For Realists Only

Red Dragon

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

1. Matt Leinart, QB Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

3. Reggie Bush*, RB USC

4. A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

5. Mario Williams*, DE North Carolina State

6. Laurence Maroney* RB Minnesota

7. Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

8. Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

9. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

10. DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

11. Ahmad Brooks*, LB Virginia

12. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

See anyone you like? It looks a little thin at WR, so maybe a back-up running back will be the choice for good ole' Donahoe. Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

486198[/snapback]

So, according to you - the Bills will finish behind Miami, NYJ, Houston, SF, the NFC North... etc...

:w00t:

So, according to you - the Bills will finish behind Miami, NYJ, Houston, SF, the NFC North... etc...

:w00t:

486201[/snapback]

It is certainly conceivable. It is not as if that their performance in Oakland gave me any reason to be optimistic. Houston and SF will probably finish with a worse record than Buffalo, though.

It's October, you numbskull.  Football's not over yet.  Hell, college football's not over yet, and you've already declared BOTH seasons over and are rating the draft.

486203[/snapback]

Hold on there crap thrower. Barring injury to players, the collage season has little to do with where a player gets drafted...Does this mean we can and should only draft from teams that are in a Major Bowl Game? The players listed will probably be all first round players.

As for the NFL - I think we all have a good grasp on just how good the Bills are...Top 5 pick is a real possibility...

I think the thing the dragon is missing is that TD will probably unvail his genius, drop down, take D'Angelo Williams, (wont pay for McGahee), and get another 3rd rounder who we'll turn into the next Coy Wire...

I just love the way thread titles like "For Realists Only" pretty much guarantee the person starting the thread is as delusional as is possible.

It's October, you numbskull.  Football's not over yet.  Hell, college football's not over yet, and you've already declared BOTH seasons over and are rating the draft.

486203[/snapback]

College players can be rated throughout the year-it doesn't matter if their season is still in progress. Obviously, the rankings will changed based on performance and combine results, but this is a good starting point. The NFL season may not be finished, but I believe the Bills are, so what better time than to look ahead to the draft. After all without the draft, how can the organization sell us on the idea that improvements are being made to the team, so we can all have hope again for next year?

I just don't want Donahoe anywhere near that draft table.

486223[/snapback]

If he is, is it safe to assume that Reggie Bush will be holding up a Bills jersey next April? I mean, we don't really need him, but he is the best player in next years draft! Imagine what we could do with him starting, Willis on the bench as starter 1A(playing out his contract) on the depth charts, and a whole bunch of scrubs on the O-line! :w00t:

Considering that the Bills are seemingly on an unstoppable slide to the basement, it's time to look forward to the 2006 NFL Draft. Here are my top 12 as of right now.

1. Matt Leinart, QB Southern California

3. Reggie Bush*, RB USC

4. A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

6. Laurence Maroney* RB Minnesota

7. Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

8. Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

10. DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

11. Ahmad Brooks*, LB Virginia

12. DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

See anyone you like? It looks a little thin at WR, so maybe a back-up running back will be the choice for good ole' Donahoe. Lets hope he is not gun shy about taking a tackle again and draft D'Brickashaw. He should be available if the Bills continue their current pace.

486198[/snapback]

Well...Assuming TD and TM are still calling the shots...AJ Hawk should be the Buffalo Bills Prime target in the 1st Round of the 2006 Draft...

I have no inside info of coarse, but if you take a real close look at what this Organization loves in Players...It's more than just a hunch...Plus he's not an O-Lineman or a DT, so that fact is certain to move him up on The Bills Draft Board... :)

486198[/snapback]

Those are the 3 I'd look at out of the 12 you listed. I'll also throw out a few morenames

DT RODRIGUE WRIGHT TEXAS<~~ interior pass rush type

DT GABE WATSON MICHIGAN<~~~ run stoping dt. Huge man. Kind of like Sam Adams/Ted Washington type.

OT- Marcus McNeil Auburn- 6'9 337 lbs. Huge Man. Paved lanes for Caddy and Ronnie Brown. I like him more then D'brickshaw

OT- Johnathan Scott Texas- Not as good as D'Brickshaw or McNeil but would be a good value pick middle of rd 1. Prototypical LT.

I honestly think our biggest need is dt, but if we somehow get Marcus McNeil or D'Brickshaw we'd have our franchise LT for years to come.

I'm all out of troll food. Does anyone have the good Prestone flavor ?

Then they never come back.

486432[/snapback]

Mix with a little Kool Aid and you've got the TSW Special.

In other parts of the country it's call the Red Dragon.

Hold on there crap thrower.  Barring injury to players, the collage season has little to do with where a player gets drafted...Does this mean we can and should only draft from teams that are in a Major Bowl Game?  The players listed will probably be all first round players.

486218[/snapback]

I was thinking specifically of injuries...but even so, your point is not a general one. Players' positions in the draft do rise and fall depending on their final year's college performance. Usually just a handful in any given year...but it does happen.

College players can be rated throughout the year-it doesn't matter if their season is still in progress. Obviously, the rankings will changed based on performance and combine results, but this is a good starting point. The NFL season may not be finished, but I believe the Bills are, so what better time than to look ahead to the draft. After all without the draft, how can the organization sell us on the idea that improvements are being made to the team, so we can all have hope again for next year?

486222[/snapback]

Oh, shut up. Go root for Indy. Their season's not "over" yet. :)

Some people have absolutely no appreciation for the game of professional football, and you, sir, are one of those people. Please bring your story to your personal blog at WhenTheGoingGetsToughIGetGoingHomeLikeAPussy.com.

Seven weeks in and you're ready for the season to end? What an embarrassment you must be to other people at your table.

I was thinking specifically of injuries...but even so, your point is not a general one.  Players' positions in the draft do rise and fall depending on their final year's college performance.  Usually just a handful in any given year...but it does happen.

486448[/snapback]

Like Eric Flowers? :)