Fans here and Media, PATHETIC!!!!

4everBills

As far as Im conecrned us fans and the media got everything they wanted on sunday short of a win.

This is FAR from the home of the twelthe man anymore!

Bills Daily is absolutely deplorable for there crappy negativity. This is not even remotely the same team that we saw last year.

Drew was effecient, accurate, and avoided sacks. Not the Drew we saw last year.

Mularkey and the coaches made the RIGHT call by punting the ball, GW would have gone for it!

Yet, with all the first down, ball control offense, fiery defense, effecient QB'ing, quality schemes, playcalling, adjustments, and game day management, the media and fans here claim this is the same ole Bills?

These arent MY fans, this isnt the home of the 12th man anymore! How fickle we have all become.

It was 1 damn game, and just as easily we could have won it. Would you all still make the same negative posts if we had won? If they had not made that final play and we had won? If basically the ENTIRE game was the same except for that one play? I GUARANTEE you would not have slammed this team the way you have.

I know better. I will be here slamming all of YOU when this thing is going strong by week 10.

The media is the root of all evil, and this week, BillsDaily was the devil! Its so easy and irresponsible to simply post negative crap. Like he even admits, if hes wrong great, and if hes right he looses no face. Too many media and too many fans are just like that. Gutless worms who cant stand for anything or stick out for anything. Gutless. That aint the heart of the 12th man! That aint the heart of this team! None of you get to join us TRUE fans on the wagon to the superbowl. You stick to jumpin on wagons labeled "band".

Take a hike with this disease you call realism. Its not realism its CRAP! It aint even real, its gutless crap that doesnt even remotely represent what this team is, or what its about. We dont know yet, but much of what I watched I liked alot.

Ill stick my neck out right now, this squad is headed to the playoffs. They finally have quality coaching, schemes, and the right type of attitude. They had the talent already!

I expect clowns like BillsDaily, ESPN, NBC, etc to finally wake up to the Bills by about the start of the playoffs. Those of us who earn the right to be called 12th men, knew it from game 1!!!!!!!!

I think if fans are critizing the lack of players making plays or costing us games with brain freezes, as was the case all last season, then we have every right to be fed up and at the end of our ropes. If you're talking about the fans throwing in the towel and wanting to get rid of players after one loss, then yes...those people are wack jobs, if you ask me.

Sunday I'll be hoping they beat the Raiders and go on what will be the beginning of a long streak.

The Bills can outgain a team 450 yards to 100 and control the clock for 40 minutes, but at the end of the day if they come home with a big L, it's a lost afternoon. That's the nature of the NFL and pro sports. If we knock the ball down on that 4th and goal, it's a fantastic win and everyone in the media will gush about it.....since he caught the ball, we suck. I've come to accept that kind of mentality.

The Bills can outgain a team 450 yards to 100 and control the clock for 40 minutes, but at the end of the day if they come home with a big L, it's a lost afternoon.  That's the nature of the NFL and pro sports.  If we knock the ball down on that 4th and goal, it's a fantastic win and everyone in the media will gush about it.....since he caught the ball, we suck.  I've come to accept that kind of mentality.

33129[/snapback]

You are half right. If we knock that TD down and come away with a win, then we get..........we should have killed J-ville.....how do we only score 10 pts against that crappy team, we still suck. Ya know, the cup is always half empty mentality.

I can't say that I have always been positive about a win. We always expect more out of what we are dealt.

I think if fans are critizing the lack of players making plays or costing us games with brain freezes, as was the case all last season, then we have every right to be fed up and at the end of our ropes. If you're talking about the fans throwing in the towel and wanting to get rid of players after one loss, then yes...those people are wack jobs, if you ask me.

Sunday I'll be hoping they beat the Raiders and go on what will be the beginning of a long streak.

33119[/snapback]

ohhhhhh you mean the Brain Freeze that the 12th man had when the Bills are in the red zone we was making too much noise doing the damn wave while the Bills trying to tell us to be quiet ......... I must admit that i was embarresed about that especially when they had to call a time out because of us. It just goes to show that we all make mistakes lets hope the 12th man know when to make noise when the Pats come to town :)

As far as Im conecrned us fans and the media got everything they wanted on sunday short of a win.

Bills Daily is absolutely deplorable for there crappy negativity. This is not even remotely the same team that we saw last year.

Mularkey and the coaches made the RIGHT call by punting the ball, GW would have gone for it!

Yet, with all the first down, ball control offense, fiery defense, effecient QB'ing, quality schemes, playcalling, adjustments, and game day management, the media and fans here claim this is the same ole Bills?

These arent MY fans, this isnt the home of the 12th man anymore! How fickle we have all become.

It was 1 damn game, and just as easily we could have won it. Would you all still make the same negative posts if we had won? If they had not made that final play and we had won? If basically the ENTIRE game was the same except for that one play? I GUARANTEE you would not have slammed this team the way you have.

I know better. I will be here slamming all of YOU when this thing is going strong by week 10.

The media is the root of all evil, and this week, BillsDaily was the devil! Its so easy and irresponsible to simply post negative crap. Like he even admits, if hes wrong great, and if hes right he looses no face. Too many media and too many fans are just like that. Gutless worms who cant stand for anything or stick out for anything. Gutless. That aint the heart of the 12th man! That aint the heart of this team! None of you get to join us TRUE fans on the wagon to the superbowl. You stick to jumpin on wagons labeled "band".

33107[/snapback]

Ughhh....how far this franchise has fallen. "Got everything they wanted short of a win"? Who talks like this?

After the 2002 opener vs. the Jets (as depressing as it was) there wasn't nearly as much negativity because there was low expectations for the season. But after doing nothing but lose for 4 years, it just so happens that some of us are sick of it. It's been 9 years since a division title, and I think that sucks for such a football-crazed town that supports its team.

If that makes me a "bandwagoner", then so be it; but I've never heard of a bandwagoner watching every game during a 3-13 season and then getting pissed off about an opening day loss following a 6-10 year.

Guest BillsGuyColorado

Bills Daily has been somewhat moderate in their writing, in fact, refreshing. What I can't handle is this clown on BillsReport.com. Geez. The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling!!! Agggh! Drew this; Donahoe that; and for 4 straight months the same insipid little tune. The whiney tone oozes out and sucks the life out of everyone who reads it. Problem solved; subscription cancelled. :)

My personal take (to be constructive): too early to tell. Bledsoe proved he could check down and/or get it out quickly. O Line looked good. It's pretty clear the Associated Press writers read the box score and not the game. Defense had a couple major lapses late, but remember, they took them to 4th down on 3 consecutive series. The stupid penalties are really tough to take. Just personal discipline, and, I'm afraid, the basic intelligence and character of your players. And for God's sake, if blitzing is working, keep it coming until they adjust.

I think they'll install some more of the offense against Oakland, which will answer a lot of questions, but I think the defense will be tested.

Guest Guest_CoRandy_*

you can call me pathetic, i am just sick and tired of the bills loseing.

i really dont think it should come down to the last play of the game anyway.

i didnt see the game, i am just saying i am at the end of my rope and its only one game. it hard when the bonkoes come in with a little man and run the ball for 150 plus yards and what did TH get? i hear henry is so good i hear our rookie is so good and what do they do? come monday i dont want to hear how good denver did and how bad buffalo our team did.. i want our bills team back.. letts hope it starts with a weak raiders team. sorry guys i have had to vent

CoRandy

Easy there - you're going to hurt yourself with all your ranting.

I don't think there's a Bills fan out there who routes against this team. Everyone wants to see this team win and be successful. We'd all be happier than anyone if we dominated all our opponents and took home the Lombardi trophy.

We do, however, have the right to fail to praise the team for their shortcomings and to question how good a team this really is. I for one will not sit there fat dumb and happy telling myself how great this team is and how we are going to the playoffs out of some twisted sense of loyalty to the team.

I was at the game on Sunday and I cheered so loud I went hoarse. I bought pletny of Bills merchandise in addition to the ticket - I support my team.

The fact of the matter is that we do have some issues on this team. Yes it's only game one, but I didn't see anything that showed me this is a dominant team. We didn't move the ball that well, we didn't put up points at home and in the red zone, all our points were setup by turnovers, we failed to hit a reasonable field goal, and the defense failed their biggest challenge - stopping an 80-yard TD drive with 2:00 on the clock.

To make it abundantly clear - WE LOST. They don't award you a win or even half a win because the fans felt we played a good game and that we are a playoff team. You have to earn wins by scoring more points than the other guys and we didn't do that on Sunday.

Keep calling me the devil if you will, and I'll call you a pollyanna. This team has a real shot at going 0-3 through the first four weeks of the season. I'll be the happiest guy if we go on a winning streak and go to the playoffs - I'm routing for it - but you have no right to question my support for this team simply because I don't blindly follow them and see everything through rose-colored glasses.

It's our duty as fans to support the team, even if that support means questioning the team and advocating changes to make them a stronger club.

Take a hike with this disease you call realism. Its not realism its CRAP! It aint even real, its gutless crap that doesnt even remotely represent what this team is, or what its about. We dont know yet, but much of what I watched I liked alot.

Ill stick my neck out right now, this squad is headed to the playoffs. They finally have quality coaching, schemes, and the right type of attitude. They had the talent already!

I expect clowns like BillsDaily, ESPN, NBC, etc to finally wake up to the Bills by about the start of the playoffs. Those of us who earn the right to be called 12th men, knew it from game 1!!!!!!!!

33107[/snapback]

LET me tell you ! the the fans here are anything but PATHEDIC! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Easy there - you're going to hurt yourself with all your ranting.

I don't think there's a Bills fan out there who routes against this team. Everyone wants to see this team win and be successful. We'd all be happier than anyone if we dominated all our opponents and took home the Lombardi trophy.

We do, however, have the right to fail to praise the team for their shortcomings and to question how good a team this really is. I for one will not sit there fat dumb and happy telling myself how great this team is and how we are going to the playoffs out of some twisted sense of loyalty to the team.

I was at the game on Sunday and I cheered so loud I went hoarse. I bought pletny of Bills merchandise in addition to the ticket - I support my team.

The fact of the matter is that we do have some issues on this team. Yes it's only game one, but I didn't see anything that showed me this is a dominant team. We didn't move the ball that well, we didn't put up points at home and in the red zone, all our points were setup by turnovers, we failed to hit a reasonable field goal, and the defense failed their biggest challenge - stopping an 80-yard TD drive with 2:00 on the clock.

To make it abundantly clear - WE LOST. They don't award you a win or even half a win because the fans felt we played a good game and that we are a playoff team. You have to earn wins by scoring more points than the other guys and we didn't do that on Sunday.

Keep calling me the devil if you will, and I'll call you a pollyanna. This team has a real shot at going 0-3 through the first four weeks of the season. I'll be the happiest guy if we go on a winning streak and go to the playoffs - I'm routing for it - but you have no right to question my support for this team simply because I don't blindly follow them and see everything through rose-colored glasses.

It's our duty as fans to support the team, even if that support means questioning the team and advocating changes to make them a stronger club.

33195[/snapback]

Well said...I'll give that post an Amen! B)

As I see it this team has floundered under Donahoe. Bills Daily isn't the only source talking this team down. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle also is. The Buff News is. The Niagara Falls paper is. Many are.

Gee, do you think there's a reason for it?

Everyone saying we need to finish, etc. BS

What we need is to put up some points. This game never should have come down to the D having to play beside itself for 60 straight minutes. If we allow 13 points every single week, then I'm happy. If we only score 10 each week then we'll be lucky to win another single game.

Last season, what'd we average, like 14 points or something like that, boy, 10, big improvement!! Wow

Meanwhile Bledsoe has an average game and no one blames him for anything. I mean if anothe quarter back put up the kind of stats that he did on Sunday, and asked us how he did, would we all say great game? I don't think so.

I'm starting to think that some of these media guys who are calling this the harshest are actually right. Supporting a dead QB and an idiot manager doesnt'; appear to be much of a fan to me. Where's the demand on the parts of fans for improvement? Right now it doesnt' even seem as if we're going to improve much. So what, we beat some scrubs at the end of the year. What if we win three of our last four against Cleveland, Pittsburgh and the Niners. Does that mean we're good now?

Gimme a break. Whine, whine, whine! So far the media's right. And if we don't win on Sunday then I'm all for them giving TD hell. We sat through 14 terrible games last season and were promised all kidns of immediate improvements. Well, where are they? 10 pints ain't gonna cut it. And jax isn't even the toughest team wer'e gonna play.

LET me tell you ! the the fans here are anything but PATHEDIC! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

33198[/snapback]

The only thing that's PATHETIC is your spelling... :) (just playing with you)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of the mediocrity that the team and some of the fans have begun accepting. When I see faults with the Bills' play, I'll let my opinion be known. I understand the original poster's point in that we shouldn't turn this message board into an extended version of Jerry Stevestojan's overly negative columns. On the other hand, blind optimism is not only idiotic but a waste of time. I come here to learn more about my Bills team and about general football strategy/X's and O's. I want to learn and discuss the team's and players' strengths and weaknesses. I want to learn and discuss the good that our team is doing as well as the bad. Who wants to read pages and pages of rah-rah threads saying "Go Bills! We're so totally awesome?"

Also, the original poster's definition of a true fan is a little weak. A true fan is one who always roots for his team no matter how much he/she dislikes the team's individual players, the season record, the general direction the team is headed, etc... I don't think anyone on this board besides the Patsies trolls are rooting AGAINST the Bills; the negative posters and the even-tempered ones alike don't want the team to do bad, but they do want to criticize the team when the criticism is deserved. What I think Sunday's final score will be: Raiders - 30, Bills - 17...I suppose this prediction makes me a false fan :) ?

Peace.

33250[/snapback]

I want to clarify one thing about my post. Being negative on a Bills message board and at the actual game are two different things. I'm not condoning excessive booing, verbal criticism, leaving early (unless for a reason other than displeasure with the game's outcome), or not showing up if you bought a ticket (unless for a reason other than displeasure with the team's season); that type of behavior can negatively affect the Bills' performance. RWS should still be a place where the HOME TEAM gets the advantage.