Its like Flutie and Johnson all over again

this is NOTHING like flutie/RJ. it's worse. flutie had proven to be a winner, and RJ had at least played some good games. the bills were a playoff team.

in this case, neither holcomb nor JP have proven anything. the bills aren't sniffing the playoffs this year. why interrupt JP's maturation process now? mularkey is panicking, and it sucks.

exactly WHO will be helped by the bills struggling to a 7-9 or 8-8 record behind holcomb? i'd much rather see a 4-12 or 5-11 season in which we see what JP has by december.

this is NOTHING like flutie/RJ.  it's worse.  flutie had proven to be a winner, and RJ had at least played some good games.  the bills were a playoff team.

in this case, neither holcomb nor JP have proven anything.  the bills aren't sniffing the playoffs this year.  why interrupt JP's maturation process now?  mularkey is panicking, and it sucks.

exactly WHO will be helped by the bills struggling to a 7-9 or 8-8 record behind holcomb?  i'd much rather see a 4-12 or 5-11 season in which we see what JP has by december.

468619[/snapback]

yep. all true.

so angry right now

Top of the mornin' to ya Guv!

Maybe this is as bad as it's going to get.

Well, we can hope can't we?

This move of desperation will either work in one of two ways or it will be an unmitigated disaster.

1.) KH could do well enough to lead the team at home to victories over two AFC East opponents and we'll end up in 1st place in two weeks.

If that's the caseJP won't see the inside of the huddle until we're out of the playoff hunt and 2006 will be a replay of 2005 JP having gained no meaningful game experience - just like last year - holding a clipboard on the sidelines and attending team meetings.

2.) We could get a split of the two games and be tied for 2nd or 3rd in the AFC East.

KH will get to start up until the bye week. JP continues to work on his tan.

3.) If the fearsome KH led Bills drop both games at home to their arch rivals, the wheels will have offically come off the season. JP will start the following week and then continue his painful progression. TD will require MM to fire TC at the end of the season.

JMHO

If JP were an accurate passer like either Flutie or Rob, this wouldn't be an issue.

I had an open mind about him, but no more. The fella is a bust ...

Even when he's protected well he can't hit our receivers ..

He has no accuracy whatsoever.

sometimes when you make a bad business decision, (Donahue drafting JP), you have to just acknowledge that the pick is a bust and move on, rather than keep hoping he's gonna get good all of a sudden ...

the way I look at it, is JP is so bad at hitting his targets, he could very easily have thrown even more interceptions this season than he already his ..

Hate to say it y'all, but this guy (JP) is NOT an NFL QB ...

:doh:

If JP were an accurate passer like either Flutie or Rob, this wouldn't be an issue.

I had an open mind about him, but no more.  The fella is a bust ...

sometimes when you make a bad business decision, (Donahue drafting JP), you have to just acknowledge that the pick is a bust and move on, rather than keep hoping he's gonna get good all of a sudden ...

the way I look at it, is JP is so bad at hitting his targets, he could very easily have thrown even more interceptions this season than he already his ..

468657[/snapback]

You've decided all that after 3 games? When JP has a worse OL than Bledsoe had last year?

Manning went 3-13 in his first year. They should have given up on that bust.

You've decided all that after 3 games? When JP has a worse OL than Bledsoe had last year?

Manning went 3-13 in his first year.  They should have given up on that bust.

468662[/snapback]

Our OL is worse this year????

Dude - we started Lawrence Smith last year........... :doh:

468662[/snapback]

We AREN'T the Colts ...

For your information, this was an excellent football team last year, even upon the conclusion of the season.

Forget the finale vs Pittsburgh, these BILLS were beating teams decisively both home & away ...

11 | St. Louis Rams | W | 37-17 |

| 12 | at Seattle Seahawks | W | 38- 9 |

| 13 | at Miami Dolphins | W | 42-32 |

| 14 | Cleveland Browns | W | 37- 7 |

| 15 | at Cincinnati Bengals | W | 33-17 |

| 16 | at San Francisco 49ers | W | 41- 7

we dropped Bledsoe for JP, and regressed like I've never seen, and so very quickly

This dood is not an NFL quarterback ... no pass rush and he still can't hit his receivers

No accuracy ... No nothing ... Sorry guyz, i'm just being honest

468662[/snapback]

Worse OL, what are you talking about. We upgraded Smith with Anderson. While Bennie makes a few stupid penalties he is a pro bowler compared to Smith.

