(SUW) Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame...

Zamboni Man

U2, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, Randy Newman and the O'Jays are among the nominees for the 2005 induction class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

They are joined on the ballot by the Pretenders, Buddy Guy, Wanda Jackson, the J Geils Band, Conway Twitty and Percy Sledge.

The Sex Pistols, the Stooges, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the late Gram Parsons were previously nominated but remain on this year's ballot.

I think it's pretty pathetic that some of these guys could possibly go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame while Black Sabbath and Van Halen haven't been nominated yet. Music experts indeed. :huh:

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominations

Hasn't Ozzy / Black Sabbath said that they will won't show up if inducted?  I don't blame them.  The RnR HOF is a joke.

32224[/snapback]

Oh it's a joke alright, but it's certainly not funny to me... :huh:

They (the "HOF") make a mockery out of the words "Rock and Roll." Randy freaking Newman??? You've got to be kidding me...But there are worse examples I guess...

I did not reaize VH was eligible yet, then I went and looked at my VH 1 CD and it was a 1978 release. How in Gods name does VH not get in almost immediately? What...did Eddie not have enough influence on Rock Guitar? What a joke...And I'm not even going to get into the Sabbath thing because that is simply a travesty. Sabbath should have gone in directly behind Led Zep as far as I'm concerned. Their influence on Hard Rock was SO significant...just ask Chris Cornell...

Anyway, the other one that has had me despising this farce for years is of coarse KISS. I mean, like them or hate them, how in the hell can you not include KISS in the R&R Hall of Fame if for nothing else the massive following they maintained forever...

I can go into a LONG list of inducties who should have been embarassed to get in before Sabbath, KISS, and VH for God's sake....Ugh, this just pisses me off so much everytime I talk about it I can barely type....

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: R&R HOF

They (the "HOF") make a mockery out of the words "Rock and Roll." Randy freaking Newman??? You've got to be kidding me...But there are worse examples I guess...

I did not reaize VH was eligible yet, then I went and looked at my VH 1 CD and it was a 1978 release. How in Gods name does VH not get in almost immediately? What...did Eddie not have enough influence on Rock Guitar? What a joke...And I'm not even going to get into the Sabbath thing because that is simply a travesty. Sabbath should have gone in directly behind Led Zep as far as I'm concerned. Their influence on Hard Rock was SO significant...just ask Chris Cornell...

Anyway, the other one that has had me despising this farce for years is of coarse KISS. I mean, like them or hate them, how in the hell can you not include KISS in the R&R Hall of Fame if for nothing else the massive following they maintained forever...

I can go into a LONG list of inducties who should have been embarassed to get in before Sabbath, KISS, and VH for God's sake....Ugh, this just pisses me off so much everytime I talk about it I can barely type....

32248[/snapback]

KISS isn't in either? What a fuggin joke. KISS is legendary just like Aerosmith and Zeppelin. Go to their concerts and you'll see people from 8-50 at those shows.

U2 definitely deserves to get in.

32223[/snapback]

They (U2) are definitely deserving no doubt...And there is usually one Band every year that seems like a no brainer (whether I like them or not). But I hate that freaking farce...

BTW, I've been meaning to say nice Avatar to you forever...My favorite Beatles Album!! There's not much by the Beatles that I don't like, but I could never understand how Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's consistantly gets ranked ahead of Abbey Road...Nonetheless...Nice Avatar Brother! B)

randy newman is awesome, don't let his short people and toy story works cloud your judgement(not that there is anything wrong with them), but his whole collection as a songwriter is awesome, he is not middle of the road type performer but he is up there in the singer/songwriter echelon, every bit if not more deserving than the likes of john prine, john hiatt and that genre of musicians.

32248[/snapback]

KISS isn't in either? What a fuggin joke. KISS is legendary just like Aerosmith and Zeppelin. Go to their concerts and you'll see people from 8-50 at those shows.

32254[/snapback]

A couple years ago I actually had to go and look it up because I just assumed they were in...But no KISS...I was already pretty pissed about no Sabbath, but the KISS thing set me off pretty good!!! :(

It's a joke...I mean, I'm not saying they are the greatest Band of all time, but they did have a couple absolute classic R&R hits, and of coarse the greatest gimmick in the History of Rock and Roll...

No KISS, no Sabbath, and no VH...sure it's the R&R HOF...right... :huh:

They've been eligible since 2003...maybe whoever makes up the ballot is waiting for Diamond Dave and VH to do a real reunion before nominating them? That's the only reason I could imagine that they're not on the ballot.

randy newman is awesome, don't let his short people and toy story works cloud your judgement(not that there is anything wrong with them), but his whole collection as a songwriter is awesome, he is not middle of the road type performer but he is up there in the singer/songwriter echelon, every bit if not more deserving than the likes of john prine, john hiatt and that genre of musicians.

32260[/snapback]

That's cool, but He's so far off my radar screen I guess I should reserve any comment...But to each his own Brother!! :huh:

yeah no doubt, there is so much music out there that not everyone has to listen to the what every one else listens to. thats what makes rock and roll and music in general so cool. some day you may listen to randy newman and "discover" an appreciation for him, as I have done with a great number of bands and musical styles.

That's cool, but He's so far off my radar screen I guess I should reserve any comment...But to each his own Brother!! :huh:

32272[/snapback]

The Pistols & the Stooges are more worthy than anyone else mentioned in this thread IMO... not even close.

32252[/snapback]

I LOVE The Sex Pistols, and again, the R&R HOF really has nothing to do with classic influences after the obvious (Beatles, Stones, Elvis, Hendrix, etc...). It's a joke, nothing more than that...And though I love some inducted Bands, it will never be a true R&R HOF until I see the majority of Bands mentioned in this thread inducted.

Of coarse I imagine Mr. Lydon would never go to the induction. I'd LOVE to hear what he says about it though... :huh: