NFL Trading Deadline is October 18th

bluenews

with Roscoe Parrish getting close to returning should the Bills try to trade Josh Reed?

473145[/snapback]

This was a good idea for an interesting thread.

I say that IF they can sign him long term (he is a ufa after this season), how about a 2nd and a 3rd to Seattle for Steve Hutchinson?

Hey, a fan can dream, no? :doh:

Frankly, who would WE trade??? Other than 2006 draft picks. I guess Josh Reed or Sam Aiken, but both those guys are in their contract year right now. They become UFA at the end of the season.

Yea, we can use some interior o-linemen, Villarriel is hurt A LOT and Fat Bennie can't pass block, or run block for that matter. Next year, Preston will be taking Teague's place.

Mike Williams may be trade bait if he can at least play in a game, but what teams would want to pay his salary??? I don't see tons of change with him or Jerman in there. I'm not sold on Williams as a long term anything. Frankly, his legs can't hold up all his weight especially at either tackle position. He has had leg injuries his entire career. McNally wanted him at guard, and with his weight, that is about the only place he could play, inside.

I think Gandy is hurt too. Elbow injury???

We could use a DT too, by the looks of things. I like Tim Anderson, but he hasn't gotten much actual game time. Edwards is in his contract year right now and he hasn't shown any consistancy.

It's also looking like we could use a pass catching TE. Does anyone know when the 3 rd rounder from Miami, Everrett is supposed to be healthy???? For that matter, does anyone know when Euhus will be ready???? Both these guys seem to be injury prone.

Crowell is doing pretty darned good considering he is replacing Teko Spikes who isn't easily replaced.

Lots of needs, little trade bait!

473203[/snapback]

Agreed!!

And this is supposed to be the deepest team we have had under Donahoe!!

Oh well...maybe in the next five years of Donahoe's reign of terror we will have a deeper roster!! (and possibly a visit to the playoffs)

Yeah...I know... even mentioning making the playoffs is asking too much.

Agreed!!

And this is the supposed deepest team we have had under Donahoe!!

Oh well...maybe in the next five years of Donahoe's reign of terror we will have a deeper roster!! (and possibly a visit to the playoffs)

Yeah...I know... even mentioning  making the playoffs is asking too much.

473234[/snapback]

See this thread started by Kelso's Helmet and tell me how deep the Balls still are.

Injury-riddled

Donahoe's a terrible GM. Any quality GM would have built a team that has three-deep starter quality at every position. The Balls shouldn't be suffering from these injuries. And don't give me crap excuses using "facts" like the existence of a limited 53-man roster, a salary cap, and limited pool of top-caliber talent due to 31 other teams competing for players. Donahoe clearly sucks. :doh:

Let the trolling begin. I'm ready to be entertained during this upcoming boring afternoon at work. ;)

This was a good idea for an interesting thread.

I say that IF they can sign him long term (he is a ufa after this season), how about a 2nd and a 3rd to Seattle for Steve Hutchinson?

Hey, a fan can dream, no?  :doh:

473147[/snapback]

No team in the NFL is going to trade away a bonifide starter on the OL regardless of the contract status.

I think we all know that there will be no trades. Zero. Zip. Nadda.

473318[/snapback]

I'd say that's more a function of free agency than a lack of initiative at OBD. Unlike hockey, I can only remember a couple of trades league-wide at or near the deadline in recent years.

Why should the Bills trade for anybody when they can find the star of the future at their own Combine?

473405[/snapback]

That looks cool. I wish I was about 15 pounds and 15 years lighter, I'd go for it.

Maybe we need to get a Waller in there and follow his progress. :doh: