The difference between Gregg and MM

Orton's Arm

The players seemed to play with alot more intensity under Greg Williams.

With MM you get no intensity and bad coaching.

510113[/snapback]

I dunno, compare Mike Mularkey's Bills' last game in New England vs. Gregg Williams' Bills' last game in New England....

JDG

Either way we've got ourselves a bad coach.

510085[/snapback]

Hard to judge after 1 1/2 seasons, especially witht the offensive and defensive lines we have- and despite that, he's hovering around the .500 mark

I like coaches who hover- ever if I have no idea what that means! :doh:

If the Bills can compete at home but not win one game on the road, then how can it not be the Coach ?

If it was just the talent, they'd lose most all the home games also.

512641[/snapback]

Maybe the players are a little more emotional, and let the hostile crowds get to them. Some people have the ability to block out emotional highs and lows; others don't. One of the problems Bill Belichick had in Cleveland was that his players weren't the best in the world at governing their own emotions. He solved the problem by selecting a different type of player upon coming to the Patriots.

Belichick may not have the best social skills, but his players always come to play. That's because he made it a point to select the right kind of players.

If the Bills can compete at home but not win one game on the road, then how can it not be the Coach ?

If it was just the talent, they'd lose most all the home games also.

512641[/snapback]

I don't know....I ate my cheeseburger last week, did you? :lol:

Anyways, I really don't see a lack of intensity on this team, as others are claiming. I do, however, see a lack of talent on the offensive and defensive lines...if the d-line was better, I bet guys like Fletcher, Vincent and Milloy all look a little younger out there.

As for the home Bills vs road Bills, that always seems to be an issue with teams trying to get over the "hump". All those bemoaning the fact that TD hired Williams instead of Marvin Lewis are losing sight of the fact that he has been there as long as GW and MM combined, and his team is finally showing some signs of getting over that bump in the road. I really think there is something to be said for continuity.

I was very pleased with this coaching staff after last year, and I think a lot of us were. I think this year, they got caught up in thinking that the team was better than it is, you know, what they always warn players about? The offensive play calling, IMO, has improved some, but particularly in JP's first stint behind center, MM and TC (whoever it was?) seemed to be calling an offensive game plan designed for the '92 Bills (you know a vetran squad that had played together a while, was solid everywhere, and was looking for new ways to keep the regular season games interesting for themselves), as opposed to the 2005 Bills, a squad made up of bargain basement O-line men that hadn't played together much, a raw talent at QB who had very little experience at the college or pro level, and a RB who had yet to play an entire season.

TD, in my opinion, is not going anywhere after this season, so I would just assume keep MM around another year.

As for the home Bills vs road Bills, that always seems to be an issue with teams trying to get over the "hump".  All those bemoaning the fact that TD hired Williams instead of Marvin Lewis are losing sight of the fact that he has been there as long as GW and MM combined, and his team is finally showing some signs of getting over that bump in the road.  I really think there is something to be said for continuity.

512670[/snapback]

I agree with this post. Also, look at the teams the Bills beat at home: Houston, Miami, the Jets, and KC. Only one good team in the group, and KC had an off day. I felt the Bills played at least as well in their away game at NE as they did in some of their home games. However, NE did a better job than any of the teams the Bills beat at home.