Milloy missed practice

Dan III

How the hell does the "official" Web site for the tema put out something like this?

While the Bills and the Falcons began preparation for Sunday’s game (1 p.m., FOX), much of the talk surrounded the players that may not be in uniform. Three Buffalo starters were held out of practice on Wednesday: LB London Fletcher, OT Mike Williams and S Lawyer Milloy. Fletcher is nursing a hamstring injury and Williams is recovering from an ankle injury. Milloy watched from the sideline with what appeared to be a cast on his right wrist.

What, the team doesn't know if it was a cast or not?

That is like the Army's Web site saying "it appears that the 3rd Infantry Divsion corssed into Iraq today." <_<

How the hell does the "official" Web site for the tema put out something like this?

That like the Army's Web site saying "it appears that the 3rd Infantry Divsion corssed into Iraq today."  <_<

449456[/snapback]

Mularkey went on record some weeks back that the team will follow NFL guidelines for reporting injuries but that he won't disclose anything beyond the minimum to prevent the possibility of opponents gaining some sort of advantage.

Mularkey went on record some weeks back that the team will follow NFL guidelines for reporting injuries but that he won't disclose anything beyond the minimum to prevent the possibility of opponents gaining some sort of advantage.

449463[/snapback]

OK, not exactly what I meant by my comments, but I don' think anything other than the mandated injury reports should be put out by the team.

What I was saying is that the Web site is trying to come off like it is a media entity independent of the team. Anything that is on the site (unless it is in a message board or chat setting) can and should be considered an official team announcement.

So, the team just announced that Milloy was out of practice today and wearing a cast. But the verbage makes it sound like that was just the observation of a journalist.

By the way, is such an announcement required?

That is like the Army's Web site saying "it appears that the 3rd Infantry Divsion corssed into Iraq today."  <_<

449456[/snapback]

:lol: Well, maybe he was serving tea and had a towel draped over the arm...

OK, not exactly what I meant by my comments, but I don' think anything other than the mandated injury reports should be put out by the team.

What I was saying is that the Web site is trying to come off like it is a media entity independent of the team. Anything that is on the site (unless it is in a message board or chat setting) can and should be considered an official team announcement.

So, the team just announced that Milloy was out of practice today and wearing a cast. But the verbage makes it sound like that was just the observation of a journalist.

By the way, is such an announcement required?

449483[/snapback]

Disagree. Just because it is on their website doesn't mean it should be considered an official team announcement. That's just ridiculous. Chris Brown has a blog on it that is simply his opinion. It has post game interviews with players that are their opinions and not necessarily the team and organizations. For the MOST part, sure, it is from the team. But we certainly don't want anyone from the organization going through every little line and parsing them just so it comes out for the team as an official stance.

Not to mention that the official site has the message board that makes our Retard Rodeo look like the Mensa Math Olympics.

Disagree. Just because it is on their website doesn't mean it should be considered an official team announcement. That's just ridiculous. Chris Brown has a blog on it that is simply his opinion. It has post game interviews with players that are their opinions and not necessarily the team and organizations. For the MOST part, sure, it is from the team. But we certainly don't want anyone from the organization going through every little line and parsing them just so it comes out for the team as an official stance.

Not to mention that the official site has the message board that makes our Retard Rodeo look like the Mensa Math Olympics.

449531[/snapback]

Our wants and our realities are two different things. Sure, I'd love one more site that offers totally objective coverage of the Bills, but the bottom line is that whoever manages the content on that site works for the Buffalo Bills. If that person or people posts something there that Mr. Wilson, TD, MM, etc., doesn't like, he is gone. To think otherwise is "just ridiculous."

Yup, blame Wire for everything.  Of course you guys did that with Reed as well and is is maybe our MVP, and was for last week absolutely.

449554[/snapback]

Don't forget Lindell. Hey, if the reverse psychology works, ya gotta run with it....

Our wants and our realities are two different things. Sure, I'd love one more site that offers totally objective coverage of the Bills, but the bottom line is that whoever manages the content on that site works for the Buffalo Bills. If that person or people posts something there that Mr. Wilson, TD, MM, etc., doesn't like, he is gone. To think otherwise is "just ridiculous."

449544[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about what i want it to be, I was talking about what it is already. The reality. And it's not just official team stances and propaganda, albeit most of it is. Other team's official sites have a lot of personal editorial coverage than the Bills. Sure, the writers and editors are not going to post anything completely badmouthing the Bills or TD or Ralph, but that doesn't mean they don't do things like watch a practice, see that a player has "what looks like a cast" on, and then mention it on the daily report without having to call TD and say, "Excuse me, Lucifer, I know you're busy, but how should I couch this Milloy injury to confuse and/or piss off the fans?"