CNN "X" over Cheney during speech.

OnTheRocks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there even anyone on this board with enough knowledge of TV production to differentiate between a technical glitch and malicious intent?

Didn't think so...

510122[/snapback]

(hand raised)

it wasn't a technical glitch.

no....before you all jump down my throat...i don't have a link...and i don't have proof. but to answer the question about knowledge of TV production, yes I do have that and I can be "pretty certain" it wasn't an accident.

Great idea.  Let's impinge on the First Amendment over a glitch/sophmoric prank.  Why stop there; maybe you should pull the FCC license or, better yet, have them jailed. :devil:

510123[/snapback]

Actually, that's not against the First Amendment. That only guarantees the government won't stop you from talking, it doesn't guarantee the government will talk to you.

Link?

Source?

510134[/snapback]

Link and Source

Why it matters what the file name was?
This is so simple it's almost tough to explain, but if the "Most Trusted Name in News" is openly calling the POTUS an "a-hole" and "moron" on their website, then maybe they aren't the most trusted name in news. Maybe they aren't even news anymore.

How this, even if true, proves anything at all?
Proves that CNN is the other side of the FOX News coin? See above.

Why is this even an issue?

510375[/snapback]

typically it wouldn't be an issue ....but if Fox News ran a live speech of Hillary or Bill, or Howie Dean, or JFKerry, or Al Gore, and flashed an "X" over their faces no matter how short a period of time, there would be the typical uproar from the lefty nuts that reflect the nuts on the right.

typically it wouldn't be an issue ....but if Fox News ran a live speech of Hillary or Bill, or Howie Dean, or JFKerry, or Al Gore, and flashed an "X" over their faces no matter how short a period of time, there would be the typical uproar from the lefty nuts that reflect the nuts on the right.

510448[/snapback]

Heheheheh, true.

I would still ask the same question though, why would that even be an issue? :)

510448[/snapback]

I am told I qualify as a "lefty nut" and yet, never have I posted a thing about Fox. Thus, my anecdote obliterates your argument and you owe me five quatloos, six if you can't tell me where the reference "quatloo" comes from without googling it.

The guantlet having been suitably flung, I now return to my drawing room to enjoy a snifter of Brandy while I wait to hear from your seconds.

I am told I qualify as a "lefty nut" and yet, never have I posted a thing about Fox.  Thus, my anecdote obliterates your argument and you owe me five quatloos, six if you can't tell me where the reference "quatloo" comes from without googling it.

The guantlet having been suitably flung, I now return to my drawing room to enjoy a snifter of Brandy while I wait to hear from your seconds.

510480[/snapback]

:);):)

Sad thing is, I know where "quatloo" comes from off the top of my head.