No Sabres Games on DirecTv!!!

theesir

I got this email from MSG today, in response to me asking what was up:

Good Afternoon,

Sorry for your inconvenience last night. MSG will broadcast 75 Sabre's games in the Buffalo/Rochester region this season. Direct TV and MSG are working on a deal to broadcast Sabre's games on Direct TV. We are confident Sabre's games will be broadcast on Direct TV by their season opener. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. Thanks for your inquiry.

Networks PR

Hope they get this done.

I got this email from MSG today,  in response to me asking what was up:

Good Afternoon,

Sorry for your inconvenience last night.  MSG will broadcast 75 Sabre's games in the Buffalo/Rochester region this season.  Direct TV and MSG are working on a deal to broadcast Sabre's games on Direct TV.  We are confident Sabre's games will be broadcast on Direct TV by their season opener.  If you have any questions feel free to contact us.  Thanks for your inquiry.

Networks PR

Hope they get this done.

459352[/snapback]

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I really don't want to go back to Time Warner.

Thanks for the update.

Dave.

I just saw this on a Sabres message board. I know there's enough Sabres fans here living in WNY who will be affected by this. I've heard that DirecTV is currently in negotiations with MSG about this issue. If you care, send an email or make a phone call - enough people can make a difference.

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and was told that they have NO plans of showing Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station. I was told that, living in the Rochester area, I actually am in the Ranger's market. When I asked which market the Sabres are in, I was told that Buffalo does not reside in an NHL market. When I reminded them that the Sabres play IN Buffalo, I was given the run-around and told that they "just go by the zip code". The girl I talked to said that she has received NO calls about this issue and basically had no idea what I was talking about.

Again, DirecTV has NO plans of showing the Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station.

I threatened to switch to Time Warner Cable and that did not seem to bother them. I would imagine that if more people did the same, they might be bothered enough to do something about the problem. Contact DirecTV and let them have it:

By email: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.dsp

By phone: 1-800-494-4388

I just saw this on a Sabres message board.  I know there's enough Sabres fans here living in WNY who will be affected by this.  I've heard that DirecTV is currently in negotiations with MSG about this issue.  If you care, send an email or make a phone call - enough people can make a difference.

I just got off the phone with DirecTV and was told that they have NO plans of showing Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station. I was told that, living in the Rochester area, I actually am in the Ranger's market. When I asked which market the Sabres are in, I was told that Buffalo does not reside in an NHL market. When I reminded them that the Sabres play IN Buffalo, I was given the run-around and told that they "just go by the zip code". The girl I talked to said that she has received NO calls about this issue and basically had no idea what I was talking about.

Again, DirecTV has NO plans of showing the Sabres games this year on MSG or any other station.

I threatened to switch to Time Warner Cable and that did not seem to bother them. I would imagine that if more people did the same, they might be bothered enough to do something about the problem. Contact DirecTV and let them have it:

By email: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/glb/Form_Feedback.dsp

By phone: 1-800-494-4388

459388[/snapback]

Dude, you most likely just got a dolt CSR. Do not put any credence in this whatsoever. Guys like me and Fez, who have been with D* forever know more about D* than 90% of the first line CSRs who will talk to.