War of the Worlds

rockpile

Per a request by 1billsfan, I have now seen WOTW (daughter gets DVDs early where she works) and have an opinion based on viewing the movie.

This is some of the worst acting I have ever seen. The underlying story (family problems) is lame.

Although it did cover some of the original concepts that H.G. Wells put forth in his novels, that were ignored by the 1953 Gene Barry version, it still missed the boat.

The buried space ships was the dumbest part.

I liked the tripods and the special effects. Other than that the movie was not worth the time it took to watch.

Original thread

I signed up for Blockbuster's rent 3-at-a-time for $9.99 for just one month.  I saw about 15 movies.  But I saw everything I wanted to, pretty much, which was my plan, and I cancelled it.  I might do it again in the future with NetFlix.

509793[/snapback]

Can you rent as many movies as you want with that plan? Or just so many a month. With netflix you can watch as many as you like. I've always liked watching movies. There was a time during the early 90s when I was in college that I didn't have a lot of time to watch movies. So I have a lot of movies that i'm trying catch up on. :)

Although I agree the acting was terrible, (I hate Tom Cruise as much as I hate the french), the special effects and sound effects are incredilbe. I plan on buying the DVD and cranking it at home on my home theatre system. Maybe this explains why my neighbors don't ever say hello. I fear War of the Worlds right after my Blackhawk Down marathon might send them over the edge.

Can you rent as many movies as you want with that plan?  Or just so many a month.  With netflix you can watch as many as you like.  I've always liked watching movies.  There was a time during the early 90s when I was in college that I didn't have a lot of time to watch movies.  So I have a lot of movies that i'm trying catch up on.  :devil:

It's the 3-at-a-time plan that usually costs $17.99 (or close) for a month, but for the 1st month is just $9.99 (you can cancel at any time). There is no limit on how many you can watch a month, and I don't think any service ever had that restriction in any case.

Can you rent as many movies as you want with that plan? Or just so many a month. With netflix you can watch as many as you like. I've always liked watching movies. There was a time during the early 90s when I was in college that I didn't have a lot of time to watch movies. So I have a lot of movies that i'm trying catch up on. 

Girlfriend, you gotta' get a life up there in no man's land. :doh:

:devil: