An unqualified thought

macaroni

Could the brain trust at One Bills Drive be hampering JP by trying to bring him along slowly????

It seems to me that JPs career at Tulane (and I'm no expert here) was more of a gun slinger type of style. The playbook we're having him run with the Bills seems to consist of pitter pat little 5 yard pass routes.

If I were the opponents DC I would be content in the knowledge that all I had to defend was from the line of scrimmage to five or ten yards back to effectivly stall the Bills offense.

To my way of thinking if we opened up the playbook and made the defenders defend 20 or 30yards worth of the field, JP (and Willis for that matter) may start to realize more success. JP doesn't necessarily need to complete every "bomb" ..... but he DOES have to make the opponents worry about completing a few. I don't mean to say we need to go to a "CHUCK AND DUCK" style offense ..... just send the recievers long every once in a while.

We did a little bit against Atlanta... but he was rather inaccurate in those passes... Which is making people upset. I say take the chance a few more times with those passes, let JP get used to throwing in the NFL and then judge him

Also, wasn't everyone complaining only a few weeks ago that we never let JP go deep? Well now he's trying, so everyone needs to just deal with it.

Could the brain trust at One Bills Drive be hampering JP by trying to bring him along slowly????

It seems to me that JPs career at Tulane (and I'm no expert here) was more of a gun slinger type of style. The playbook we're having him run with the Bills seems to consist of pitter pat little 5 yard pass routes.

If I were the opponents DC I would be content in the knowledge that all I had to defend was from the line of scrimmage to five or ten yards back to effectivly stall the Bills offense.

To my way of thinking if we opened up the playbook and made the defenders defend 20 or 30yards worth of the field, JP (and Willis for that matter) may start to realize more success. JP doesn't necessarily need to complete every "bomb" ..... but he DOES have to make the opponents worry about completing a few. I don't mean to say we need to go to a "CHUCK AND DUCK"  style offense ..... just send the recievers long every once in a while.

456576[/snapback]

I agree 100% The reason, supposedly, that the coaching staff and management were so confident that the Bills could win with Losman, was his mobility and his ability to throw accurately on the run. Yet, it seems the offense they are running is not designed to take advantage of that. I know they want him to play in control, but this kid seriously needs to make some plays, before his confidence is shot. In the pocket, he is just not seeing things fast enough. It really has been no difference between having he or Bledsoe in there. JP may take a few less sacks, but he is throwing the ball like he is scared to make a mistake. This is just not a good way for a young QB to be playing. He obviously dazzled somebody at One Bills Drive with his potential, why not start letting him play to his strengths?

To my way of thinking if we opened up the playbook and made the defenders defend 20 or 30yards worth of the field, JP (and Willis for that matter) may start to realize more success. JP doesn't necessarily need to complete every "bomb" ..... but he DOES have to make the opponents worry about completing a few. I don't mean to say we need to go to a "CHUCK AND DUCK"  style offense ..... just send the recievers long every once in a while.

456576[/snapback]

If so, they stand alone as the only NFL franchise in history that would dump a season for the promise of greater glory... :o

If so, they stand alone as the only NFL franchise in history that would dump a season for the promise of greater glory... :D

456632[/snapback]

I'm not saying they are doing it intentionaly, I just think the coaching staff is trying to bring him along using "baby steps" ...... IMHO ...... throw him into the fire ..... let him chuck the ball every now and then

I'm not saying they are doing it intentionaly, I just think the coaching staff is trying to bring him along using "baby steps" ...... IMHO ...... throw him into the fire ..... let him chuck the ball every now and then

456804[/snapback]

No, that was not my impression. I just took an opportunity for levity... :D