Recipe book notes

Terry Tate

I added a Korean BBQ beef (flank steak) recipe - not an authentic Korean dish, but pretty darn close (the marinade is pretty much spot on), while still mild enough for the kids to eat. If anyone else likes it, I'll take the time to add some authentic recipes (sorry, no dog - we've never tried it).

Tried BiB's wing recipe - pretty damn good. I like the sauce the way it is, but I'd like to know how to make it hotter for the wife without ruining it.

Also tried BiB's low country boil, which was outstanding also. If you can boil water, you can make it - hardest part is not overcooking the shrimp at the end. Might want to use a 16qt pot - I made do with a 12qt pot by leaving out a couple of the ears of corn.

I added a Korean BBQ beef (flank steak) recipe - not an authentic Korean dish, but pretty darn close (the marinade is pretty much spot on), while still mild enough for the kids to eat. If anyone else likes it, I'll take the time to add some authentic recipes (sorry, no dog - we've never tried it).

Tried BiB's wing recipe - pretty damn good. I like the sauce the way it is, but I'd like to know how to make it hotter for the wife without ruining it.

Also tried BiB's low country boil, which was outstanding also. If you can boil water, you can make it - hardest part is not overcooking the shrimp at the end. Might want to use a 16qt pot - I made do with a 12qt pot by leaving out a couple of the ears of corn.

466160[/snapback]

Bulgogi?

Thanks for the endorsement. I'm really glad someone tried the boil. I love that stuff. Heating the wings up probably just involves adding a hotter hot sauce.

466160[/snapback]

I looked at the boil this weekend - sounds great, and I want to try it one of these days.

Your Korean BBQ looks good too! I'll have to talk my wife into making it (I can't cook...)

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook

CW

I looked at the boil this weekend - sounds great, and I want to try it one of these days.

Your Korean BBQ looks good too!  I'll have to talk my wife into making it (I can't cook...)

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/cookbook

CW

466171[/snapback]

Ditto on the BBQ recipe. I like the idea of the touch of honey.

466160[/snapback]

Looks good. I will have to try it. You can also post the authentic Korean recipies.

Kam-sa-ham-ni-da.

Kimchi and Soju. Ahhh...the nightmares are coming back now.

466295[/snapback]

You should have been around for the green frog label. Never was really sure whether to shake it up to distribute the formaldehyde, or let it settle to the bottom and just not drink the last inch.

I added a Korean BBQ beef (flank steak) recipe

466160[/snapback]

Flank steak you say?

I got a great meat dish you guys ought to try for your barbecue.

It's really easy to prepare.

Here's what you do.

You go over to your grocery store

- Pick yourself up some cow tongue

- and some nice bacon

- then pick yourself up some lovely lovely freshly cut flank steak.

It's my own recipe friends.

I call it 'LICK MY GREASY ASS!'"

Flank steak you say?

I got a great meat dish you guys ought to try for your barbecue.

It's really easy to prepare.

Here's what you do.

You go over to your grocery store

- Pick yourself up some cow tongue

- and some nice bacon

- then pick yourself up some lovely lovely freshly cut flank steak.

It's my own recipe friends.

I call it 'LICK MY GREASY ASS!'"

466360[/snapback]

Yeah, like I'm going to find cow tongue at the grocery store.

My grocery store has it. Not that I have actually purchased any of it, but I know it is there.

466379[/snapback]

Makes great thinly sliced smoked sammich meat. Does well in stew, too. Along with heart.

Y'all ain't butchered too many cows, have ya?

Makes great thinly sliced smoked sammich meat. Does well in stew, too. Along with heart.

I will take your word for it. I have had tripe. It was one of the options at a Korean BBQ place we visited on my second trip there.

466381[/snapback]

Can't say that I have.

I will take your word for it. I have had tripe. It was one of the options at a Korean BBQ place we visited on my second trip there.

Can't say that I have.

466398[/snapback]

I went to a Korean country wedding one time. A lady friend of mine (no, an actual friend - don't go gutter, folks). She was gracious enough to invite me, I was the only round eye there. The ladies spent 3 days preparing the food. Honestly, truly awesome. Also a very memorable experience. Lots of insight into cultures, something we Americans don't do very well.

466381[/snapback]

I've had it 'pickled' before at a Basque restaurant. Not too bad once you get past the taste buds.

You obviously don't have a Wegman's near you. I hear they let you actually go into the back and slaughter your own cow.

466437[/snapback]

No, at Wegmans you can have a 16 year old cheerleader in a bikini slaughter it for you.

So I've heard.

466381[/snapback]

Circumcise the anus and carefully remove the anal glands and take that 'lil 2-inch knife and detach the bowels, and life is good. Save the brains to tan the hide, hog out the marrow for soup, and let the bones dry out in the sun then smash 'em up to get back some calcium in your soil. :blink: