We are Penn State!

/dev/null

Just saw this thread... HEY FOLKS PENN STATE 44 AND GOPHERS 14...

PENN STATE IS LOOKING PRETTY GOOD TO ME AND I AM AND HAVE BEEN A PSU FAN FOR OVER 30 YEARS...living in columbus, Oh I wonder what the thoughts are of PSU playing OSU next weekend...

:w00t:

460705[/snapback]

:lol:

Gophers alumni here... :D

CW

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll eat some crow for my post following the Northwestern game. First time in a long time Penn State has dominated a decent team like they did today. Don't rejoice yet though Penn State fans, the schedule looks brutal down the stretch.

460719[/snapback]

yeah i know better than to let it get to my head. but damn it feels good to see my beloved Nittany Lions at 5-0 :w00t:

Penn State May win one or two more.  I'd like to like Penn State, but Paterno has kept the team in the dark ages.  They just aren't competitve with the cream of the college teams, and they should be.

460811[/snapback]

I got a chance to watch them the last few weeks, and while I know it's gotten bad with Joe P. over the years I thought they had some creative play calling in the last two. In both games they hit on big reverses and did a great job mixing it up.

If they can ever match up those freshman WR's with a great arm this team could be competing for the big ten title in the near future. That is of course if the play calling continues to come from this decade.

BTW I also don't see Penn State winning many more, not against Michigan, Ohio State, or Michigan State at least. The Big Ten is riddled with quality teams this year that’s for sure.

I'd like to like Penn State, but Paterno has kept the team in the dark ages.  They just aren't competitve with the cream of the college teams, and they should be.

460811[/snapback]

The only thing that Paterno does that is holding back State is actually requiring his students to attend and pass classes and not get arrested (how many other programs would suspend an All Conference LB for making prank phone calls)

He doesn't coddle his players, so they go somewhere else where they can get special treatment

WE ARE...

STILL NOT GOING TO COMPETE FOR ANYTHING

460818[/snapback]

When is the last time Texas won a National Title?

When is the last time PSU won a National Title?

Hint: PSU has a more recent title than Texas :w00t:

Double or nothing...How many former players at Texas can spell Nittany without a Speak and Spell?

When is the last time Texas won a National Title?

When is the last time PSU won a National Title?

Hint: PSU has a more recent title than Texas :lol:

Double or nothing...How many former players at Texas can spell Nittany without a Speak and Spell?

460821[/snapback]

When is the last time PSU was ranked 2nd?

When is the last time Texas was ranked 2nd?

I believe the correct answer for Texas is today. :w00t:

I believe the correct answer for Texas is today.  :w00t:

460825[/snapback]

pop quiz! without looking it up, who was ranked #2 in 2000?

don't remember? me neither, and in 2010 nobody else will remember who finished #2 behind USC in 2005

pop quiz! without looking it up, who was ranked #2 in 2000?

don't remember?  me neither, and in 2010 nobody else will remember who finished #2 behind USC in 2005

460829[/snapback]

I'd rather have a shot at winning the Championship this year then to be PSU.

The fact is I don't NEED to do better.  :w00t:

460832[/snapback]

you don't NEED to do better

neither does PSU. They're a bunch of losers in your book, so whatever good they do only improves their standing

Texas on the other hand NEEDS to do better, or nobody will remember them. At least with the Bills 4 Super Bowl losses, everybody knows they were there. Texas on the other hand may end up being yet another pretender to challange USCs claim on the National Title

but try again if you like. i'm 11/12th of the way into my case of Killians. At this point all your base are belong to me. Maybe the 12th time is the charm :lol:

in 2010 nobody else will remember who finished #2 behind USC in 2005

USC hasn't played a Top10 team in about 3 years. As soon as they do we're probably going to see a repeat of them getting their ass handed to them just like we saw when the 'Canes finally had to play a Top10 team like Ohio State for the first time in 3 years.

Cya

I believe the correct answer for Texas is today.  :w00t:

460825[/snapback]

Your ranked 2nd thanks to Tressel and Zwick!

Enjoy your ranking.. Record is what counts.

GO OSU.. next year in Texas is going to be a sweet win for The Ohio State University!

The fact is I don't NEED to do better.  :w00t:

460832[/snapback]

Forgive me if I am wrong.. But history does prove that Texas finds a way to lose thier shot at a title..... Am I correct!

At least Ohio State won their Title!

PS. Just talking smack! If you guys go to the Rose Bowl.. I'm pullin' for ya

just still hurtin' from week two!!! Stupid Zwick!

Your ranked 2nd thanks to Tressel and Zwick!

Enjoy your ranking.. Record is what counts.

GO OSU.. next year in Texas is going to be a sweet win for The Ohio State University!

460850[/snapback]

Never mind that the Chucks will lose NEXT week.

YEAH!

:w00t:

PSU hasn't seen a D even close to that of OSU yet. The speed of the LBs and the D line is going put a lot of pressure on Robinson. Let’s see how he does when he doesn't have all day to throw the ball and the CBs aren't giving 10 yard cushions.

P.S.

I am really, really pumped for this game, it is going to be incredible. I am excited to be a part of the PSU atmosphere everyone is always talking about.

USC hasn't played a Top10 team in about 3 years. As soon as they do we're probably going to see a repeat of them getting their ass handed to them just like we saw when the 'Canes finally had to play a Top10 team like Ohio State for the first time in 3 years.

Cya

460847[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Congrats Simon- We have the idiot comment of the day. Just because you say something, it doesn't make it true.

The following are AP rankings of both teams at the time the game was played-

2005-This year, according to you, the conference road wins (45-13 at #23 Oregon and 38-28 at #14 Arizona State) don't mean much because they weren't Top 10. So let's take a look at the last three years:

2004 (since you said top 10, I'll leave out the 45-7 thrashing of #15 Arizona St.)-

#1 USC 24

#9 Virginia Tech 13

#1 USC 23

#7 Cal 17

#1 USC 55

#2 Oklahoma 19

*Orange Bowl

2003-

#8 USC 23

#10 Auburn 0

#2 USC 28

#4 Michigan 14

*Rose Bowl

#6 USC 44

#7 Notre Dame 13

#5 USC 38

#3 Iowa 17

*Orange Bowl

That appears to be 7-0 vs. Top 10 teams in the last three years, including 3-0 in BCS Bowl Games. Nice post, though. :lol:

PSU hasn't seen a D even close to that of OSU yet. The speed of the LBs and the D line is going put a lot of pressure on Robinson. Let’s see how he does when he doesn't have all day to throw the ball and the CBs aren't giving 10 yard cushions.

P.S.

I am really, really pumped for this game, it is going to be incredible. I am excited to be a part of the PSU atmosphere everyone is always talking about.

461847[/snapback]

I love the 5-0 start, but I don't have a ton of faith in Robinson as a playmaking QB just yet. This will be a very tough test for him. If he does well, I'll start to believe a lot more.

BTW, if OSU's corners decide to press cover Williams, it would be a mistake. I'm not so sure Tressel wants to do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.