everyone said at the begining of the year...

tbonehawaii

Well he is not taking care. And we have a caretaker on the bench. I don't want to see the team become Ravens North where we coddle our own little Kyle Boller for years with managment and coaching in denial as to how bad he stinks and our good defense gets older and falls apart. Reminds me of the 3-D (deny deny deny) approach of another administration when it encounters trouble.

Try Holcomb. Its an insult to all the veterans on the team and the fans to not try and win now. He played against a banged up secondary and had 140 yards production by his running back. At home. Despite these favorable conditions. He repeteaedly made terrible decisions and simply can't hit wide open receivers on the rare occasion that he can see them. Why not shut us all up by giving Holcomb his shot and see what happens?

P.S. How did Lee Evans and Eric Moulds from being great to terrible? Hmmm I wonder what changed so much since last year?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he is not taking care.  And we have a caretaker on the bench.  I don't want to see the team become Ravens North where we coddle our own little Kyle Boller for years with managment and coaching in denial as to how bad he stinks and our good defense gets older and falls apart.  Reminds me of the 3-D (deny deny deny) approach of another administration when it encounters trouble. 

Try Holcomb.  Its an insult to all the veterans on the team and the fans to not try and win now.  He played against a banged up secondary and had 140 yards production by his running back. At home. Despite these favorable conditions.  He repeteaedly made terrible decisions and simply can't hit wide open receivers on the rare occasion that he can see them.  Why not shut us all up by giving Holcomb his shot and see what happens? 

P.S. How did Lee Evans and Eric Moulds from being great to terrible? Hmmm I wonder what changed so much since last year?

454273[/snapback]

If we play Holcomb, then forget about JP Losman ever being the Bills starter. because he will never learn to play the game. So we commit to Holcomb as our starter. A career backup. Might work, but if it doesn't, then what? Throw Losman back in? Shane Matthews? How about drafting Leinhart? The minute he throws an INT we'll want him benched too. How about signing a free agent QB? With the QB merry-go-around spinning in Buffalo, what QB would want to play here?

Any more big ideas?

PTR

If we play Holcomb, then forget about JP Losman ever being the Bills starter.  because he will never learn to play the game.  So we commit to Holcomb as our starter.  A career backup.  Might work, but if it doesn't, then what?  Throw Losman back in?  Shane Matthews?  How about drafting Leinhart?  The minute he throws an INT we'll want him benched too.  How about signing a free agent QB?  With the QB merry-go-around spinning in Buffalo, what QB would want to play here?

Any more big ideas?

PTR

454280[/snapback]

As somone stated before, alternate starts. That boy is going to get killed out there. He's not ready.

As somone stated before, alternate starts. That boy is going to get killed out there. He's not ready.

454287[/snapback]

He'll never be ready if you yank him. That's what I'm saying. Don't use the hook unless you are ready to commit to Holcomb as your #1. Alternating starts? :P

PTR

You really shouldn't use logic with some people, Promo.

454297[/snapback]

He will be out for the season by Thanksgiving. His poor decisions and/or the OL will do him in. More than likely Darwinism would be my guess.

Cable you need to quit trying to cover for this guy. Show me some better decision playing and I will cchange my tune. At this point, the guy is weak.

If we play Holcomb, then forget about JP Losman ever being the Bills starter.  because he will never learn to play the game. 

How about signing a free agent QB?  With the QB merry-go-around spinning in Buffalo, what QB would want to play here?

Any more big ideas?

PTR

454280[/snapback]

Yeah, Brady and Pennington were never able to step in after Bledsoe and Testeverde because you can't develop sitting on the bench.

As for free agents, I would think that they would rather go to a merry-go-round than to a situation where there is a clear incumbent that they have to beat out.

Yeah,  Brady and Pennington were never able to step in after Bledsoe and Testeverde because you can't develop sitting on the bench.

As for free agents, I would think that they would rather go to a merry-go-round than to a situation where there is a clear incumbent that they have to beat out.

454307[/snapback]

Brady I can see. Pennington????

No free agent wants to go to a team where he will get the hook for two bad games. There is something to be said for showing some faith in your players. You can't be your best when the team isn't behind you.

