No Child Left Unrecruited

MattyT

With Bush, its always relavent, isn't it?  He's just plain 'bad'.  I can't even stomach hearing the guy try to talk.  He's such a piss-poor excuse for a president.  I don't believe that he understands half of what he's talking about in his speeches.  He's just a puppet.

I hear he smells bad after working out and likes to make fart jokes sometimes too.

What exactly is the Democratic "viewpoint?"

35557[/snapback]

For starters:

Make an attempt to use the carrot instead of the stick.

The U.S. is merely feared in the world. And fears can be overcome. Ask George III circa 1781.

We screwed up when we didn't listen to Washington's farewell address.

For starters:

Make an attempt to use the carrot instead of the stick.

The U.S. is merely feared in the world. And fears can be overcome. Ask George III circa 1781.

We screwed up when we didn't listen to Washington's farewell address.

35582[/snapback]

We screwed up when we decided to turn over the power from the people to the federal government. The true DEMOCRATIC PARTY VIEWPOINT.

Funny...the only man in recent history to really FORCE CHANGE to how the the world works, did so in large part because the rest of the world thought that he had one hand in the jellybean jar and the other hand on "the button".

Going back a little more, the last country that did launch a major attack on us even had reservations about "awaking the sleeping dragon". And they felt the dragon's breath not once, but twice.

We screwed up when we decided to turn over the power from the people to the federal government.  The true DEMOCRATIC PARTY VIEWPOINT.

35585[/snapback]

If you think that by going toward the right on the political spectrum, you're going to get ANY less government (it just changes who gets the money, namely that we've got to find more and better ways to be able to blow the world up 600 times over) you're kidding yourself.

FYI -- I don't agree with many Democratic platforms, it's just that when I bring all to mind, they're closer to what we should be doing in the world. The political system is done broke. Whatever happened to intelligent people who thought about more than themselves or their own inner circle of contributors? Who had a clear vision of the fundamental nature of things, macro to micro?

Yeah, Einstein helped develop the bomb. If "we" didn't build it, "they" would and he put his cards with the U.S. I don't think he imagined who'd come to have their finger on the trigger. Call everyone a hypocrite if it helps you sleep. I also maintain that he was the smartest person ever, (Da Vinci is right up there tho) maybe limited by the technology of the time, and knew far more than can be expressed with 26 letters of the alphabet.

(BTW, I do like the Rosie O'Donnell joke in your sig.... The 2nd Amendment protects the rest of 'em.)

Funny...the only man in recent history to really FORCE CHANGE to how the the world works, did so in large part because the rest of the world thought that he had one hand in the jellybean jar and the other hand on "the button".

Going back a little more, the last country that did launch a major attack on us even had reservations about "awaking the sleeping dragon". And they felt the dragon's breath not once, but twice.

35598[/snapback]

Huh? I wasn't talking specifically about 1945 when I wrote that.

I was talking about Axis Powers Part III, the non-country-specific version, w/ N. Korea or Iran's nukes, Al Qaeda's minions, plus whatever other group wants to get into the mix (and it may suprise you) of the 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' equation.

This is in large part a result of the goading of the "Axis of Evil" speech combined with the pre-emption doctrine. It's just a matter of time the way things are spiraling, and we're just being pulled deeper and deeper into it. You pick a fight, you better be able to win it, and the extent that the military is stretched, we might not. The Roman Empire found that out.

But,

"Those who remember the past are condemned to repeat it too, that's a little history joke." -- Michael Herr in "Dispatches"

If you think that by going toward the right on the political spectrum, you're going to get ANY less government (it just changes who gets the money, namely that we've got to find more and better ways to be able to blow the world up 600 times over) you're kidding yourself.

(BTW, I do like the Rosie O'Donnell joke in your sig.... The 2nd Amendment protects the rest of 'em.)

35603[/snapback]

I don't think that either of these political parties represent America in the least. And I'm not foolish enough to align myself with either of them.

I'll be voting for a 3rd party candidate in every election in November. If the rest of America did the same thing, we'd all be better off.

Well, here goes. I'm a Bills fan and from Western NY. I have done 18 years in the United States Navy, and for my last tour of duty, I volunteered to be a recruiter. So, I'm in the Southern Tier and the "No Child Left Behind" act was intended to give the military the same access to a high school as a college. Yes, I do get lists with H.S. seniors names and phone numbers. And...yes some people opt out. Thats fine. For the folks that don't opt out, I call them and ask if they would like information about the Navy. If they say yes, we continue... If they say no, I make an entry in their record and I don't call them again. Most of the time people screen their calls and I don't get through anyways. I don't call anyone after 1900 (7pm) and you don't have to be rude, I'm just doing my job and if there is no interest....just tell me. Anybody got any questions about this issue, I would be happy to answer them honestly.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
-No, I haven't heard of this.

-No, I haven't been informed by my son's HS

-Yes, it does bother me

Given the opportunity, I also will opt out.  I'm so sick of the hidden language in these 'Acts' that are buried somewhere in a tiny paragraph on the 1097th page, yet its so typical and so not surprising.  You can never, ever, ever take anything at face value with this administration.  There's always, always something being deliberately kept quiet or something given so much spin, its laughable.

