How big are these next 2 games before bye week?

Takeo_14

A HUGE next two weeks for the Bills. Next week I think is the biggest game of all. I think we can go inot Oakland and beat a bad Raiders team. It will be on the defenses shoulders. The offense should be able to score at will on the Raiders D. New England will be tough no doubt. But, if we can be 4-4 at the bye week that would be a great half way point for us.

A HUGE next two weeks for the Bills. Next week I think is the biggest game of all. I think we can go inot Oakland and beat a bad Raiders team. It will be on the defenses shoulders. The offense should be able to score at will on the Raiders D. New England will be tough no doubt. But, if we can be 4-4 at the bye week that would be a great half way point for us.

477786[/snapback]

I will like our chances especially if Randy Moss cannot play or not play at

full strength....

But of course we have stunk up the Colessium the last few times we were there..

That last year loss left a bad taste in the mouth.....The Henry pass.....Ronald

Curry for 2 TDs.....That loss was as big as the one to Jax or to the Steelers.

Still the D is too leaky....Too soft on Run defense......they need to get that

straightned out...

The other thing will be this will be the first away game for Holcomb....We will

have to see how he handles it...Yesterdays two bad passes could have been

costly for us....but the defense bailed him out.

I feel much better heading out on the road with Holcomb. He clearly showed yesterday that he doesn't rattle easily. As long as the Bills don't go in with too much confidence, they'll be fine.

Yes, this game is very important. But I don't think the Pats game is critical, yet. The Bills could really build on a "morale victory" in Foxboro. Of course, that would make the Pats game in Buffalo very, very important.

It's going to be a real tough game, but the fact is it's by far the most winable road game left on the schedule and if we lose the last 2 weeks are pretty much for naught.

On the plus side, Oakland's homefield is incredibly overrated as I said last week and I don't think Holcomb will be rattled. Seems like he played a lot better away from home when he was in Cleveland, or maybe I'm confusing him with Couch.

No one will take the Bills seriously until they can win a road game. The next two weeks are very important.

I can't get jacked up about home wins over 3 seriously flawed teams like Houston, Miami, and the NY Jets. Houston is the worst team in the NFL, and the other two teams are screwed at QB.

Yeah, these two games are very important.

But so were the Miami and Jet games. I think that if we had lost either one, we didn't have a chance for the playoffs. Now, I think we have a chance.

Over the next two games... if we win one... we are 4-4 at the break, and I think we still have a shot.

If we win two... we are 5-3 and a full game over New England. Playoffs are a VERY REAL possiblity unless we fall flat on our face.

If we lose two... we are 3-5, and we are in major trouble. I think you can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

I see that we have 3 hurdles this year that we must jump over to make the playoffs. The first we jumped over (beating Jet and Miami *we needed both*) the second is before us (Oakland and New England *we need one*) and the final hurdle will be at the end of the season (I'm thinking Cincinnati and Jets).

Let's hope we can beat these Raiders and breathe more easily going into New England.

477786[/snapback]

they are HUGE.

i dont care what Oakland's record is, they are a good team. and Moss is a damn hall of famer. i see them having a big offensive day on us. we have to out score them. (the past 2 games we have taken the first possession down for a TD. that has to continue).

N. England game is big. but i think we only have to beat them once. split the wins with them to have a shot at the division.

of course Teddy will probubly be back for that game... :w00t: but if we continue to do what we have done in the past 2 games, we have a good shot to win.

I can not wait to be at the Oakland game. I have said before that the Bills should beat the Raiders convincingly. However, now that the Raiders are 1-4, they are a very desperate team.

This has all the markings of being a trap game. A game the Bills should win, but could likely lose. Randy Moss or no Randy Moss, my biggest concern is will the Bills be able to stop LaMont Jordan? He has played well in games for the Raiders and will be a big test.

Our blitz scheme should be able to rattle Kerry Collins into throwing some bad passes.

Also the Raiders are not that good against the run, so continue giving Willis the ball, and Holcomb should continue throwing short productive passes.

It would be great if we could finally see the debut of Roscoe Parrish this week.

This is a game the Bills should win, but the Raiders are going to go for broke, which makes this game more important and dangerous.

The Patriots game goes without saying. They, like the Raiders, will also be a desperate team, and the fans in Gillette Stadium will be out in full force cheering on their team to make a statement that their season is'nt over. Even if the Bills lose to the Patriots, it would be best if they did not get blown out. A close loss going into the bye week would not be as demoralizing.

These 2 games before the bye could very well be the defining moment of the season for the Bills. Let's hope it comes out in our favor.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a real tough game, but the fact is it's by far the most winable road game left on the schedule and if we lose the last 2 weeks are pretty much for naught.

On the plus side, Oakland's homefield is incredibly overrated as I said last week and I don't think Holcomb will be rattled.  Seems like he played a lot better away from home when he was in Cleveland, or maybe I'm confusing him with Couch.

477819[/snapback]

I have to disagree the two most winable road games left are miami and the jets.....

Oaklands homefield advantage isn't overrated,,,when's the last time the bills won in oakland.....

I think the paper said this morning it was 1966........Oakland is a desperate team this week. Bills need to get a big early lead,, if not then pray..............Our defense sucks when playing from behind IMO..........