The Teague experiment at center

1billsfan

The guy is a QB killer. I looked at the depth chart of the Bills and we do not have a backup at center. Nice going TD. Move Teague to LT or bench him I don't care but he needs to no longer be our center. He wiffs more than Sammy Sosa. Also, please get Jason Peters on the offensive line. This guy has shown promise and the Bills need serious help here. This line is the worst bunch of pass blockers I've ever seen. Did anyone notice the length of time that Brooks was getting???? He could have signed autographs back there waiting for a receiver to get open. The difference in pass blocking between these two teams was absolutely shocking. It's time Malarkey made some major changes to this O line. Do something because I'm tired of watching a prison break every time we drop back to pass the ball.

The guy is a QB killer. I looked at the depth chart of the Bills and we do not have a backup at center. Nice going TD. Move Teague to LT or bench him I don't care but he needs to no longer be our center. He wiffs more than Sammy Sosa. Also, please get Jason Peters on the offensive line. This guy has shown promise and the Bills need serious help here. This line is the worst bunch of pass blockers I've ever seen. Did anyone notice the length of time that Brooks was getting???? He could have signed autographs back there waiting for a receiver to get open. The difference in pass blocking between these two teams was absolutely shocking. It's time Malarkey made some major changes to this O line. Do something because I'm tired of watching a prison break every time we drop back to pass the ball.

462667[/snapback]

Well said. Perhaps it is time to see Preston at center. Chances are that he will be there next season in any event.

As for Peters, I couldn't agree more. The Bills need to find out this season whether or not the kid can play LT.

Well said. Perhaps it is time to see Preston at center. Chances are that he will be there next season in any event.

As for Peters, I couldn't agree more. The Bills need to find out this season whether or not the kid can play LT.

462676[/snapback]

I was thinking Preston also. Fans and media taking aim at JP are literally putting the cart before the horse. Our horses are mules. JP looks about as good as Eli Manning last season, he's still an unknown. What we do know is that our line is in shambles starting with Teague. I hope someone asks Malarkey if changes will be made on the line this week.

I say put Preston at center, Teague at left tackle and Peters are left guard.

Of course, Peters likely hasn't worked at guard, but Benny is terrible. But I think these moves could only help and won't cost anything as far as depth goes.

Did anyone notice the length of time that Brooks was getting???? He could have signed autographs back there waiting for a receiver to get open. The difference in pass blocking between these two teams was absolutely shocking. It's time Malarkey made some major changes to this O line. Do something because I'm tired of watching a prison break every time we drop back to pass the ball.

462667[/snapback]

Maybe the difference isn't the quality of OL blocking. Could it be that the Bills can't generate a pass rush without the assistance of a blitzing LB, CB or FS? I'm sorry but the high motor DE's the Bills have(including one who is being paid 25 million), rarely seem to come up with the big sack at a crucial point in the game.

re: Benny. Of course he's going to look terrible when you ask him to pass block on two thirds of the offensive plays. He is a run blocker through and through. Everybody knew this coming in and nothing has changed in that regard. When he's not in a situation that involves mostly running and play action he's going to look like crap. HE doesn't have the quick feet to hold up in constant pass protection.

re: Benny. Of course he's going to look terrible when you ask him to pass block on two thirds of the offensive plays. He is a run blocker through and through. Everybody knew this coming in and nothing has changed in that regard. When he's not in a situation that involves mostly running and play action he's going to look like crap. HE doesn't have the quick feet to hold up in constant pass protection.

463126[/snapback]

YUP - further proof that Mularky and Clements have fotgotton what type of team they worked hard to build. They have tooled up to run the football with an OL full of maulers, but not great with finesse, and a RB who is ready to lead the league in rushing and a QB who needs time to develop and then all of a sudden we get in the game and they want to pass.

We shoot ourselves in the foot too often with field position and Time of Posession in the first half by abandoning the run early and trying to establish JP. By the 2nd half we are down, and need to pass to stay with the game. It's silly.

462667[/snapback]

That's on the mark, but who else can we replace him with? Our depth is a problem, but I guess while were playing our young QB, we might as well experiment with our OL rookies.