Unless my son decides (over my dead body  <_< ) to enlist on his own, it will be a cold day in hell before he gets any encouragement from me or his father (a former sergeant in Nat'l Guard who was critically injured on active duty) to join the service.  He knows how we both feel about it and thus far, shares our views.  He also is an only child, which I believe also exempts him from any draft that may occur.

35214[/snapback]

Yes, I know what you are talking about... for years my father said he didn't want me to join the military because of the way the government had been treating disabled veterans and Gulf War veterans. He changed his mind, and to this day, I don't know exactly why he changed his mind. I'm glad he did, even though it meant his son taking a risk of being one of those veterans.

You haven't seen anything until you see a hearind-aid wearing, crutch-using disabled veteran take on the hypocrites that exist, the hypocrites who are extolling the virtues of the military while at the same time screwing veterans who have served. (Don't you DARE mention Kerry or Bush, or any crap like that... this has to do with the government as a whole)

THAT to me is real patriotism.

Complain a lot. Dont offer solutions. Let Europe B word-slap us. Raise taxes.

And James....Tracy was "fighting the good fight" by blaming BUSH for the concept of "pork" being attached to legislation? You just gave a PERFECT examply of why there are few good people who lean left here. Maybe if some lefties came around here who had a clue, they wouldnt all run away and hide all the time.

35562[/snapback]

I don't think all the 'lefties' run away and hide all the time. I think they just get tired of listening to drivel and spin about how great Bush is as a president. If you buy into Bush's rhetoric, that's your problem. Some of us see him for what he is. If he does get four more years, we'll see how much you all support him at the end of the next four years. The rest of us will just shake our heads and wonder why it took four more years for you to see Bush for the idiot that he really is.

I don't think all the 'lefties' run away and hide all the time.  I think they just get tired of listening to drivel and spin about how great Bush is as a president.  If you buy into Bush's rhetoric, that's your problem.  Some of us see him for what he is.  If he does get four more years, we'll see how much you all support him at the end of the next four years.  The rest of us will just shake our heads and wonder why it took four more years for you to see Bush for the idiot that he really is.

35972[/snapback]

A lot of times, it fall under the category of "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

When I do bother to talk to many righties, people agree with all the points I make about what Bush has done to this country, then say they're still voting for him. It boggles the mind! and you shouldn't waste your breath debating about it.

If you can't explain something in six words and without subordinate clauses, the Bush masses won't hear you.

Not that Kerry is the next coming, but he's better than what we've got -- a weak-minded(1) former cocaine addict(2), alcoholic(3), pathological liar(4).

And, AD, I refuse to throw my vote away on a third-party candidate. Two-party system is what we've got until major reform / revolution happens. The first order of business is to get this liar out of office.

(1) By his own admission.

(2) Per his ex-sister-in-law, who's now recanting b/c you don't mess with the Bushes.

(3) This is a matter of record.

(4) Per his Harvard MBA prof. "He showed pathological lying habits and was in denial when challenged on his prejudices and biases. He would even deny saying something he just said 30 seconds ago. He was famous for that. Students jumped on him; I challenged him." When asked to explain a particular comment, said Tsurumi, Bush would respond, "Oh, I never said that."

Thats a nice diatribe.

You DO beleive that Al Gore, Kerry and Ted Kennedy ALL had similar statements aboutthe IRaq situation for YEARS, right? But BUSH is the "liar"?

And in general, if you believe good folks like Ted Kennedy, the Clintons and John Kerry himself are such bastions of truth, do us a favor and no only not vote for a third party candidate....dont vote AT ALL.

Complaining about a politician LYING is like complaining about a politician BREATHING.

And, AD, I refuse to throw my vote away on a third-party candidate. Two-party system is what we've got until major reform / revolution happens. The first order of business is to get this liar out of office.

Your solution is to hire yet another liar who is at least as bad and probably worse. You deserve what you get, regardless of which of these 2 idiots is elected.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Your solution is to hire yet another liar who is at least as bad and probably worse.  You deserve what you get, regardless of which of these 2 idiots is elected.

36442[/snapback]

Once again, you seem to miss the point; we CANNOT CHANGE the system without a revolution, as he noted. Until then, the system FORCES you to vote for one of the two. The only way it doesn't work on Election Day is if no one but the candidates themselves vote, or more people vote third party, and that is NEVER going to happen!

What is the solution then, if we don't vote? Grab the pitchforks? signs? pester Congress, who are ruled by the two party system? form a Continental Congress?

Refusing to vote, or voting for a third party candidate that will lose is no solution!!!

Marilyn vos Savant has the highest ever recorded IQ.  When you start off with one bad fact, even if everything else is right, which it isn't, then you lose.

35586[/snapback]

Actually there's some 12 yr old Japanese-American kid, currently enrolled at the University of Chicago Med School, who has the highest measured IQ in the world at 228.