This is a tough one, folks.

stuckincincy

Also interesting that one of the biggest liberals on PPP (Campy) chooses to fall back on rules he assumes exist to justify the decision.  I thought that to liberals, rules were to be set aside when they got in the way of doing the right thing.

449575[/snapback]

Campy is a Lib ? LOL !

Express your beliefs but don't throw false labels on fellow posters while emotion overcomes you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The opposing coaches.

The reality is, the only thing that kept him from being taken away in an ambulance in the first three games was the graciousness of his opponents. 

The rest of these entities can play politics and wash their hands of the issue, but when the ball is snapped there is no way anyone - anyone! - can keep him out of harm's way but his opponent.  He cannot be protected on a football field, he can only be avoided.  Since when is the physical well-being of a football player the responsibility of the other team?

449623[/snapback]

Those are good points.

I thought it was ironic that he played for Mount 'Healthy', and was on the 'punt' team.

449491[/snapback]

Mount Healthy attained it's name because the area escaped the influenza pandemic that visited the nation with the returning doughboys of WWI. BTW, the SW Ohio area is quite hilly.

However, some old-timers I've met in local dives (2nd generation old timers to be truthful) said to me that it wasn't miraculous; the farmers there at the time shot on sight if anyone crawled near during the crisis. <_<