Mularkey = RJ

Negative Joe = RJ , too.

467934[/snapback]

I'm starting to suspect that you've got a little crush on me, Louie.

Me, negative? Hardly. I was willing to give JP the whole season, fully expecting ups and downs.

I KNOW what Holcomb's capable of. And I think every single one of you mullets are going to know what he can do after this week, too.

Just curious, what will your reaction be if Holcomb lights it up and the Bills destroy the 'Phins on Sunday?

467928[/snapback]

My reaction will be "JP should have started". I am disgusted with his 70 yard performances, but what does starting Holcomb do? WHAT?

Instead of blaming the QB, i think Mularkey should have taken a look in the mirror for who to blame... If he would just frigging RUN THE BALL, we wouldn't look half as bad.

If he is avoiding the run in order to give Losman snaps, then WHY does he go and pull him in the 4th quarter? Makes no sense. McGahee had 11 (ELEVEN!!!) carries after the first drive last week.

Believe me, MM<RJ.

I KNOW what Holcomb's capable of. And I think every single one of you mullets are going to know what he can do after this week, too.

467938[/snapback]

Since you "KNOW..."

-Is Holcomb capable of passing for more than 100 yards on Sunday?

-Does he have the skillset to achieve a 50% completion percentage?

-Will his QB rating be above 56?

I'm really curious because thus far Losman seems unable to complete 50% of his passes, throw for over 100 yards per game, or achieve a better rating than 55.9.

I'm still trying to figure out why people have a problem with Losman being benched against Miami this week. I keep reading threads to see if I can find a coherent reason, but looking above, below, and around the boringly predictable Mularkey=RJ threads by the same boringly predictable people, I've yet to see a concrete reason why JP should start. He certainly hasn't earned it. In fact, it's his play that has mercifully earned him a spot on the bench this Sunday.

Since you "KNOW..."   

-Is Holcomb capable of passing for more than 100 yards on Sunday? 

-Does he have the skillset to achieve a 50% completion percentage? 

-Will his QB rating be above 56?

I'm really curious because thus far Losman seems unable to complete 50% of his passes, throw for over 100 yards per game, or achieve a better rating than 55.9.

I'm still trying to figure out why people have a problem with Losman being benched against Miami this week.  I keep reading threads to see if I can find a coherent reason, but looking above, below, and around the boringly predictable Mularkey=RJ threads by the same boringly predictable people, I've yet to see a concrete reason why JP should start.  He certainly hasn't earned it.  In fact, it's his play that has mercifully earned him a spot on the bench this Sunday.

468000[/snapback]

He's a first year starter...of course he's going to struggle. But bear in mind that he has ZERO chance to improve on the bench, despite what you say.

Kelly Holcomb is a known quantity, and what's known is he just doesn't cut the mustard long-term.

Are you capable of long-term thinking?

My reaction will be "JP should have started".
I guess that's where we differ then. I'd just be excited to get the win.

I am disgusted with his 70 yard performances, but what does starting Holcomb do? WHAT? 
It provides the Bills with a quarterback that has demonstrated an ability to get the job done at the NFL level, something that Losman, outside of a decent if unspectacular half against Houston, has demonstrated he's unable to so. And for the sake of clarification, by "job done" I mean complete more than 50% of his passes, throw for 100 yards, and grade out higher than a 65 rating.

Instead of blaming the QB, i think Mularkey should have taken a look in the mirror for who to blame...  If he would just frigging RUN THE BALL, we wouldn't look half as bad.
Only 6 more players in the NFL have carried the ball more than Willis. He's getting his opportunities, but when your QB is unable to stretch the D by completing a pass every now and then, it makes the ground game much tougher.

If he is avoiding the run in order to give Losman snaps, then WHY does he go and pull him in the 4th quarter? Makes no sense. McGahee had 11 (ELEVEN!!!) carries after the first drive last week.
Losman was pulled to see if they could get a spark. Mularkey's said that each time he's pulled JP. They called passes in the hopes that Losman might actually COMPLETE one. If you were the Saints' DC, wouldn't you focus on the run and dare your opponent's wildly inacurate QB to make a play? Myself, I'd go with man-on-man coverage against Buffalo's receivers and stuff 9 guys in the box with orders to stop the run too. Losman can't complete enough passes to move the offense. When he can, the DBs will play off and the run game can be even more effective.

Believe me, MM<RJ.

Believe you? :unsure: The chemo make me tired, not stoopid. :huh:

Just a couple of other points stoj: Mularkey doesn't call the plays, Clements does. In a conversion I had with Marv Levy a few years ago, he commented on how misguided we fans can be when we question play calls. What he explained was that the calls don't have any more to do with your team than they do with your opponents' playcalling tendencies in specific down, distance, and field position (north/south and east/west) situations. Who has how many carries, or how many receiving yards, or any of that other stuff, is completely ignored by coaches according to Marv. That's one of the reasons why it's very rare you'll ever hear me be critical of playcalling (schemes maybe, but not the called plays. I just don't have access to the same kind of information that the guys who do it for a living have.

He's a first year starter...of course he's going to struggle. But bear in mind that he has ZERO chance to improve on the bench, despite what you say.
Perhaps you should let Brett Favre and Tom Brady in on that.

Kelly Holcomb is a known quantity, and what's known is he just doesn't cut the mustard long-term.
As far as I can tell, nobody is claiming that Holcomb is a long-term answer.

Are you capable of long-term thinking?

468007[/snapback]

I am, which ironically enough, only points to the sheer absurdity of your position. Is it beyond the scope of reason to think that sitting one game won't destroy JP? Can he not still learn subtle nuances of the position (that have evidently escaped him thus far) that will benefit him in the long-term without having the obligations of press conferences, media conference calls, and learning a game plan?

Do you really believe that by sitting out one game, or even several games for that matter, that JP's long-term development will suffer? If so, then he clearly never was the answer.

Since you're slinging around pithy little statements, perhaps I should point out what your post made painfully obvious. It is you who seems incapable of long-term thinking. There's simply no acceptable reason to sacrifice today in the hopes that something might workout tomorrow.

And again, why shouldn't Losman be benched? Anyone..?

Losman shouldn't be benched because he's not solely responsible for his stats and our loses. If you bench Losman for poor performance, then bench half the team. We'll be playing all back ups and practice squad players but at least you'll be putting the blame where it should be.

Yes, the play calling is partly to blame. The Saints even said the Bills offense was predictable. So, I can be upset about the coaches and the play calling.

JP looked pretty good on the first drive last week. But then we got away from the formula on that drive (run first, pass second) and look how it ended up. I've actually seen sparks in JP. Of course, the stats don't always bear that out. So I guess it doesn't matter because we all know how important stats are.