homosexual,

512752[/snapback]

By "his former QB" are you talking about McNabb or Garcia? I did a search on Pro Football Weekly for any stories containing ALL the words: "Terrell Owens, McNabb, homosexual," and came up with zero results.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Searc...rch=Go&AND_ON=Y

Also, TO's remarks about Brett Favre came in response to a comment by Michael Irvin. Irvin said the Eagles would be undefeated if Brett Favre was their QB. Owens, when asked about the remark, agreed; saying, “I would agree with that, just with what (Favre) brings to the table.”

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "his former QB" are you talking about McNabb or Garcia? I did a search on Pro Football Weekly for any stories containing ALL the words: "Terrell Owens, McNabb, homosexual," and came up with zero results.

Also, TO's remarks about Brett Favre came in response to a comment by Michael Irvin. Irvin said the Eagles would be undefeated if Brett Favre was their QB. Owens, when asked about the remark, agreed; saying, “I would agree with that, just with what (Favre) brings to the table.”

512978[/snapback]

He called Garcia gay

i was driving through philly today and listening to WIP.  howard eskin had a copy of the 38 pages of testimony from the hearings.  long story short, it was NOT just about T.O.vs. McNabb.  Based on not only the testimony of the hearings, but transcripts of actual phone conversations, T.O. was COMMITTED to disrupting the eagles in retaliation for not re-doing his contract.  the thing with mcnabb was only an EXCUSE to keep it up.  howard read from 3 lengthy letters from reid to owens regarding specific incidents. 

i am no fan of mcnabb; i don't care what a solid citizen he is.  but bottom line is, that owens has been looking to cause trouble since day 1.  and every bills fan should be ecstatic he didn't get away with it, because you KNOW willis was watching the proceedings VERY closely.  the nfl arbitrator probably saved the bills a major headache next year.

and btw, much was made of the fact that gene upshaw "fired" the arbitrator in retaliation for the ruling...turns out the guy's contract was up in 10 days anyway and he was not6 coming back!  lol....what a bull sh-- grandstand move by the nflpa, who SHOULD be distancing themselves from ownes for the sake of their own credibility!!  what balls it takes to "fire" a guy who is about to quit next week!!  :blink:  :doh:  :lol:

512722[/snapback]

Good post, I was also thinking about how much this ruling could help our situation with Willis. If nothing else it should bring Rosenhaus down a peg, and will probably keep him from doing anything to extreme for awhile.

Interesting that Philadelphia would give up on its best offensive player as a sop to McNabb's ego.

511684[/snapback]

You talk about McNabb's ego and I honestly think you are making this up. Give me a link, ANY link that points to somewhere in this whole situation where McNabb's ego was the problem. Your pre-Superbowl quote from last year ain't cuttin' it as the context was explained correctly in an earlier post in this thread.

You say Philadelphia gave up on T.O. Of course they did, after giving him numerous chances to conform to company policy (translation: apologize like a man). Terrell Owens is a POS and only has himself to blame. It seems you are doing Terrell Owens' finger pointing for him- "McNabb's Ego!, McNabb's Ego!" Well, to you and T.O....look in the mirror. The finger pointing at anyone else but T.O. is a joke. It's called holding people accountable for their actions. T.O. got what he deserved. The neutral moderator agreed when he looked at all the facts. You should look at all the facts as well.

512978[/snapback]

Owens, a wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles, started things off when his comments in the current issue of Playboy became public. In the article, he was asked whether he thought Garcia was gay. "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

A day later he was furiously backspinning. "I didn't say that he was gay," Owens told reporters. "The conversation and the interview were loose. To my knowledge, I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not. I've seen him out — he had a girlfriend when we were in San Fran. There's been a recent report that he has a girlfriend now. That was the extent of it. Everybody's going to make a big deal out of it. It wasn't like I came out and said 'Jeff was gay.' People asked me similar questions about Steve Young. Everybody is going to have their rumors."

