Leftwich vs A. Brooks?

stevestojan

By all means, Brooks. If I was starting my own NFL team, I would take Leftwhich. However, having had both of these QB's on my FF team, Brooks is a much better/bigger statistical producer. Brooks is just as capable, on any given week of throwing for 300 yards, 3td's and two picks, as he is throwing for 180 and 1 td.

To this point, Leftwhich, perhaps because of the style team is on, is less likely to put up big numbers. Brooks is, IMO, a top 10 FF quarterback. Leftwhich, while better in the real world, is somewhere between 15 and 20. I won a championship with Brooks, so I may be a little biased. I have Lefty as my number two guy this year, behind Carson Palmer...

I've had Brooks in the past. He's a make or break QB and ended up with the league's worst and 2nd worst record both seasons if it means anything. That said I think he is a better fantasy option at this point then Leftwich. As leftwich is hurt and doesn't have the cast around him that Brooks does. As mentioned the Saints poor D helps Brooks with passing yards and his WR/TEs options are better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.