You the fact we are arguing about Losman shows how we are missing the big picture. The D lost the Falcons game. The Bills offense scored on most of their drives. They controled the ball. They did not commit turnovers untill we were playing catch up. The so-called "best D in NFL history" let the Falcons of the hook on 3rd down and let them march up and down the field.

PTR

If we play Holcomb, then forget about JP Losman ever being the Bills starter.  because he will never learn to play the game.  So we commit to Holcomb as our starter.  A career backup.  Might work, but if it doesn't, then what?  Throw Losman back in?  Shane Matthews?  How about drafting Leinhart?  The minute he throws an INT we'll want him benched too.  How about signing a free agent QB?  With the QB merry-go-around spinning in Buffalo, what QB would want to play here?

Any more big ideas?

PTR

454280[/snapback]

Unfortunately if JP starts we may have our shot at drafting Leinhart. We looks far worse than Cleveland and other candidates Texans may be our only competition. So I take it you are in favor of the Kyle-Boelleresque lets stay in denial plan?

You the fact we are arguing about Losman shows how we are missing the big picture.  The D lost the Falcons game.  The Bills offense scored on most of their drives.  They controled the ball.  They did not commit turnovers untill we were playing catch up.  The so-called "best D in NFL history" let the Falcons of the hook on 3rd down and let them march up and down the field.

PTR

454329[/snapback]

Right on, Promo.

He'll never be ready if you yank him.  That's what I'm saying.  Don't use the hook unless you are ready to commit to Holcomb as your #1.  Alternating starts?  :P

PTR

454293[/snapback]

You are high if you think an entire team should be built around one players ego and delicate self esteem. If he can't take out being benched when he sucks he isn't going to "develop" either. They tried telling kids they were good when they were bad. They turn into wimps at best or sociopaths at worse.

Unfortunately if JP starts we may have our shot at drafting Leinhart. We looks far worse than Cleveland and other candidates Texans may be our only competition. So I take it you are in favor of the Kyle-Boelleresque lets stay in denial plan?

454331[/snapback]

It's not denial...it's called sticking to a plan and not bailing out after three games.

PTR

Yeah,  Brady and Pennington were never able to step in after Bledsoe and Testeverde because you can't develop sitting on the bench.

454307[/snapback]

WORD!

Brady I can see.  Pennington????

No free agent wants to go to a team where he will get the hook for two bad games.  There is something to be said for showing some faith in your players.  You can't be your best when the team isn't behind you. 

You the fact we are arguing about Losman shows how we are missing the big picture.  The D lost the Falcons game.  The Bills offense scored on most of their drives.  They controled the ball.  They did not commit turnovers untill we were playing catch up.  The so-called "best D in NFL history" let the Falcons of the hook on 3rd down and let them march up and down the field.

PTR

454329[/snapback]

They scored on 4 out of ten which is 4/10th which is less then half.

Secondly we were down only one TD + 2 point conversion, at 12 minutes of the 4th when the first turnover came.

Not debating what you are saying in general, but your facts are wrong.

454331[/snapback]

Losman can lose the next 13 games at the QB helm and it won't matter, TD won't admit his mistakes. Promo is right regarding the D, they're not getting it done either. The only bright spot I see from Losman is that he has only thrown 1 pick. But on the other hand, he had sure TDs dropped. That pass that was thrown to Campbell that was dropped by DeAngelo Hall should have been 6, last week Brooks should have had 6, and the LB from week 1 should have had 6. Do you see a trend here? It's a big concern because they have been on all similar plays. It's only a matter of time before John Paul starts giving teams 6 points a game. You can't be a good care take when you are letting your team down.

454331[/snapback]

Good thing you can make the determination that he's the next Kyle Boller after 3 starts. What an amazing eye you must have. :P

They scored on 4 out of ten which is 4/10th which is less then half. 

Secondly we were down only one TD + 2 point conversion, at 12 minutes of the 4th when the first turnover came. 

Not debating what you are saying in general, but your facts are wrong.

454345[/snapback]

Being down 8 points in the 4th Q is playing catch-up by definition, Einstein. Before that INT, the Bills scored on 4 of 6 drives. Also the Bills had 9 drives, not 10. So if you are going to call me out, get YOUR facts straight!

PTR