Rest Of NFL After 4 Weeks

Mark VI

Forget the Bills and their 300 issues for a minute. Who looks good 4 weeks in ?

I'm impressed with the Bengals and believe they will keep it going. Palmer is playing excellent. Johnson is a solid RB and 2 good WR's to boot. OL is solid. Good Defense completes the formula. I do believe they are passing the Steelers in their division.

Indy has a real Defense ? If so, they are going to be tough to beat. Still, I'll believe it when they win some big road games in November and December.

The Jags and Chargers are both 2-2 but I see them both in the post season. Their talent is too good. Chargers made a huge statement this weekend.

The Pats will gut out 10 wins but they are ripe to be beat in the playoffs this year.

Bengals,Steelers,Indy,Pats,Jags,Chargers make playoffs. Not buying into Denver.

In the NFC, I see the Eagles and Bucs as the class of the conference. Eagles scoring 31 unanswered points in Arrowhead is all I need to see. Atlanta still has to prove it with some road wins in November and December. Will their D be up to it ? Could the NY Giants be taking a very real step forward. Eli Manning looks locked in but their D can be inconsistent. The rest of the conference looks weak. I'm not buying the Redskins...yet. 2 NFC playoff teams will be 8-8.

Who intrigues you ? Leave the Bills out of this thread.

Well, to be honest, the Fish have impressed me. I expected them to get 2 wins all season, and here they have beaten Carolina and Denver. Cant say I see them keeping that up, but thus far it has been impressive.

Redskins...BLAH. Yes they are 3-0, but they cant score to save their lives.

Colts obviously. Everyone knows the killer Offense they have, now put even an average defense aronud them...look out.

Cincinnatti...look for the kids to have a GREAT season...

Cleveland looks better than I thought they would. Not going to the playoffs (or anywhere close), but I thought they would be MUCH worse than they are. (Same goes for San Fran)

And Green Bay suprises me. Not for how well they are doing, but for how awful they are doing. Same with Arizona. I really thought they would be good this year.

I think most of the teams everyone's in love with so far is a fraud. Cincy is last year's Seattle IMO. Remember when everyone was raving about the Seahawks defense getting turnovers last September? Then they started to suck when they stopped getting turnovers. They've also played nobody.

Indy's D has yet to play a decent offense, which is not to say they don't get home field this year play in the SB; just look at their schedule.

Tough to buy into Denver as long as Jake Plummer is there, but 13 pt win in Jacksonville is impressive.

Giants lead the league in "# of crappy teams played in their stadium" - which is 3 if you're scoring at home, and their defense isn't that good.

I'm impressed with the Bengals and believe they will keep it going. Palmer is playing excellent. Johnson is a solid RB and 2 good WR's to boot. OL is solid. Good Defense completes the formula. I do believe they are passing the Steelers in their division.

Indy has a real Defense ?  If so, they are going to be tough to beat. Still, I'll believe it when they win some big road games in November and December.

The Jags and Chargers are both 2-2 but I see them both in the post season. Their talent is too good. Chargers made a huge statement this weekend.

The Pats will gut out 10 wins but they are ripe to be beat in the playoffs this year.

Bengals,Steelers,Indy,Pats,Jags,Chargers make playoffs.  Not buying into Denver.

In the NFC, I see the Eagles and Bucs as the class of the conference. Eagles scoring 31 unanswered points in Arrowhead is all I need to see.  Atlanta still has to prove it with some road wins in November and December. Will their D be up to it ? Could the NY Giants be taking a very real step forward. Eli Manning looks locked in but their D can be inconsistent. The rest of the conference looks weak. I'm not buying the Redskins...yet.  2 NFC playoff teams will be 8-8.

Who intrigues you ?  Leave the Bills out of this thread.

463869[/snapback]

---------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Picks At This Point In The Season|

------

AFC|

------

East - Pats - "Wez still gonna beat the Dolfinz"

North - Cincinnati - "Da Bungles are lookin like da old Bungles"

South - Indianapolis - "OMG WE GOT A DEFENSE"

West - San Diego - "Wait, Jim Harbaugh isn't our QB?"

WC #1 - Pittsburgh - "Tom Donahoe wishes he was still here"

WC #2 - Kansas City - "Thank God we beat Denver that 2nd game"

Just missed due to tiebreaker: Denver Broncos

------

NFC|

------

East - Eagles - "T.O. still hates us"

North - Bears - "Holy Crap, how did we make the playoffs?"

