Is Willis Mcgahee our RB of the future

RVJ

I assume you're talking about Davis, Lewis and Bettis in their primes because none of them run with the authority Willis does (well, when he's trying to run with authority and not dancing).  Holmes never had the power McGahee does.  L. Johnson hasn't gotten enough carries per game to know what kind of power back he really is...and did you really just mention Greg Jones in this discussion?

503562[/snapback]

Thank you. Saved me an explanation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willis had a bad game against KC

he still got about 70 yards, that's good for over 1100 a year.

that's his bad game

when mike williams and villerial have been healthy willis has run all over people.

once we get our line straight he has a shot at 2K.

i'll take him over freaking steve daivs

willis had a bad game against KC

he still got about 70 yards, that's good for over 1100 a year.

that's his bad game

when mike williams and villerial have been healthy willis has run all over people.

once we get our line straight he has a shot at 2K.

i'll take him over freaking steve daivs

503578[/snapback]

I like willis................................But 2k, get real.........He'd be lucky to reach 1800 once in his life span as an NFL rb......

I like willis................................But 2k, get real.........He'd be lucky to reach 1800 once in his life span as an NFL rb......

Thank you. Rare for this board... someone with a little objectivity.

Some fans think Willis is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Why? I don't know. Perhaps because he's a Buffalo Bills RB and we're among a herd of Bills fans who can't opine objectively about the subject.

To put Willis in a class with Jamaal Lewis, Edgerrin James, etc. after only about a season and a half of NFL play is simply ludicrous. He isn't a great one... at least not until he proves to be. The great ones don't get removed from the lineup on third downs, they block, they all catch 50 balls plus a season, and they break long runs. Willis can't lay claim to any of that. Right now Willis is one dimensional and he can be contained.

Willis has annointed himself as the best back in football. Well, from where I'm sitting, he's got a lot of "blow" and not enough "show".

Thank you.  Rare for this board... someone with a little objectivity.

Some fans think Willis is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Why?  I don't know. Perhaps because he's a Buffalo Bills RB and we're among a herd of Bills fans who can't opine objectively about the subject.

To put Willis in a class with Jamaal Lewis, Edgerrin James, etc. after only about a season and a half of NFL play is simply ludicrous.  He isn't a great one... at least not until he proves to be.  The great ones don't get removed from the lineup on third downs, they block, they all catch 50 balls plus a season, and they break long runs.  Willis can't lay claim to any of that.  Right now Willis is one dimensional and he can be contained.

Willis has annointed himself as the best back in football.  Well, from where I'm sitting, he's got a lot of "blow" and not enough "show".

503626[/snapback]

No where in this thread is the name ohh whats that guy in seattle ah ah ah .....................

Shawn Alexander ..............maybe that's because he's out in seattle I don't know,,,I have sunday ticket and have watched a few hawk games and would take him over any back in the league right now!!!!! A real game breaker IMO......unbelivable 90 yard TD run 2 weeks ago....I like willis alot........but I just don't see the fluidity to break off a Thurman type hair raising 75 yard game changing 3rd and 15 type of run.....That being said maybe this week we can get 125 pounding yards, 33 plus minutes of offense and some JP magic!!!!!! I like the bills by 1 over SD for some reason call me crazy I don't care.........

No where in this thread is the name ohh whats that guy in seattle ah ah ah .....................

Shawn Alexander ..............maybe that's because he's out in seattle I don't know,,,I have sunday ticket and have watched a few hawk games and would take him over any back in the league right now!!!!! A real game breaker IMO......unbelivable 90 yard TD run 2 weeks ago....I like willis alot........but I just don't see the fluidity to break off a Thurman type hair raising 75 yard game changing 3rd and 15 type of run.....That being said maybe this week we can get 125 pounding yards, 33 plus minutes of offense and some JP magic!!!!!!    I like the bills by 1 over SD for some reason call me crazy I don't care.........

503671[/snapback]

If that list of RB's instead identified: Cadillac Williams, S. Alexander. L. Tomlinson, C. Benson, E. James and R. Johnson, then, Ok, I would get that Dee Ray's point.

503605[/snapback]

i said a shot at 2K, 1800 is a few long runs in a season away from 2k

i think he can compare to Jamal Lewis, but i think he has potential to be more.

the comparison made between lewis and willis above saying you can't compare them because a great back catches and blocks and doesn't come out on 3rd down is silly.

lewis does not catch, is not a great blocker, and is off on 3rd downs all the time.

he is also being outplayed by chester taylor on his own team.

if we get a couple top tier interior linemen in here we have a solid chance running willis how baltimore ran lewis.

stephen davis, jamaal lewis, rudi johnson, larry johnson, priest holmes, greg jones, jerome bettis, edgerrin james.

