Start Holcomb...if the offense struggles

Hardy Pyle

...give him some reps to think about during the bye week. Get him some live action.

487197[/snapback]

I say start JP......for the rest of the damn season.

Seems like almost everyone on this board seems to be so hell-bent on protecting the kid from the beatdown the Patriots are gonna give him. Protecting him from getting embarrassed in the national spotlight.

What gives people? This kid, wet behind the ears or not, is a !@#$in NFL quarterback! I say, this is EXACTLY the kind of game he needs to get acclimated to! Throw his ass to the wolves, and lets see how he performs.

I was one of the first people in agreement with benching Losman after the New Orleans game. After watching the last three games, this team has been revealed for exactly what it is, a mediocre(at best) team. While his numbers were downright awful, I think we all can say now that those three losses could hardly be pinned on him. Hell one could arguably say he wasn't to blame very much at all!

This kid is our future, whether we like it or not, and TD gave up way too much to even think about another option at QB. JP could throw 25 ints the rest of the year, and he'll still lining it up under center in 06. LET HIM LEARN, AND FOR GODS SAKES, GIVE HIM MORE THAN JUST 4 FRIGGIN GAMES TO SHOW US THAT HE'S GOT IT OR NOT!

Carson Palmer, Eli Manning both stunk up the joints last year, and the Bengals and Giants took their lumps and stuck with them, through good and bad. Why can't we be so patient? How long has it been since the Bengals made the playoffs? We gave this kid 4 games and !@#$in betrayed him, me included.

After seeing all the weaknesses and holes we have on this team, I for one am ready to give him the entire rest of the season to see what he can do. We all have to admit, even though he stunk it up on more than one occasion, he displayed flashes of the great things he possesses that we brought him here for: a cannon for an arm, mobility, ability to elude a pass rush, etc...

Put him in Sunday night. For keeps...

GO BILLS!

I say start JP......for the rest of the damn season. 

:

This kid is our future, whether we like it or not, and TD gave up way too much to even think about another option at QB.  JP could throw 25 ints the rest of the year, and he'll still lining it up under center in 06.  LET HIM LEARN, AND FOR GODS SAKES, GIVE HIM MORE THAN JUST 4 FRIGGIN GAMES TO SHOW US THAT HE'S GOT IT OR NOT!

:

Carson Palmer, Eli Manning both stunk up the joints last year, and the Bengals and Giants took their lumps and stuck with them, through good and bad.  Why can't we be so patient?  How long has it been since the Bengals made the playoffs?  We gave this kid 4 games and !@#$in betrayed him, me included. 

487338[/snapback]

I agree. And let's not forget Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and David Carr. The Lions and the Ravens and Texans also sacrificed on offense to gain their qb's valuable experience and it has been paying dividends. Sure, they might have been more competative starting 2nd tier veteran qb's while these guys sat, and in the case of the Raven's might even have made the playoffs, but now they are years ahead offensively then where they would have been. For them, the past few years has been an offensive investment well-spent.

I agree.  And let's not forget Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and David Carr.  The Lions and the Ravens and Texans also sacrificed on offense to gain their qb's valuable experience and it has been paying dividends.  Sure, they might have been more competative starting 2nd tier veteran qb's while these guys sat, and in the case of the Raven's might even have made the playoffs,  but now they are years ahead offensively then where they would have been.  For them, the past few years has been an offensive investment well-spent.

487852[/snapback]

Wait wait wait...Harrington just got benched, Carr is a mess from being hit so many times and Kyle Boller is currently injured. Let's not point to those as examples of success. I wouldn't say the Lions, Texans, or Ravens have experienced ANY offensive growth during the tenure of those QBs. In the case of Harrington that lack of growth has been in spite of a proponderence of weapons to choose from (Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Marcus Pollard) All three of those QBs are in serious danger of losing thier jobs and Brian Billick is in danger of losing his for drafting Boller and being so devoted to him.

Wait wait wait...Harrington just got benched, Carr is a mess from being hit so many times and Kyle Boller is currently injured. 

488109[/snapback]

Those must be the dividends he's talking about. :P

Wait wait wait...Harrington just got benched, Carr is a mess from being hit so many times and Kyle Boller is currently injured.  Let's not point to those as examples of success.  I wouldn't say the Lions, Texans, or Ravens have experienced ANY offensive growth during the tenure of those QBs.    In the case of Harrington that lack of growth has been in spite of a proponderence of weapons to choose from (Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, Marcus Pollard)  All three of those QBs are in serious danger of losing thier jobs and Brian Billick is in danger of losing his for drafting Boller and being so devoted to him.

488109[/snapback]

Was satire. The point is that it is all well and good to talk about taking a step back during the season in order to groom the quarterback of the future, but it is by no means a sure thing that he will pan out. And if he doesn't, as those teams illustrate, you can piss away a lot of years and still be right where you started. And it is my belief (havn't crunched the numbers) that that is what happens in most cases.

I agree.  And let's not forget Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, and David Carr.  The Lions and the Ravens and Texans also sacrificed on offense to gain their qb's valuable experience and it has been paying dividends.  Sure, they might have been more competative starting 2nd tier veteran qb's while these guys sat, and in the case of the Raven's might even have made the playoffs,  but now they are years ahead offensively then where they would have been.  For them, the past few years has been an offensive investment well-spent.

487852[/snapback]

thats why drafting a QB in the first round is a waste

you think Alex Smith will turn out to be the superstar, its a VERY difficult thing to do. Try finding someone in free agency, don't go waste a pick on an unproven player.