Howe many of you really thought

Kipers Hair

Sundays game for me was the culmination of what I had thought this Bills team was going back to August. All of the holes came to roote ina resounding beating in San Diego.

After the home opener, I thought, maybe JP was a quick learner, the O-Line would be alright, Posey was more than a "stay at his post guy", Reed was a good 3rd option, etc.. Through the next 9 games, cracks in the foundation were there, but you got a little blinded by the thought that playoffs were still obtainable.

Now that we have taken a beating from a team that may not even make the playoffs - we're back to the team that TD made everyone believe was better than they were. That said, did everyone really think the Bills were a team that could really make a splash in the playoffs?

I am glad to say it - this might have cost TD his job...Good riddance...

I still believe that there's a chance at the playoffs. We're only two games back, we still play the Jets and Dolphins, as well as the Pats at home (whom we almost beat on the road).

While I doubt we make the Superbowl, I really didn't think we would at the start of the season. I'd be happy with a playoff run, and once you're there, who knows what happens? But at least you have a chance of making it.

The Bills, traditionally, have never been a good west coast team. Why should this be any different?

CW

With a rookie QB???

509077[/snapback]

Kyle Orton is on a 6 game run in Chicago... Yes they did play against some bad teams and the NFC "Norris" is hideous.

They did come a long way by beating 7-2 Carolina... But, that might be a smokescreen too. Cincy did pound the Bears earlier in the season and may be a good indicator AFC hegemony.

The NFC is up for the taking... And it could be very well the strong D of the Bears that pushes Orton to the forefront.

I still believe that there's a chance at the playoffs.  We're only two games back, we still play the Jets and Dolphins, as well as the Pats at home (whom we almost beat on the road).

While I doubt we make the Superbowl, I really didn't think we would at the start of the season.  I'd be happy with a playoff run, and once you're there, who knows what happens?  But at least you have a chance of making it.

The Bills, traditionally, have never been a good west coast team.  Why should this be any different?

CW

509071[/snapback]

There needs to be a pinned thread at the top of the page that posts NE's schedule. Their toughest games are @KC and @Buffalo. It's over.

ben Rothlesberger...Dan Marino, etc...Though the odds are stacked way against it...it is possible when we all thought that Drews lack of mobility was the problem...

509081[/snapback]

OK. There are of course exceptions. But what are the chances that the Bills would be the one to hit the Lotto here? Not very good, IMO.

I was optimistic and yes, I thought there was a very good chance we would make the playoffs, but didn't expect us to get too far.

I was concerned about our aging Dee not playing up to the caliber that they established last year, but this meant they'd be top 10 rather than top 5.

I was hopeful that particularly by the end of the season the offense would play to a level of mediocrity. (We almost made the playoffs last year w/ them being bottom 5.)

Assuming we didn't revert to Martz-ish play on ST, that might've been good enough.

Right now, we have a bottom 10 team in both O & D; that makes us bad.

(Remember, 12 teams make the playoffs so you don't have to be THAT good to go.)

Kyle Orton is on a 6 game run in Chicago... Yes they did play against some bad teams and the NFC "Norris" is hideous.

They did come a long way by beating 7-2 Carolina... But, that might be a smokescreen too.  Cincy did pound the Bears earlier in the season and may be a good indicator AFC hegemony.

509091[/snapback]

IMO the Cincy game was more of a smokescreen than the Carolina game. The Bears turned the ball over 6 times vs. Cincy. They have the best defense in the league.

I really thought the Bills were a playoof team . Number one, thought the D would be pretty good, and maybe win us a game or two..

Thought the special teams would be good, but not score as often as they did last year.

Also thought our O-line would be better. I was thinking with Villareal and Williams, we would pound the ball all day long on the right side. I am one who thought big mike was going to elevate into an elite player player this year.

Plus, I was pretty adamant NE lost a ton, and I thought 9-7, 10-6 at best would win this division. Truly thought we would sweep the NFC south games, sweep the Jets and the Dolphins, split with Pats and beat Oakland on the road. That got us to 10 wins, which I thought was enough to win this division

I thought the Bills had a really good shot at the beginning of the season to make the playoffs. I will still root for them every week, but my level of expectations has dropped considerably.

I do expect they will win a couple more games, and I hope some of the younger players grow into the game.

I will even try to make it to one more game. The tailgating at the Ralph coninues to exceed my expectations. :D

Nope, not me, I thought TD was full of crap when he came out and said this move was going to help the Bills take a step forward.

Everyone can B word and moan and groan about Bledsoe being gone but it's more than likely the Cowboys are going to the playoffs and it's because Bledsoe is being used like he should be. Two TE sets, short drops, the occassional deep pass, max protect. It's simple but yet we couldn't figure it out.

TD is full of crap, I know Mularkey is in over his head, McGahee has the biggest mouth ever and needs to shut his piehole, Mike Williams was/is the biggest waste of money ever and we don't have a QB who is going to lead a team to the playoffs.

No way did I expect this team to get to the playoffs and quite honestly I'm not sure how exactly we are going to get there over the next couple years. Sure we may go 6-2 at home but until we can at least show the character to go 4-4 on the road we are dead each and every season.

It's great rooting for the Lions....err I mean the Bills.