Jennings vs. Grady. grady actually has looked pretty good. Granted he is always being supported by the TE, and hence takes the TE out of routes, but he hasn't been beat.

Jennings was a huge disappointment in the running game and average in passing downs. Well guess what, we are supposed to be a run oriented offense, and in that case we have actually upgraded our line.

The big problem is, they are not being coached well. Clements and Mcnally either are not on the same page or they both suck. My guess is the later, and home town boy or not Mcnally has done nothing with the #4 overall draft pick, a solid RG, a center from one of the best rushing teams consistently in the NFL, a starting LG from one of the premier rushing teams in the NFL. Gandy was the big question and probably the only one exceeding expectations,

Guest BackInDaDay
Mularky and co suck. I'm not a happy man right now.

468613[/snapback]

No Nick, this is worse.

This isn't a player problem. This is a management problem.

The '2005 plan' devised and executed throughout the off-season, pre-season, and the first quarter of regular season was to take advantage of our steller ST units and ball-hawking D to setup our developing QB in as many 'short-field' situations as possible. Why?

All levels of football coaches relish this scenario because it places an inherent strain on the opponent's D. An opponent taking possession of the ball in your end can run their low-risk stuff at you and still be effective. Every play is designed to break for a score. If executed properly against the right defense, even the most conservative ones can get you in the end-zone. With their backs to the wall, most D coaches will not stunt and blitz as much because they don't want to create the afore-mentioned 'right defense'. They'll play it closer to the vest. In the NFL it's easier to get one of your fastest guys running free from midfield than it is in the red-zone. A condensed, conservative D will concede the FG, after their RB fumbles on their own 30, before commiting a high risk maneuver that may give up the TD.

Now the coaches know what JP Losman is capable of doing. They've taken him through many, many hours of individual training - mental and physical - to prepare him to play. The running game along with some executable pass plays should have been enough to capture some first downs while waiting for the STs and D to strike.

I get it. It's a sound plan. We shouldn't have to ask too much from the kid to win.

Now the coaching staff had to realise that any opponent would know that the key to beating us was to manage our O by taking away any big runs by Willis (outside), taking away our two best receiving threats (outside), and contain JP's rollouts (outside). If he can correctly read my coverage schemes and recognize my blitz packages, God bless him, but I'm gonna make life hard on him. Offensively, I drill it into my players' heads to take care of the ball. Do not turn it over. I ask my ST coverage units to focus and contain those return men.

There's the gameplan we face each week.

The Bills will tell us the decision to retard our young QB was based on his inability to get up to speed. They'll tell us it was a unanimous decision - owner, GM and coaches. I wonder. I've yet to meet a coach that will give up an opportunity to correct a situation within their powers to correct. That's what any coach lives for - the challenge! I have a hard time believing that coaches Mularkey and Clements have surrendered this challenge of their own accord. It may not have been until week 8, with the season looking almost lost, that they found something that fit their personnel just right, and took the opponents out the gameplan described above. But you know what, I bet they would have found it (please - no 'run the damn ball' responses - it includes that, but it's so much more).

No, for whatever their reasons - the least of which is winning football games - the owner and the GM are pulling these strings. They set the coaches up to fail. This lack of patience points to some short-term reward that they seek. I'm sure the coaches felt they had more than 4 regular season games with this team before being told what players should play.

Old friends or not, Sam Wyche may tell Mularkey that this isn't what he signed up for, and quit. Why can't we get a quote outa Sam? TD loved pushing him in front of the reporters all summer and pre-season. I'd love to hear what he thinks. He's been around too long to put up with TD's BS.

Mularky and co suck. I'm not a happy man right now.

468613[/snapback]

I understand your frusturation. But I don't think this is like RJ and Flutie. That situation was tough to deal with. This one, I don't think there is an controversy. I just think that MM wants to go with someone who wants to win right now so he doesn't lose his job.

I had an open mind about him, but no more.  The fella is a bust ...

468657[/snapback]

Totally disagree. He needs to settle down and have better pass protection. He has a arm and can run.

Totally disagree. He needs to settle down and have better pass protection. He has a arm and can run.

468811[/snapback]

If this guy can get some help from the line that will give him more time to read the "D"...and then finally freakin hit Moulds in the EndZone...