Chicago Bears - The Horror

bobblehead

didnt the broncos have similar uni's not so long ago?...man orange is just ugly...i saw a black mcgahee jersey at the bills store in eastview..now i can really like the bills wearing those.. :rolleyes:

502351[/snapback]

When I flipped over the that game, that was my impression - some sort of mongrelized Bronco "Orange Crush" uniforms.

When I flipped over the that game, that was my impression - some sort of mongrelized  Bronco "Orange Crush" uniforms.

502355[/snapback]

The BEARS wore them on Thanksgiving Day late year agains the Cowboys.

They're from the 30's, when they had Bronco Nagurski

I kinda liked 'em .. at least for just 1 game

C & P:

The 1930s are a decade of radical change for the Bears uniform. By 1932, numbers are added to the front of the jersey. As early as 1933, the team uses an orange jersey with navy numerals, and black arm stripes, and wears it from time to time through the end of the decade. The jersey was so "loud" that stories are told about crowds in New York booing the jersey. In 1934, the team wears white helmets.

In 1936, the team unveils a uniform described years later by an NFL publication as "an early version of psychodelia." Bruising fullback Bronko Nagurski and his mates wear a dark helmet with three orange stripes from front to back, a white jersey with 14 navy and orange alternating stripes on the sleeves and shoulders. The socks look like something the Munchkins would wear in the Land of Oz, with alternating navy and orange stripes from the ankle to the knee.

da Bears orange jersey/uniform