Anybody Want To See Preston?

Bill from NYC

How about Preston at OC and Teague at LT? Or, how about Preston at OC and Teague on the bench?

They better do something and soon, before JP is ruined.

454551[/snapback]

It may happen- I trust McNally to put our 5 best out there, and I hope they can get it done

How about Preston at OC and Teague at LT? Or, how about Preston at OC and Teague on the bench?

454551[/snapback]

I've been advocating that since training camp. Let JP and Duke learn to play together now, rather than start from Square One next year. Teague, if he ever had it, has lost it.

Was it any coincidence that we started passing better, running better, and winning last year when Tucker(?) came in at C for several games when Teague was injured? Wonder of wonders, that was the same time when the bull-rushes up the middle stopped. Word is out on how to beat Trey.

Guest BackInDaDay

I don't think Duke is ready to make that work, and Teague is too light for OT. That may have worked in Denver's 'finesse' system, but not in the Bill's straight-ahead attack. His lack of size can be a problem when D-line stunts take away his inside help, but the one thing I wish he'd correct immediately is his lifting his head just as he's about to snap the ball in the Shotgun formation. He looks back to find JP, and then lifts his head to find the defender and snaps the ball. Didn't see this game, but from the tape I got of the TB game, he did it every time. :P

454551[/snapback]

I thought Gandy had another good game. At this point he might be our most consistant guy. OLT is not the problem right now.

"It was more of being winded," he said of Villarrial. "We were planning on trying to get Duke in there even more than we did. So it was, 'Give Duke a chance there at the end,' and he got a couple reps."

:( We needed to get Duke Preston reps?? In place of Chris Villarrial??? At the end of the game with a chance to win???? <_<

Mike - what gives? This isn't preseason. This isn't for fun now. This is for the season. Get Duke some fekkin reps early if you need to - not during a critical 4th Quarter drive...

I don't often agree with Leo Roth - but he's got Mularky bang to rights on this one.

Chris V and Teague played terrible yesterday. So did Jermain (sp), Mike Williams replacement. The desperation move of putting in Preston was done for a reason. The Falcons were consistently shooting the middle to blast Losman, with Chris V. and Teague whiffing on blocks or picking up the wrong player. The eyes in the stands don't lie.

Gandy may be average by he isn't playing bad at all. Neither is Bennie Anderson.

On the D side of the ball, The DT position needs a complete overhaul. Adams is out of gas. Edwards and Bannon are swinging doors who get blown out most every play. Anderson looks like an oK backup but doesn't look like a frontline starter at present. How many runs went right up the gut without any problem gaining yards? Fletcher runs well side to side but just gets steamrolled on runs up the gut.

Stop hanging on to fan favorite players and realize there are many to blame for this mess, including the poor coaching.

Chris V and Teague played terrible yesterday. So did Jermain (sp), Mike Williams replacement. The desperation move of putting in Preston was done for a reason. The Falcons were consistently shooting the middle to blast Losman, with Chris V. and Teague whiffing on blocks or picking up the wrong player. The eyes in the stands don't lie.

Gandy may be average by he isn't playing bad at all. Neither is Bennie Anderson.

On the D side of the ball, The DT position needs a complete overhaul. Adams is out of gas. Edwards and Bannon are swinging doors who get blown out most every play. Anderson looks like an oK backup but doesn't look like a frontline starter at present.  How many runs went right up the gut without any problem gaining yards? Fletcher runs well side to side but just gets steamrolled on runs up the gut.

Stop hanging on to fan favorite players and realize there are many to blame for this mess, including the poor coaching.

454650[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Are defensive line was more concerning to me then our offensive..not that both don't scare me.