just curious

nuklz2594

I have been reading various article regarding LaVarr Arrington. He is healthy and not playing for GW's defense in Washington. Would you take a chance on him? Our lbs aren't getting any younger. How old is Fletcher? How about a lb corp of Arrington, Spikes, Posey, and Fletcher? Not a bad rotation. Hell Arrington is big enough to be a pass rushing DE. I personally prefer the 3-4 defense. I would take a chance on him for anything but a first round pick.

Your thoughts?

I have been reading various article regarding LaVarr Arrington.  He is healthy and not playing for GW's defense in Washington.  Would you take a chance on him?  Our lbs aren't getting any younger.  How old is Fletcher?  How about a lb corp of Arrington, Spikes, Posey, and Fletcher?  Not a bad rotation.  Hell Arrington is big enough to be a pass rushing DE.  I personally prefer the 3-4 defense.  I would take a chance on him for anything but a first round pick.

Your thoughts?

475076[/snapback]

Nope. Coach after coach has declared him as uncoachable. He WILL NOT listen. He plays out of position and coaches want NOTHING to do with him.

I heard last night on SportsCenter that he will not be traded. It would be too big of a hit on the Skins Cap.

They said he is not a player for a disciplined defense. He roams all over. He doesn't stay in his gaps or area of play. This is what made him a star at Penn State. He was always on the ball.

I think it depends on the defense that you want to run. If you want a disciplned defense, you do not want this guy.

Rumor was, Washington wanted to trade him in the offseason, but because of his injury he needed to be able to pass a physical. Since he was rehabing until camp started and really only passed his own teams physical right before regular season, he was untradeable for this year.

So to sum up what Scoot said, his contract issues and his basic willingness to work with the Skins to put him in a different situation to benefit everyone, he is now a leaper.

What he said.

475101[/snapback]

him too.

Arrington was (I think) the first guy drafted under Schneider. Lewis, Schottenheimer - I think they understood that one of the costs to being here was that you had to let Arrington do what he wanted, especially if it made him (and thus Schneider) look good... one can't help but wonder, in hindsight, if that's why Spurrier seemed to make a public show not knowing who was who or what was going on on the defense.

I think that with the untouchability of Gibbs, together with experience, weariness, call it what you will on the part of Schneider, that's all changed. If the guy won't be coached, they won't play him.

I have been reading various article regarding LaVarr Arrington.  He is healthy and not playing for GW's defense in Washington.  Would you take a chance on him?  Our lbs aren't getting any younger.  How old is Fletcher?  How about a lb corp of Arrington, Spikes, Posey, and Fletcher?  Not a bad rotation.  Hell Arrington is big enough to be a pass rushing DE.  I personally prefer the 3-4 defense.  I would take a chance on him for anything but a first round pick.

Your thoughts?

475076[/snapback]

i don't think his knee (sans cartilage) will hold up for a full season anymore......

So to sum up what Scoot said, his contract issues and his basic willingness to work with the Skins to put him in a different situation to benefit everyone, he is now a leaper.

475105[/snapback]

What, you think he's going to jump off a bridge?