TALK and the TALKERS who TALK IT

Although I for one am not surprised by the outcome of this game, or this season so far for that matter, I am increasingly angry at being fed YARNS by my football team - it's bad enough that my elected officials feed me yarns every day, I don't need my leisure activities lying to me too. I'm calling out the following individuals, and tell you once and for all to S.T.F.U. because I'm just sick and tired of listening to your horse manure every week:

1) Mularkey. Stop telling me you're providing a smashmouth, run-first physical offense. S.T.F.U. This is what you WANT me and everyone else to think, so that you can catch everyone offguard with your trick plays. NO ONE IS FOOLED by the 2-4 ridiculous junk plays a game (has one worked this year? ONE??). This is not a physical team. This isn't a running team. This is a pass-happy gimmick-play offense designed to mask weaknesses along the o-line.

2) McGahee. Stop telling me how good you are. You weren't even the best back on the field today. And, stop telling me how you're 100%. If this is you at 100%, you really, really played inferior competition at The U.

3) Fletcher. Stop telling me how you're gonna lead this D. I haven't seen you make a single play this year, and you look like you've lost a step.

4) Moulds. Just S.T.F.U.

5) Nate. Stop telling me how you think you should be paid as the top corner in the League. $7+ mil/year ain't worth it for 3 picks and 12 boneheaded plays.

6) Gray. Stop telling me how the players just aren't executing their assignments. I'm not stupid - your assignments only work if you have 11 Pro Bowlers, and even then only 20% of the time. You don't know how to make adjustments - even worse, you REFUSE to acknowledge that you have to. That's what Gregg-o got fired for, and you're gonna be next if you don't watch it. Your schemes are designed for bullying poor offenses at home - they will NEVER win a Championship.

And, finally,

7) Donahoe. You know what? I can live with a rebuilding year, unlike a lot of fans. I actually don't mind watching a young team develop, knowing that they're gaining valuable experience and that greener pastures are on the horizon. SO JUST TELL ME THAT'S WHAT I'LL BE PAYING FOR, YOU ASS. Don't tell me that I'm investing my $$ in a team "on the brink", that only needs an untested rookie QB who lacks patience and discipline to make it to the promised land. This is horsesh--, AND YOU KNOW IT. S.T.F.U.! This team is rebuilding - just say it . TELL IT TO ME STRAIGHT. I'm tired of the lines, the half-speak, the equivocation, the "save the postage." I'm WILLING to be patient, but I'm NOT willing to be lied to over and over again.

(also)

8) Karl Rove. S.T.F.U.

Although I for one am not surprised by the outcome of this game, or this season so far for that matter, I am increasingly angry at being fed YARNS by my football team - it's bad enough that my elected officials feed me yarns every day, I don't need my leisure activities lying to me too.  I'm calling out the following individuals, and tell you once and for all to S.T.F.U. because I'm just sick and tired of listening to your horse manure every week:

1)  Mularkey.  Stop telling me you're providing a smashmouth, run-first physical offense.  S.T.F.U.  This is what you WANT me and everyone else to think, so that you can catch everyone offguard with your trick plays.  NO ONE IS FOOLED by the 2-4 ridiculous junk plays a game (has one worked this year? ONE??).  This is not a physical team.  This isn't a running team.  This is a pass-happy gimmick-play offense designed to mask weaknesses along the o-line.

2)  McGahee.  Stop telling me how good you are.  You weren't even the best back on the field today.  And, stop telling me how you're 100%.  If this is you at 100%, you really, really played inferior competition at The U. 

3)  Fletcher.  Stop telling me how you're gonna lead this D.  I haven't seen you make a single play this year, and you look like you've lost a step.

4)  Moulds.  Just S.T.F.U.

5)  Nate.  Stop telling me how you think you should be paid as the top corner in the League.  $7+ mil/year ain't worth it for 3 picks and 12 boneheaded plays.

6)  Gray.  Stop telling me how the players just aren't executing their assignments.  I'm not stupid - your assignments only work if you have 11 Pro Bowlers, and even then only 20% of the time.  You don't know how to make adjustments - even worse, you REFUSE to acknowledge that you have to.  That's what Gregg-o got fired for, and you're gonna be next if you don't watch it.  Your schemes are designed for bullying poor offenses at home - they will NEVER win a Championship.

