I think JP gives us a good chance to win now.

The Bills did run more plays when Holcomb was in the game.  However, instead of looking at how many plays total are being run, let's look at the percentage of plays that are running plays (not counting QB scrambles).

When Losman was QBing the Bills handed the ball off 92 of the 225 plays.  That's 40.8% of the time.

When Holcomb is QBing the Bills have handed the ball off 128 of the 258 plays.  That's 49.6% of the time.

In fact, the Bills have run a total of 33 more plays in the four games that Holcomb has QBed.  They've run the ball 36 more times in those same games.  That, of course, means that the difference in the number of plays run are all running plays.

When Holcomb is in the game they've called a balanced attack while when Losman was playing they threw the ball nearly 60% of the time.

498061[/snapback]

A good post. I approve of the change in playcalling, and I hope the balance continues regardless of whom the Bills start at QB. Having said that, I think the intent of calling a more pass-heavy offense when Losman was in there was to force defenses to have at least a little respect for the passing game, instead of ganging up on the run. The plan certainly worked better against Houston than it did in following weeks. I loved the statement the Bills made by starting the Houston game with an empty backfield.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The man has nothing left to prove.  He got his bell rung playing all-out on a team going nowhere for a rookie QB.  That's a football player.  You won't see him milking a comeback.  You'll never see ESBN slobbering all over Chrebet for 4 hours.  I tip my cap to him.

497692[/snapback]

He's one of the good guys.

Its also an excellent reason why you rant/crusade about holcomb beaing great is complete and utter bull sh--.

Now, stop posting and go back to practice, Kelly. I'm sure you and Tom are still going over how to throw for 0 yards on our next critical 4th down play.

497989[/snapback]

Ramius, don't blame poor kelly :P He thought that the veteran WR who

got him a starting chance will bail him out on that 4th and 7 and of course

our veteran WR outmuscled the DB for 0 yard :o

May be Holcomb Arm could have used his Arm to extend the ball 7 yards to

get the first down :D

Ramius,  don't blame poor kelly  :P  He thought that the veteran WR who

got him a starting chance will bail him out on that 4th and 7 and of course

our veteran WR outmuscled the DB for 0 yard  :o

May be Holcomb Arm could have used his Arm to extend the ball 7 yards to

get the first down  :D

498177[/snapback]

Posts like this demonstrate two traits of many here on the wall:

1. An either/or tendency. Anyone who is impressed by McGahee assumes he must be unimpressed by Travis Henry. Or in this case, anyone who thinks Losman has a bright future ahead of him assumes he must dislike Holcomb.

2. The tendency to judge a player based on one play. Travis was considered a hero on these boards for all the rushing yards he gave us, and for playing on a fractured leg. But then came that 4th down play when he tripped instead of going into the endzone. Before that play people saw the good but not the bad; after it people saw the bad but not the good.

At least with Travis's 4th down play the playcall itself was a decent call, and gave Travis an opportunity to either look good or bad, depending on his own performance. That's more than can be said about the NE play you're referring to.

At least with Travis's 4th down play the playcall itself was a decent call, and gave Travis an opportunity to either look good or bad, depending on his own performance. That's more than can be said about the NE play you're referring to.

498191[/snapback]

Didn't Holcomb actually checkdown and decided to throw on the flat to

Moulds...May be he really thought with Moulds being the Physical Punishing

receiver having the ability to get the TOUGH yards out (No Pun intended by

the way). Problem is this team is not clicking together as a team...Until they

can play as a single cohesive unit the losses will be following.

Posts like this demonstrate two traits of many here on the wall:

1. An either/or tendency. Anyone who is impressed by McGahee assumes he must be unimpressed by Travis Henry. Or in this case, anyone who thinks Losman has a bright future ahead of him assumes he must dislike Holcomb.

2. The tendency to judge a player based on one play. Travis was considered a hero on these boards for all the rushing yards he gave us, and for playing on a fractured leg. But then came that 4th down play when he tripped instead of going into the endzone. Before that play people saw the good but not the bad; after it people saw the bad but not the good.

498191[/snapback]

"The tendency to judge a player based on one play." Hmm. That has become Scott Norwood's legacy. :D

How many times did his leg WIN a game for the Bills?

"The tendency to judge a player based on one play." Hmm. That has become Scott Norwood's legacy.  :huh: 

How many times did his leg WIN a game for the Bills?

498408[/snapback]

One play yes, but it happened to be for the game winning FG attempt to win the Super Bowl. Hardly just a routine FG attempt. But, I know what your saying. He usually was Mr. Automatic, and was Mr. Clutch many times to win the game.

I'm not all that sure putting JP in is trashing the season. I think he can play better, and I think Holcomb is showing all he has these last few games. I think all Holcomb has will get us a 7-9 record. JP will probably give us a 6-8 record as he looks now, and may be showing his upside soon enough to get us the east berth (assuming everyone else keeps playing as poorly as they are. In any event this is going to be a pretty forgettable season. As to pissed off veterans...I ain't seeing any terrel owens talent worth putting up with much crap for. But hell, I don't see why Philadelphia even up with the crap they did from TO.