Today the Bills just quit

bleedinblue

The last Oakland drive was the cumulation of a very frustrating day by the Bills. They just flat out quit. No pride, no competative fire, no will. Not surprising since their head coach quit on them. Refusing to attempt even a single throw downfield, giving the ball to a back who hasn't carried all year on 4th and goal, running out the clock with 35 seconds left in the half, getting the ball to Willis a scant 19 times, a game plan that Sherlock Holmes would have trouble finding, etc., etc., etc. Mularkey quit being a head coach weeks ago, the only surprise is that the team didn't quit on him earlier. He has lost this team.

I think you're exaggerating a bit by saying MM quit on his team "weeks ago", that would obviously be career suicide. You just don't do that. We do agree that he's made some questionable calls this season.

It was quite the image seeing London Fletcher on the bench almost in tears, and the offense all looking at each other as if to ask "what do we do next?" What will be the next friggin' spark for this team? Cheeseburgers and Kelly Holcomb just didn't do enough.

The last Oakland drive was the cumulation of a very frustrating day by the Bills.  They just flat out quit.  No pride, no competative fire, no will.  Not surprising since their head coach quit on them.  Refusing to attempt even a single throw downfield, giving the ball to a back who hasn't carried all year on 4th and goal, running out the clock with 35 seconds left in the half, getting the ball to Willis a scant 19 times, a game plan that Sherlock Holmes would have trouble finding, etc., etc., etc.  Mularkey quit being a head coach weeks ago, the only surprise is that the team didn't quit on him earlier.  He has lost this team.

484059[/snapback]

There is a difference between being pounded into submission and quitting. I didn't see anything from that defense in the last drive that they hadn't been doing all game. They just stink. They are old and tired up the middle.

Its funny we never heard these things when the Bills were winning a lot of games...its unbelievable, its like clockwork...

Team dosent win enough = lack of effort, no heart etc....just face facts, the Bills just arent that good.

484093[/snapback]

Um when were they winning alot of games in their recent history? I must stop drinking ASAP.

The last Oakland drive was the cumulation of a very frustrating day by the Bills.  They just flat out quit.  No pride, no competative fire, no will.  Not surprising since their head coach quit on them.  Refusing to attempt even a single throw downfield, giving the ball to a back who hasn't carried all year on 4th and goal, running out the clock with 35 seconds left in the half, getting the ball to Willis a scant 19 times, a game plan that Sherlock Holmes would have trouble finding, etc., etc., etc.  Mularkey quit being a head coach weeks ago, the only surprise is that the team didn't quit on him earlier.  He has lost this team.

484059[/snapback]

I agree with everything but Willis. You want to run him more than 19 times?! He couldn't do anything today, just after he proclaimed himself 'the best back in the NFL'. Willis should shut up, he was as bad as the defence today.

Its funny we never heard these things when the Bills were winning a lot of games...its unbelievable, its like clockwork...

Team dosent win enough = lack of effort, no heart etc....just face facts, the Bills just arent that good.

484093[/snapback]

That is true, just as it is true that they flat out quit at the end of the game today. I have never seen this team just plain quit like they did today. I have seen them go 0 and 4 and never stop fighting. I have seen them overcome injuries and bad breaks. I have seen them struggle through bad coaching and poor game plans, but never have I seem them just give up. Good, bad or indifferent, quitting is quitting and this team quit today.

Willis can't take the ball out of Kelly's hand when he goes back to pass. The OC has to call the plays!

The D has been doing alot of quitting these past 3 years. They get a lead very late in the 4th quarter and fold. They are down by 14 points and fold. It makes no difference to them.

There is a difference between being pounded into submission and quitting.  I didn't see anything from that defense in the last drive that they hadn't been doing all game.  They just stink.  They are old and tired up the middle.

484083[/snapback]

Yep all Game and most of the Season so Far...A couple things you cannot hide for long...A lack of Talent or ability...The Bills are trying to hide both on D...You just cant do it for long...In the Bills case it's usually about a Quarter...Maybe a Half vs. the poorer Teams at Home...

484059[/snapback]

This is the 2nd time (Atlanta game) the opponent has lost multiple starting DBs and the Bills have refused to take advantage of it.

I have lost a ton of respect for Mularkey & Co.

And WHY OH WHY do they continue to send Willis into the waiting arms of Ted Washington???

BTW, Bennie Anderson is a BIG liability.

This whole organization is terrible, and in true Bills fan fashion I bought into the we are in first place and if we string together a few wins we can make some noise. And those who saw this team for what they were I gave them crap. So I apologize because this is another fraud of a team brought to you by TD and Co. And I will still put myself through the agonizing pain of watching this team week in and week out, but I know now that I wanted to cheer for a winner so bad that I let the fact that we were in "first" place blind me to the over-freaking-whelming weaknesses this team has. Fire the GM and then the coaching staff and let the players just make up the gameplan (moulds probably wouldn't be unhappy about that) because this weak dick coach lets his vets and his GM run rough-shot all over him. Clean house and I pay Notre Dame the $1.5 million to buy out Chuckie Weis and give him a blank check. Git r done RW. PS...I am at work and its 5AM this sh-- probably doesn't even make sense.

Clean house and I pay Notre Dame the $1.5 million to buy out Chuckie Weis and give him a blank check. Git r done RW. PS...I am at work and its 5AM this sh-- probably doesn't even make sense.

484338[/snapback]

If you are the successful coach of Notre Dame, it is better than any NFL job, especially the mess we have in Buffalo. There's no way Weis will leave ND to coach the Bills.