I myself am not ready to just concede this season

sucking?

I personally think JPL is going to still be a great QB for us....I just concede that we pushed it along a little too fast.....

BUT

I still think it was Drew Bledsoe's time to move on....I ALSO think we went out and got a better QB then Drew Bledsoe when we got Kelly Holcomb

And I dont want to see this team take a losing season when we can win with Holcomb.....

I know people are going to say that Kelly hasn't looked much better....but I disagree. To me he looks much more comfortable...and we are not putting him in the game with enough time to make a difference.....

If JPL isn't getting done by halftime....time to pull the hook.

sucking?

I personally think JPL is going to still be a great QB for us....I just concede that we pushed it along a little too fast.....

BUT

I still think it was Drew Bledsoe's time to move on....I ALSO think we went out and got a better QB then Drew Bledsoe when we got Kelly Holcomb

And I dont want to see this team take a losing season when we can win with Holcomb.....

I know people are going to say that Kelly hasn't looked much better....but I disagree.  To me he looks much more comfortable...and we are not putting him in the game with enough time to make a difference.....

If JPL isn't getting done by halftime....time to pull the hook.

463964[/snapback]

They need to let JP play to see what they have in him...it's a top 5 pick for us this year....

I'll agree on one count: I'm not ready to bag the season at 1-3.

John, I think we need to stick with Losman--I'm cutting him slack through 8 games. If things aren't clicking by then, then there should be concern.

I actually like what MM is doing--if Losman is stinking and we have a fighting chance, he's throwing Holcolmb in the second half. I think that's fine--but I think you've got to keep Losman the starter if you want to see him develop.

I'm confident we turn things around--the staff has been put on notice by the fans and media: run the ball!!

I say keep JP in the game & let him keep learning... it's only fair, look at all the games Bledsoe single-handedly lost for us these past few years, did he ever get pulled when the game was still within reach? NO, he did not.

IMHO ..... if JP even starts next week it's too late for Holcomb. I'm not saying that I WANT JP to fail ..... what I'm saying is that he's just not cutting it NOW. I don't know if Holcomb can do better .... or will do worse, but before the season gets out of hand we need to give him a chance ...... a REAL chance, meaning taking the snaps with the first string in practice this week, and starting the game Sunday.

In my opinion once we amass six losses the season becomes meaningless as far as playoff possibilities etc (I know we may not be mathmatically eliminated when we reach six losses .... but that is where I'd draw my line) so once we "earn our sixth loss, then we can hand the keys back to JP and play for "experiance".