He was saying it purely for entertainment purposes only

People are quick to forget a few years back when Rob Johnson ripped into Doug Flutie during a Penthouse interview, saying he is selfish and a detriment to the team. They were teammates at the time. Flutie, like any professional, dealt with it.

Owens, a wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles, started things off when his comments in the current issue of Playboy became public. In the article, he was asked whether he thought Garcia was gay. "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

A day later he was furiously backspinning. "I didn't say that he was gay," Owens told reporters. "The conversation and the interview were loose. To my knowledge, I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not. I've seen him out — he had a girlfriend when we were in San Fran. There's been a recent report that he has a girlfriend now. That was the extent of it. Everybody's going to make a big deal out of it. It wasn't like I came out and said 'Jeff was gay.' People asked me similar questions about Steve Young. Everybody is going to have their rumors."

513022[/snapback]

513022[/snapback]

It's like saying hey is Jeff Garcia a murderer, well I dont know i saw him once holding a knife and althoguh he used it to cut a steak, well he could've murdered someone.

Owens has the talent of Jerry Rice with the brain of Jessica Simpson

People are quick to forget a few years back when Rob Johnson ripped into Doug Flutie during a Penthouse interview, saying he is selfish and a detriment to the team.  They were teammates at the time.  Flutie, like any professional, dealt with it.

513028[/snapback]

Jeez, I didn't know people read the articles in penthouse and playboy.. what is this world coming to

I dont think its that McNabb is no Jim Kelly, but more likely that TO is not Andre Reed...

Im happy with the way mcnabb handled the situation.  TO is the one out of line here.  Good riddance

511862[/snapback]

Right on the mark. I could care less if to ever plays again in the nfl.

People are quick to forget a few years back when Rob Johnson ripped into Doug Flutie during a Penthouse interview, saying he is selfish and a detriment to the team.  They were teammates at the time.  Flutie, like any professional, dealt with it.

513028[/snapback]

Even if it was for entertainment the guy either completely lacks judgment or just doesn't care. I mean how the hell did he expect people to interpret his original comments? Most children don’t crave attention TO does, he’s a 4 year old boy who happens to be a hell of a receiver, and that’s what he will be the rest of his career.

You talk about McNabb's ego and I honestly think you are making this up.  Give me a link, ANY link that points to somewhere in this whole situation where McNabb's ego was the problem.  Your pre-Superbowl quote from last year ain't cuttin' it as the context was explained correctly in an earlier post in this thread.

You say Philadelphia gave up on T.O.  Of course they did, after giving him numerous chances to conform to company policy (translation: apologize like a man).  Terrell Owens is a POS and only has himself to blame.  It seems you are doing Terrell Owens' finger pointing for him-  "McNabb's Ego!, McNabb's Ego!"  Well, to you and T.O....look in the mirror.  The finger pointing at anyone else but T.O. is a joke.  It's called holding people accountable for their actions.  T.O. got what he deserved.  The neutral moderator agreed when he looked at all the facts.  You should look at all the facts as well.

513014[/snapback]

It's not clear what pre-Super Bowl quote you're referring to. The quote I began this thread with is from after the suspension.

As for McNabb's ego, I couldn't help but notice that TO was suspended after his comments about McNabb. As other posters have pointed out, McNabb created an "it's either him or me" situation.

Some of what TO does is playful, some is attention-seeking. Not everything is appropriate, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But to act like McNabb is being a saint, or a great leader or something, just isn't the case. Instead of telling everyone how much better off the team would be without TO, McNabb should have taken TO aside, talked to him man-to-man, and tried to heal the situation. That's the least he owes TO for those 100 receiving yards in the Super Bowl.

It's not clear what pre-Super Bowl quote you're referring to. The quote I began this thread with is from after the suspension.

As for McNabb's ego, I couldn't help but notice that TO was suspended after his comments about McNabb. As other posters have pointed out, McNabb created an "it's either him or me" situation.

Some of what TO does is playful, some is attention-seeking. Not everything is appropriate, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But to act like McNabb is being a saint, or a great leader or something, just isn't the case. Instead of telling everyone how much better off the team would be without TO, McNabb should have taken TO aside, talked to him man-to-man, and tried to heal the situation. That's the least he owes TO for those 100 receiving yards in the Super Bowl.

513073[/snapback]

For the love of god...

Did McNabb come out and say, ya !@#$ TO we don't need him ...?? NO.. He says in his opinion they can win without him. It is the type of mentality a team needs to approach the playoffs, what are you gonna say? Nah we're !@#$ed we lost our best player... TO wants to hear his team say that they can't win without him because it just furthers his little ego trip that he has. The fact of the matter is, TO has personally attacked his organization, created negativity in the lockerroom that has not been seen since God knows when and makes Keyshawn Johnson look like a saint. Good riddance and I say this even though this is my best fantasy player and probably will cost me 400$, the Eagles stood up to him, had he gotten away with it, lord knows what other players would have tried to pull to get their contracts to go their way.

For the love of god...

Did McNabb come out and say, ya !@#$ TO we don't need him ...?? NO.. He says in his opinion they can win without him.  It is the type of mentality a team needs to approach the playoffs, what are you gonna say?  Nah we're !@#$ed we lost our best player... TO wants to hear his team say that they can't win without him because it just furthers his little ego trip that he has.  The fact of the matter is, TO has personally attacked his organization, created negativity in the lockerroom that has not been seen since God knows when and makes Keyshawn Johnson look like a saint.  Good riddance and I say this even though this is my best fantasy player and probably will cost me 400$, the Eagles stood up to him, had he gotten away with it, lord knows what other players would have tried to pull to get their contracts to go their way.

513077[/snapback]

I wasn't referring to the time when McNabb said the team can win without TO. I was talking about more recently, when he said the team would be better off with TO gone.

I wasn't referring to the time when McNabb said the team can win without TO. I was talking about more recently, when he said the team would be better off with TO gone.

513078[/snapback]

well in the long run they will, they have instilled discipline, put it this way, TO's antics would have been even shorter if he was in other teams. Coach's have to have the balls to make the call they believe is the bestone whether or not its right or wrong or else you lose respect of the players

Coach's have to have the balls to make the call they believe is the bestone whether or not its right or wrong or else you lose respect of the players

513080[/snapback]

Agreed. If McNabb ever becomes a coach, it will be his place to say who should or shouldn't be on the team. In the meantime, he was out of line, and seemed to put his feelings ahead of winning or the good of the team.

Agreed. If McNabb ever becomes a coach, it will be his place to say who should or shouldn't be on the team. In the meantime, he was out of line, and seemed to put his feelings ahead of winning or the good of the team.

513081[/snapback]

Do you really think it is just McNabb, I don't think the eagles would have went through all this just to make McNabb happy.

In the long run??? How do you know that?

That's like saying the Bills will be better off in the long run without Willis McGahee.

Maybe they will, maybe not but we don't know the answer until we find a replacement. To say the Eagles are better off after losing 3 straight divisional games and knocking themselves out of the playoffs... I simply disagree.

well in the long run they will, they have instilled discipline, put it this way, TO's antics would have been even shorter if he was in other teams.  Coach's have to have the balls to make the call they believe is the bestone whether or not its right or wrong or else you lose respect of the players

513080[/snapback]

In the long run??? How do you know that?

That's like saying the Bills will be better off in the long run without Willis McGahee.

Maybe they will, maybe not but we don't know the answer until we find a replacement.  To say the Eagles are better off after losing 3 straight divisional games and knocking themselves out of the playoffs... I simply disagree.

513086[/snapback]

Well letting players get away with actions which they considered detrimental to the team isn't exactly good for the long run.