If I had my wish of a Bills savior

RVJ

I heard that he was nasty to employees and kind of an egomaniac back then.

He sure can pick players and build solid teams .

475587[/snapback]

Who Ralph or Polian.

Polian was promoted through the ranks and from within the organization. My understanding his he was a student of the game, and through hard work made it to the top. I never got the impression Polian was either and egmaniac or nasty.

Someone in the Ralphs inner circle accussed Polian of stealing or at least cooking the books

475578[/snapback]

Coulda been, but the NFL is a very small and close-knit group...I think charges like this would get around and other teams would be hesitant...oh wait, we're talking about the Irsays. <_<

Never mind.

Coulda been, but the NFL is a very small and close-knit group...I think charges like this would get around and other teams would be hesitant...oh wait, we're talking about the Irsays.  <_<

Never mind.

475590[/snapback]

Actually he went to Carolina first. And the run-in was directly with the treasurer of the Bills. While noone knows for sure what, the speculation has been something money wise.

Well it had to be because of that Jeff Littmann.  Is he still around ?

In the 90s I use to hear his name often. Now its like he doesn't even exist.

475605[/snapback]

Yeah that's the name. Personally I think the problem was Polian ran a tight ship and suffered no fools. He basically didn't want to deal with some of Ralph cronies and they set him up.

The idea of a "savior" is so silly.

475607[/snapback]

That word was used for Jim kelly several times. And BP is the one that got him here.

Im not the only one thats used the word.

Vic Carucci: He was seen as a savior of the franchise. He ended up being so much more.

Kelly turned the Bills from the league’s laughing stock to a legitimate, upper-echelon team. He brought national and international attention to one of the smallest cities in the NFL. He lifted the profile of the team and everyone around it.

http://www.jimkelly.com/scrapbook/hof_vic.htm

He left Carolina after only a couple of years. The owner - Jerry Richardson, promoted his son, Mark to team President. That ticked Bill off and he left the next season.

I know people he brought to the Panthers organization. Say what you will about him, but he's extremely loyal to friends and co-workers. Demanding as he can be, everyone who worked for him knew Bill had their backs.

You wanta talk about a screwy team, look at Carolina. Like the mafia - don't dis the wacked out family.

That word was used for Jim kelly several times. And BP is the one that got him here.

Im not the only one thats used the word.

Vic Carucci: He was seen as a savior of the franchise. He ended up being so much more.

Kelly turned the Bills from the league’s laughing stock to a legitimate, upper-echelon team. He brought national and international attention to one of the smallest cities in the NFL. He lifted the profile of the team and everyone around it.

http://www.jimkelly.com/scrapbook/hof_vic.htm

475626[/snapback]

Sorry...sitting around and "expecting a miracle" and waiting for a "savior" is not in MY playbook. I prefer to get off my ass and WORK to make things better. I expect the Bills to try and do the same.

Actually he went to Carolina first.  And the run-in was directly with the treasurer of the Bills.  While noone knows for sure what, the speculation has been something money wise.

475591[/snapback]

As far as the money thing goes, I think it was a case of spending to much money. That was the pre cap days....The bills had a huge payroll at the time....

Bill Polian never should have been let go. Period.

For what it is worth, Polian and Ralph must have patched some of their differences up. Polian has been back to Buffalo for Bills events. I don't know whether Ralph would ever hire him back, but Bill Polian does not appear to be persona non grata like Lou Saban and some others.

Sorry...sitting around and "expecting a miracle" and waiting for a "savior" is not in MY playbook. I prefer to get off my ass and WORK to make things better. I expect the Bills to try and do the same.

475644[/snapback]

But you still need the right people in place to accomplish great things.

But you still need the right people in place to accomplish great things.

475767[/snapback]

Yeah now we have marblehead as the HC.

Kevin Gilbride in a Tom Clements look alike costume.

And a local boy Mcnally who doesn't Anthony Munoz to make him look good.

475777[/snapback]

At least when we had Greg Williams you knew the defense would be respectable

because that was his thing. What happened with Mularkey the great offensive coordinator ? You would think he would step in and fix things with Clements.

But he must agree with what he's doing. I thought they did a great job last year mixing some things up and the plays were alot more creative.

What happened to the staff from last year ? Were they replaced ?

475777[/snapback]

Being a great head coach makes players play better and assistant coaches coach

better.

Bill Parcells is about the only one that could make Bledsoe look good.

And he makes Gilbride look good also.

Remember we had the marriage of Gilbride and Bledsoe here and it failed.

Under Parcells its thriving. Good head coach's tell the assistants exactly what they want and are involved in every aspect of their team. When you have a great one

the players play as good as the head coach is . Instead of playing as good as his assitants are.

Being a great head coach makes players play better and assistant coaches coach

better.

Bill Parcells is about the only one that could make Bledsoe look good.

And he makes Gilbride look good also.

Remember we had the marriage of Gilbride and Bledsoe here and it failed.

Under Parcells its thriving. Good head coach's tell the assistants exactly what they want and are involved in every aspect of their team. When you have a great one

the players play as good as the head coach is . Instead of playing as good as his assitants are.

475851[/snapback]

Just to clarify, you do realize Gilbride is with the NY Giants, not with parcells in Dallas? But its close enough anyway since he is working under an old Parcells crony in Coughlin.