South - Bucs - "Who needs a running back when you've got a Cadillac?" (yes, Buc fans are that dumb to not realize that the Cadillac IS a RB)

West - Seattle - "I can't believe we didn't lose to the Rams again"

WC #1 - Atlanta - "Damn we wasted a good team by getting Vick"

WC #2 - Washington - "Thank God 8-8 teams make the playoffs in the NFC"

Just missed due to tiebreaker: Giants, Rams

Playoff Picks At This Point In The Season|

463887[/snapback]

Jeez I hope you're not this premature with your wife. :blink:

That is if you're married.

And if he isnt married...what does he care!

463901[/snapback]

Hell I'd rather be premature with my wife she'll be there the next night. But some hottie I just met at the bar, that could be my only chance to impress. And that's one thing that does not impress the ladies.

Cincy's played The Browns/Vikings/Bears/Texans. Yes Carson Palmer is great, and will be for quite some time, yes their offense is good, but no I'm not overly impressed. Beat pitt then we'll talk. Like bufforange said they remind me of last years seattle as well, we'll see when they start playing some division games. It's Still pitts division imo.

Indy is exactaly what I expected them to be a young very fast improving defense. There defense wasn't their problem in the playoffs last season. Unless it's the defenses fault they only scored 3 points against the pats. Awesome dline, iffy lb's and a young but decent secondary that should improve. Bob Sanders is what antoine winfield would be if he played safety. He can bring the hurt. Is there anyone that can block dwight freeney?

The Broncos. I thought they were gonna suck this year, Bringing in the browns dline, and I thought their string of rb's would run out. Mike Anderson is resurfacing this year, and it looks like tatum bell is slowly coming around. I still don't think they're anything to write home about, but destroying the chiefs and then the jags @ jacksonville, color me impressed.

Tampa Bay without a doubt. Caddy is running on all cylinders, and their defense looks great, but they can't be running caddy 30 times a game all season long and expect him to keep up his torrid pace, he's already experiencing minor injuries after just 3 games. As the season progresses more of a split has to be made between Caddy and Pittman, if they want to keep caddy fresh for the playoffs.

That's pretty much it. The NFC right now looks like it'll come down to philly/tampa. I have to give the edge to tampa, due to the fact I think mcnabb is gonna hurt his team when it counts due to his sports hernia. It'll get progressivly worse throughout the season.

The AFC imo is still a wide open race. You can't count out Ne but it looks like indy's year so far. Pitt will be there, we'll see about cincy, denver etc.

Indy has a real Defense ?  If so, they are going to be tough to beat. Still, I'll believe it when they win some big road games in November and December.

Bengals,Steelers,Indy,Pats,Jags,Chargers make playoffs.  Not buying into Denver.

In the NFC, I see the Eagles and Bucs as the class of the conference. Eagles scoring 31 unanswered points in Arrowhead is all I need to see.  Atlanta still has to prove it with some road wins in November and December. Will their D be up to it ? Could the NY Giants be taking a very real step forward. Eli Manning looks locked in but their D can be inconsistent. The rest of the conference looks weak. I'm not buying the Redskins...yet.  2 NFC playoff teams will be 8-8.

Who intrigues you ?  Leave the Bills out of this thread.

463869[/snapback]

I really like San Diego. They have a brutal schedule though. I really do think they have the only team that will be able to match up with the Colts, should Indy get homefield advantage this season.

TD's biggest mistake to date is his failure to hire Marvin Lewis when he had the chance.  Cincy's success has not surprised me one bit and I hope they go deep in the playoffs this year.

463933[/snapback]

Is it fair to say it was his failure or did Lewis play a part in that?

How can you not be impressed with Miami? They were predicted to be at the bottom and they are already half way to the 4 win season they were predicted to have.

The Colts will be scary if their defense is for real.

How about the Giants? There was a lot of TC bad-mouthing on here, yet his team is ready to play and kicking ass.

Is it fair to say it was his failure or did Lewis play a part in that?

463936[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure he was still hungover from the Super Bowl. TD could have at least given him a day or two more to recover, but I guess he knows best. And if it was a money issue, then that just blows.

And if he isnt married...what does he care!

463901[/snapback]

Hell I'd rather be premature with my wife she'll be there the next night.  But some hottie I just met at the bar, that could be my only chance to impress.  And that's one thing that does not impress the ladies.

463902[/snapback]

Hah.

I have a girlfriend of a year now. :blink:

Yeah, I'm sure he was still hungover from the Super Bowl.  TD could have at least given him a day or two more to recover, but I guess he knows best.  And if it was a money issue, then that just blows.

463949[/snapback]

There was a lot of FUD being spread during that time. My take is that Lewis didn't think he had to prepare because he was a shoe in. It's hard to look at someone who doesn't prepare and compare him to GW who was overprepared and choose Marvin.