We are Penn State!

/dev/null

Penn State Fan and Texas Fan need to relax. Penn State needs to actually beat someone and dont give me "well Minnesota was ranked crap." Penn State had 3 gimme wins before Big Ten Play began. The Big Ten is down this year. If you dont take Ohio State -3.5 this week you are a moron. That is straight cash homey.

Texas fan needs to simmer. When Texas actually beats Oklahoma, then maybe he can talk. Texas should beat Oklahoma this year but you cant trust Mack Brown. If Texas gets by Oklahoma, I sense Texas getting upset by Colorado somehow in the Big 12 championship.

I hope Texas loses so it clears the way for the Men of Troy to take on Marcus Vick and the Virginia Tech Hokies. Beamer Ball versus Pete Carroll. That is a great National Championship game.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penn State Fan and Texas Fan need to relax.  Penn State needs to actually beat someone and dont give me "well Minnesota was ranked crap."  Penn State had 3 gimme wins before Big Ten Play began.  The Big Ten is down this year.  If you dont take Ohio State -3.5 this week you are a moron.  That is straight cash homey.

467516[/snapback]

Penn State Fan is happy that the team is 5-0, after a few pretty rough years. Kinda like the USC fans got happy once their team went from being sorry for a few years to being what they've become under Pete Carroll. It's natural. My enthusiasm for Penn State is tempered, so I don't go off the deep end. Others may, and that's just how it is.

Texas fan needs to simmer.  When Texas actually beats Oklahoma, then maybe he can talk.  Texas should beat Oklahoma this year but you cant trust Mack Brown.  If Texas gets by Oklahoma, I sense Texas getting upset by Colorado somehow in the Big 12 championship.

467516[/snapback]

Agreed. The RRS is THE litmus test for the Longhorns. They're helped by the fact that this is a down year for the Sooners, but they still have to deal w/ them and beat them in this game. I'm no fan of Oklahoma, so I admit I'm kinda rooting for Texas to win this year.

I hope Texas loses so it clears the way for the Men of Troy to take on Marcus Vick and the Virginia Tech Hokies.  Beamer Ball versus Pete Carroll.  That is a great National Championship game.

467516[/snapback]

Agreed again. After seeing both teams in action, I'd love to see those two in a national title game. Here's hoping it works out.

Then again, I would've loved to see PSU and Nebraska in a national title game back in '94...

Penn State Fan and Texas Fan need to relax.  Penn State needs to actually beat someone and dont give me "well Minnesota was ranked crap."  Penn State had 3 gimme wins before Big Ten Play began.  The Big Ten is down this year.  If you dont take Ohio State -3.5 this week you are a moron.  That is straight cash homey.

Texas fan needs to simmer.  When Texas actually beats Oklahoma, then maybe he can talk.  Texas should beat Oklahoma this year but you cant trust Mack Brown.  If Texas gets by Oklahoma, I sense Texas getting upset by Colorado somehow in the Big 12 championship.

I hope Texas loses so it clears the way for the Men of Troy to take on Marcus Vick and the Virginia Tech Hokies.  Beamer Ball versus Pete Carroll.  That is a great National Championship game.

467516[/snapback]

You were saying?

467516[/snapback]

:blink:

I dunno, Blue.  If I had to pick 2 teams I'd like to see play for the title, I may have to say Va Tech and USC.  Then again, we still have some big games to go for each of the top teams, so things could change.

473914[/snapback]

I'd rather see Texas and Va Tech. :doh:

Congrats Simon- We have the idiot comment of the day.

Wow, I'm honored!

Of course you might want to consider that since I place no value on the pointless pablum of college football polls (i.e. I don't consider USC the best team in the country) then maybe I don't consider any of those opponents you listed to be among the Top #10 teams in the country. You're just as likely to get accurate results from a figure skating competition, which is what I usually compare these polls to.

And I place even less value on it when the game in question is some pointless bowlgame where neitehr team has played in a month and one team or teh other might believe the only reason they're there is for some good ol' fashioned partying.

Of the games you listed, the only one I consider to have any merit is the close win over Cal, as I think Jeff Tedford is currently the best coach in the country. But whether they're Top10 or not is hard to tell since they also play in that pathetic joke of a conference.

So when USC, the most recent greatest-team-of-all-time-who-never-plays-anybody, actually finally plays somebody and gets their silky soft ass whupped up and down the field, be sure to take the time to tell me what an idiot I am again.

Cya

Yep.  :huh:

Provided we win out, I'd rather play Va Tech then USC.

474600[/snapback]

Va Tech, if you haven't watched them play this year, is pretty damn good too. They can score points, plus they have a tough defense also. Having to play Va Tech over USC is no picnic.

Of course, it's a moot point now.

Va Tech, if you haven't watched them play this year, is pretty damn good too.  They can score points, plus they have a tough defense also.  Having to play Va Tech over USC is no picnic.

Of course, it's a moot point now.

476682[/snapback]

Yeah, Va Tech is pretty good.

Now I just hope that WE make it - latest predictions have Va Tech in BCS over us. :/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.