The Blame Game Starts With Ralph,TD & Coaches

Mark VI

I think the PR spin is falling on deaf ears after yesterday. We can point out individual players ad nauseam but it starts at the top.

Winning teams have most of their ducks in a row because they have a strong Owner,GM and Coaching Staff . If a few bad players pop up, they deal with it and replace them with someone who can do a better job. Good teams win because they have a balanced, talented roster which plays to their strengths. A positive atmosphere is is the result. Future free agent Vets recognize this and will consider coming here.

What UFA in Gods green earth would be attracted to Buffalo at this point ? If multiple teams are bidding for a quality DL or OL, chances are he won't have any desire to come here.

The Owner is too old to deal with football matters anymore. His Team President and GM has made some dubious choices which has left our OL and DL in shambles. The Coaching Staff is getting outclassed by the opposition in every road game and many home games.

Like JSP said, We need to blow " It " up. But "It" may be the front office. The entire mentality of mediocrity is being passed on to the players. No one wants to run to the deck of a sinking ship and find your skipper is Daffy Duck.

We need to find more talent, point taken.

Lack of faith and direction in the front office/coaches can sink a locker room. Many are still giving a good effort and are now playing hard for pride, even though they know this current team is hopeless.

..and who's fault is that ? Josh Reed ? Trey Teague ? Mike Williams ?

They may be part of the problem but they can't fix the problem...

I'm done blaming the players.

I think the PR spin is falling on deaf ears after yesterday. We can point out individual players ad nauseam but it starts at the top.

Winning teams have most of their ducks in a row because they have a strong Owner,GM and Coaching Staff . If a few bad players pop up, they deal with it and replace them with someone who can do a better job. Good teams win because they have a balanced, talented roster which plays to their strengths. A positive atmosphere is is the result. Future free agent Vets recognize this and will consider coming here.

What UFA in Gods green earth would be attracted to Buffalo at this point ? If multiple teams are bidding for a quality DL or OL, chances are he won't have any desire to come here.

The Owner is too old to deal with football matters anymore. His Team President and GM has made some dubious choices which has left our OL and DL in shambles. The Coaching Staff is getting outclassed by the opposition in every road game and many home games.

Like JSP said, We need to blow " It " up. But "It" may be the front office. The entire mentality of mediocrity is being passed on to the players. No one wants to run to the deck of a sinking ship and find your skipper is Daffy Duck.

Lack of faith and direction in the front office/coaches can sink a locker room. Many are still giving a good effort and are now playing hard for pride, even though they know this current team is hopeless.

508759[/snapback]

At last! Someone who gets it!

The problem does start with Ralph. He's too old, too senile and too incompetent to run a modern NFL franchise. So, he hands over the reigns to whitey who PROMPLY flushes the team down the shitter with 3-13, 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 and soon to be 4-12 seasons.

And when the opportunity arises to hire a QUALITY head coach, he really thinks outside the box and hires Mike Mularkey.

Fugging fantastic. Get used to it folks, we are what the Bengals used to be: incompetent.

Said it after the Oakland debacle...it starts with Ralph and filters down to the hockey kids selling candy in the parking lots...they're ALL to be held accountable and forced to face the music. :w00t:

TEN years since a division title...(before anyone had cell phones)

NINE years without a home playoff game...(before anyone had an e-mail address)

SIX years without ANY playoff game...(Larry King was only on his third wife)

We've become the Lions. Note to NFL: Schedule Buffalo to host a Thanksgiving game next season; we look so much like the Lions, we might as well act like 'em.

Said it after the Oakland debacle...it starts with Ralph and filters down to the hockey kids selling candy in the parking lots...they're ALL to be held accountable and forced to face the music.  :w00t:

We've become the Lions.  Note to NFL: Schedule Buffalo to host a Thanksgiving game next season; we look so much like the Lions, we might as well act like 'em.

508795[/snapback]

that can't be... TD has only been in Buffalo since 2001.

. Good teams win because they have a balanced, talented roster which plays to their strengths. A positive atmosphere is is the result. Future free agent Vets recognize this and will consider coming here.

508759[/snapback]

While I agree with the rest of your post 100%, this i do not. Contrary to what most people think, these guys go where the money is offered, plain and simple. I don't care if we are 0-16, offer the jack and the players will come.

Said it after the Oakland debacle...it starts with Ralph and filters down to the hockey kids selling candy in the parking lots...they're ALL to be held accountable and forced to face the music.  :P

We've become the Lions.  Note to NFL: Schedule Buffalo to host a Thanksgiving game next season; we look so much like the Lions, we might as well act like 'em.

508795[/snapback]

Actually I think Larry King was on his 5th wife, and his current wife was just graduating from junior high... :D

While I agree with the rest of your post 100%, this i do not. Contrary to what most people think, these guys go where the money is offered, plain and simple. I don't care if we are 0-16, offer the jack and the players will come.

508840[/snapback]

If multiple teams are in the bidding, the $$ is basically the same . They sign where they can win.

Lower tier players will take the $$ from anyone because their choices are limited.

The problem does start with Ralph. He's too old, too senile and too incompetent to run a modern NFL franchise. So, he hands over the reigns to whitey who PROMPLY flushes the team down the shitter with 3-13, 8-8, 6-10, 9-7 and soon to be 4-12 seasons.

And when the opportunity arises to hire a QUALITY head coach, he really thinks outside the box and hires Mike Mularkey.

Fugging fantastic. Get used to it folks, we are what the Bengals used to be: incompetent.

508764[/snapback]

The first two years of rebuilding are understandable. When we got Bledsoe in 2002, there were a lot of happy people on this board. There were reasons to be optimistic. But when you've struggled the past three years something needs to change. Even last year we we had a tremendous comeback during the regular season, it was very tough to come back from the hole that we dug ourselves into. That seems to be the theme for the Bills the past couple of years.

508764[/snapback]

Come on. Ralph is not senile and could probably whip your ass on a tennis court from a physical perspective, too. He's stepped up to the plate every time his football people have asked for something the last 15 years and its a shame that TD has crapped out on building a team worthy of RW's investment (emotional as well as financial).

Ralph does not hire the coaches, so the blame rests solely with TD. Rest assured that Ralph will show Donohoe the door if this season truly melts down.

I stil can not Blame Ralph for much of this. Yes the team is ultimately under his control, But he is pretty much just the guy who signs the paycheck and gets one of the best seats in the house for the game. He is also pretty much the only thing keeping the Bills in Buffalo right now, without him say hello to the Los Angelos Bills. Whos gonna buy the bills? Golisano? He saved the sabres but is focusing on keeping the team out of the red and getting revenue sharing it is doing nothing to keep a competive team on the ice.

I have a feeling we will be hearing from Ralph soon about his displeasure of the way things are going and hopefully that will be the firing of Donahoe (who as President and GM is the guy at the top), he has had his time running this team and I believe his time has ended.

508759[/snapback]

This has been said for a few months now...It's kind of sad that it takes a beating like this to open everyone's eyes...