Marvin Harrison

Frez

We were so close in that draft of picking Marvin but the Colts snagged him from us.

497304[/snapback]

It wouldn't have mattered. With the revolving door of QBs we've had Harrison wouldn't have nearly the reputation he's built by playing with Manning for 7 years.

What's better, A WR who has a pizza delivered to practice or a LB who gets involved in a murder?  :o

497357[/snapback]

For my money, Ray Lewis orchestrated one of the two greatest Super Bowl performances in history (Rice's absurd 200+ yard game the other one). Age has caught up to him, but the guy was an unreal player in his prime, and he's still pretty good.

Moulds was a fine, fine pick though - unfair to judge him in this manner.

I love looking at old drafts.  Think the Jets are kicking themselves for selecting Meshawn over Ogden?  Reggie Brown and Mobley over Ray Lewis?  Eddie Kennison over Marvin Harrison.....there is no sure thing come drafttime

497362[/snapback]

Ditto Pete.

As for the jests, this was the Kotite era. Their first pick in the 2nd round was actually yet another wideout, Alex Van Dyke. I doubt if any team ever used the first pick of an entire draft AND the first pick of the 2nd round on receivers; nor will it ever happen again.

By the way, care to guess who was selected in round 3 that year, just ONE slot before the Bills picked?

You guessed right. :o

Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!)

Manning makes their 3rd WR look great.

Harrison is a very good WR, doesnt talk trash, a real class act.

but i hate to say it, but TO and or Moss are better.

but i would take Harrison over eather of those 2 guys any day.

Manning makes their 3rd WR look great.

Harrison is a very good WR, doesnt talk trash, a real class act.

but i hate to say it, but TO and or Moss are better.

but i would take Harrison over eather of those 2 guys any day.

497570[/snapback]

Marvin is all-around better, IMO because he brings it every-day and every-play. He'll block...he'll decoy as if he's the prime target. Moss is lazy if he's not the prime target or if it's a running play. TO's been known to block on a running play, but he misses too many games for "personal" reasons.

Marvin's had some complaints about his lack of touches...but he's never made it a spectacle. Marvin's the man...hands down, IMO.