And, finally,

7)  Donahoe.  You know what?  I can live with a rebuilding year, unlike a lot of fans.  I actually don't mind watching a young team develop, knowing that they're gaining valuable experience and that greener pastures are on the horizon.  SO JUST TELL ME THAT'S WHAT I'LL BE PAYING FOR, YOU ASS.  Don't tell me that I'm investing my $$ in a team "on the brink", that only needs an untested rookie QB who lacks patience and discipline to make it to the promised land.  This is horsesh--, AND YOU KNOW IT.  S.T.F.U.!  This team is rebuilding - just say it .  TELL IT TO ME STRAIGHT.  I'm tired of the lines, the half-speak, the equivocation, the "save the postage."  I'm WILLING to be patient, but I'm NOT willing to be lied to over and over again.

(also)

8)  Karl Rove.  S.T.F.U.

483963[/snapback]

1. If smashmouth is two yards per rush and two yard passes to the tight ends and wide outs then we are snashmouth baby. If a team doesn't even attempt to throw downfield what do you think the opposing defense is going to do?????

2. Agreed - do not talk crap unless you are absolutely, positively going to back it up

3. This d doesn't have a leader since TKO went down. Fletcher may be the defensive captain but Spikes is the heart and soul. And btw, I hate Troy Vincent.

4. Thanks for stepping up Eric. You really supported the new guy and you've been amazing with Holcomb. <_<

5. He'll still get ridiculous money in the free market but the guy proves on a regular basis that he is not a consistent top tier cb.

6. Jerry Gray is turning into the Kevin Gilbride of the defensive side. The blitzing worked last year. Is it Pat's absence or TKO's that makes it not work this year? He better figure it out because guys are out of position and our rush is not getting it done when it needs to. I can't believe our d is 6th in the afc in sacks because it sure as hell seems like we never get to the qb when we have to.

7.I said it when he was struggling and I say it now - we needed to stick with JP and get through the growing pains. Does anybody really think that Kelly Holcomb was the difference in the two victories at home against inferior divisional opponents? JP stepped into a buzzsaw in TB, kept the team in competition against possibly the second best nfc team (Atlanta) and lost a game in San Antonio where our special teams tripped over their feet, the defense sucked and the coaches went away from the running game after enjoying early success. TD MADE JP the starter. He cut Drew and annointed JP the starter without opening up the position to competition. I don't have a problem with that - we did trade up to get him after all. But stick to your guns. We are not that good a team. Let JP get his learning in and show us that we're moving in the right direction.

8. Hey, at least he has been quiet - hasn't he????

Good post btw.

6)  Gray.  Stop telling me how the players just aren't executing their assignments.  I'm not stupid - your assignments only work if you have 11 Pro Bowlers, and even then only 20% of the time.  You don't know how to make adjustments - even worse, you REFUSE to acknowledge that you have to.  That's what Gregg-o got fired for, and you're gonna be next if you don't watch it.  Your schemes are designed for bullying poor offenses at home - they will NEVER win a Championship.

483963[/snapback]

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Especially the part where "Your schemes are designed for bullying poor offenses at home - they will NEVER win a Championship."

I've been saying this for two years, but about the whole football team and staff.

1. If smashmouth is two yards per rush and two yard passes to the tight ends and wide outs then we are snashmouth baby. If a team doesn't even attempt to throw downfield what do you think the opposing defense is going to do?????

2. Agreed - do not talk crap unless you are absolutely, positively going to back it up

3. This d doesn't have a leader since TKO went down. Fletcher may be the defensive captain but Spikes is the heart and soul. And btw, I hate Troy Vincent.

4. Thanks for stepping up Eric. You really supported the new guy and you've been amazing with Holcomb.  <_<

5.  He'll still get ridiculous money in the free market but the guy proves on a regular basis that he is not a consistent top tier cb.

6. Jerry Gray is turning into the Kevin Gilbride of the defensive side. The blitzing worked last year. Is it Pat's absence or TKO's that makes it not work this year? He better figure it out because guys are out of position and our rush is not getting it done when it needs to. I can't believe our d is 6th in the afc in sacks because it sure as hell seems like we never get to the qb when we have to.

7.I said it when he was struggling and I say it now - we needed to stick with JP and get through the growing pains. Does anybody really think that Kelly Holcomb was the difference in the two victories at home against inferior divisional opponents? JP stepped into a buzzsaw in TB, kept the team in competition against possibly the second best nfc team (Atlanta) and lost a game in San Antonio where our special teams tripped over their feet, the defense sucked and the coaches went away from the running game after enjoying early success. TD MADE JP the starter. He cut Drew and annointed JP the starter without opening up the position to competition. I don't have a problem with that - we did trade up to get him after all. But stick to your guns. We are not that good a team. Let JP get his learning in and show us that we're moving in the right direction.

8. Hey, at least he has been quiet - hasn't he????

Good post btw.

484040[/snapback]

#6 You didn't read his post effectively. It has nothing to do with players missing or not here. It has everything to do with who we played. EVERYTHING.