Give Atlanta some Credit....

zow2

I thought their staff did a fantastic job scouting the Bills. They continuously outsmarted our D with draws on blitzes... and quick hitters and obviously Vick improvised when he needed to. On D they completely befuddled JP and the passing game with weird stunts and messed up our O-line. Yes, our running game was working but we all know you can't be one dimentional in this league. When we needed that crucial 1/2 yard we couldn't get it. Also, it's 3rd and 8 late in the game in the Falcons end and the Bills had to run it twice. That's how sad the passing attack is.

I thought their staff did a fantastic job scouting the Bills.  They continuously outsmarted our D with draws on blitzes... and quick hitters and obviously Vick improvised when he needed to.  On D they completely befuddled JP and the passing game with weird stunts and messed up our O-line.  Yes, our running game was working but we all know you can't be one dimentional in this league.  When we needed that crucial 1/2 yard we couldn't get it. Also, it's 3rd and 8 late in the game in the Falcons end and the Bills had to run it twice.  That's how sad the passing attack is.

454661[/snapback]

Of course calling QB sneek and having him trip on a blade of grass doesn't help. Maybe handing off to the first round RB might have been the better option.

On 4th down?  :(

454723[/snapback]

I saw two teams hit for TD's and then the Stillers draw a game-saving PI call running 4thdown playaction yesterday. It's a great down to do it because every DB on the field will attack teh first thing you show him.

I saw two teams hit for TD's and then the Stillers draw a game-saving PI call running 4thdown playaction yesterday. It's a great down to do it because every DB on the field will attack teh first thing you show him.

454730[/snapback]

Our QB had 35 net yards passing yesterday... I think I prefer the QB sneak play.

CW

What were they thinking? JP and the OL played well enough to win.  :(

454770[/snapback]

Yes, Bill, we all know your penchant for flogging dead horses.

But even someone as singleminded as you HAD to see that the Defense SUCKED OUT LOUD yesterday.

They couldn't stop the Falcons when they had them on a 2nd and 27.

Two words for this defense: OVER-RATED.

Yes, Bill, we all know your penchant for flogging dead horses.

But even someone as singleminded as you HAD to see that the Defense SUCKED OUT LOUD yesterday.

They couldn't stop the Falcons when they had them on a 2nd and 27.

Two words for this defense: OVER-RATED.

454772[/snapback]

Yeah, they were pretty bad, but teams generally have to score some points to beat Michael Vick. He is rarely contained for an entire game.

I still think that Evans and Moulds are a WAY better than average duo at WR. Where are their catches? MaGahee had a great game.

If the protection wasn't so bad, I would blame a good portion of this loss on JP.

He isn't playing well Joe.

Yeah, they were pretty bad, but teams generally have to score some points to beat Michael Vick. He is rarely contained for an entire game.

I still think that Evans and Moulds are a WAY better than average duo at WR. Where are their catches? MaGahee had a great game.

If the protection wasn't so bad, I would blame a good portion of this loss on JP.

He isn't playing well Joe.

454789[/snapback]

HE'S STARTED THREE GAMES!!!

Roethlisberger was the EXCEPTION, not the rule for first-year starters.

You'll never know what you've got if he's sitting on the bench.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASEEEE Tell me you didn't think he was going to come in and light it up with 3 straight 300 yard games. PLEASE tell me you're smarter than that.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASEEEE Tell me you didn't think he was going to come in and light it up with 3 straight 300 yard games. PLEASE tell me you're smarter than that.

454799[/snapback]

Three straight 300 yard games? No.

Three straight 100 yard games? That would've been nice...

But as I've been saying all along (this goes back to your apparant lack of reading comprehension), the #1 problem with the team is the OL, not the QB. Bledsoe handled it better (by getting more than 35 net yards passing) because of his experience. With a near-rookie playing behind the line, we're seeing the problem magnified.

CW

HE'S STARTED THREE GAMES!!!

Roethlisberger was the EXCEPTION, not the rule for first-year starters.

You'll never know what you've got if he's sitting on the bench.

454799[/snapback]

Of course not.

I also didn't see the logic in handing the keys to a rookie qb with a team that APPEARED to be primed to win a lot of football games. Remember, they had a very nice streak last year before the Pitt. loss that seemed to embarrass MM and TD because it was against their former team.

Maybe they were right, and the Bills weren't as good as we thought.

Three straight 300 yard games?  No.

Three straight 100 yard games?  That would've been nice...

CW

454808[/snapback]

Really now. I like JP and all but i can't see him having even a 200 yd game unless he throws 60 times and gets lucky to hit a bomb somewhere along the way. He can only throw to his check down WR's...Aiken, Reed or fast Freddy. Not good.