503501[/snapback]

Aside from Edge, none of those other runningbacks come close to Willis. Many of them are over-the-hill.

Where is LT, SA, and Portis on your board?

Aside from Edge, none of those other runningbacks come close to Willis.  Many of them are over-the-hill.

Where is LT, SA, and Portis on your board?

503729[/snapback]

:lol:

Rudi Johnson carried 361 times last year, for 1454 yards, 12 td's, and 73 first downs.

So far this year, 191 for 778, 3 td's, 40 fd's.

Workhorse. :unsure:

i said a shot at 2K, 1800 is a few long runs in a season away from 2k

i think he can compare to Jamal Lewis, but i think he has potential to be more.

the comparison made between lewis and willis above saying you can't compare them because a great back catches and blocks and doesn't come out on 3rd down is silly.

lewis does not catch, is not a great blocker, and is off on 3rd downs all the time.

he is also being outplayed by chester taylor on his own team.

if we get a couple top tier interior linemen in here we have a solid chance running willis how baltimore ran lewis.

503717[/snapback]

Lewis racked up the yards because Baltimore didn't have a QB, if willis gets those numbers then the bills will be QB challenged!! I hope that is not the future for JP time will tell. Like I said LUCKY to reach 1800,, is a far cry from 2000......Willis would need a dozen O.J. type runs to get 2000 and he just isn't that type of runner....I wasn't attacking just don't see more than a couple of 1600 yard seasons in his future....

I know we have a bad offensive line. But WM looks so slow sometimes. And he

doesn't go all out driving for those extra yards. It seems that he picks and chooses

his spots. Sometimes I think he is holding back to prevent injury. In other words

he looks like he wants out of Buffalo when his contracts up. I would like to have

another top notch RB on the roster. This way we can put some presssue on Willis.

503461[/snapback]

Wow, there are alot of assumptions there! Mcgahee is doing very well

There maybe a few spots on offense that are in need of an upgrade, but RB ain't one of 'em.

503504[/snapback]

This post summed it up very well. A more effective offensive line would certainly help WM's numbers. The quarterback position is on the rise.

What do the Bills need?

Offensive linemen who can run and pass block, together.

A consistent pass rush.

A tight end that can catch, run and block.

And a healthy Takeo Spikes!!! Get well soon!!!

Why does Jamal Lewis's name keep popping up in this thread. THE Suppoused "GREAT" Jamal Lewis, who other then one season averaged just 1300 yards a year, other then his one great season beating up on the browns and bungles. is on pace this season for just 853 yards. What a train......

Only Bills fans could complain about having the 3rd leading rusher in the nfl on a top 5 rush offense....... Most runningbacks who get their insane stats usually have other weapons on offense that can pick up the slack so teams can't just focus on one aspect. Seatle has Matt Hasselbeck and a good passing offemse, as does Sd.

Give it up already. No Rb every week is gonna get 100+ yards and a 2 td game not tomlinson, not alexander, not edge no one. And Pretty much all the runningbacks in the top 10 other then Willis have some other semblence of an offense. You all are some really picky people.

Why does Jamal Lewis's name keep popping up in this thread. THE Suppoused "GREAT" Jamal Lewis, who other then one season averaged just 1300 yards a year, other then his one great season beating up on the browns and bungles. is on pace this season for just 853 yards. What a train......

504058[/snapback]

I'm sure the fact that teams are loading up the LOS and daring the horrific Raven QBs to find an equally horrific wideout to move the ball hasn't contributed to Lewis' sudden demise.

Well, that and learning what "tossing someone's salad" is.

I'm sure the fact that teams are loading up the LOS and daring the horrific Raven QBs to find an equally horrific wideout to move the ball hasn't contributed to Lewis' sudden demise.

504065[/snapback]

I agree to an extent about the quaterbacks, but that Todd Heap and Derrick Mason are really "horrific" I also find it funny how Chester Taylor under the same circumstances has been outplaying lewis when given the opportunity.

504065[/snapback]

They've been doing that for years against Lewis. I've seen a few Baltimore games this year and that burst that Lewis had just isn't there. He used to explode into the hole and (from what I've seen) he just doesn't hit the hole with the same fire this year as he has in the past.