What do you know more about than anyone here?

JoeF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Equity and Index Option trading.  Not how to make money at it, but rather how the trading of an exotic option strategy actually gets done, how the positions are margined and theoretical pricing models of the contracts.

449580[/snapback]

So what do you bid for my 2,000 shares of Mesa Offshore Petroleum that's trading at about 1 cent on the pink sheets? <_<

I'll put down a challenge to your star wars movie knowledge...i know more than any healthy human should... <_<

449526[/snapback]

Interesting. I too, am quite scholorly in all things Star Wars. I suspect AJZEPP would want in on our nerd contest as well...

I prefer MALDI, much cheaper.

448745[/snapback]

Too specific for what I do. EI is more universal.

Ramius has bigger magnets....

FiSD...I knew there was someone else out there that did the same thing, I couldn't remember. There's a college guy somewhere too I believe...

not bad...i work in a similar field, NMR, but i'm using it to study the metabolic profile of mesenchymal stem cells (adult stem cells) while they undergo differentiation into cardiomyocytes

448735[/snapback]

Ah, NMR. Never, ever walk into that room without leaving your wallet behind! I once had a pair of forceps fly from my breast pocket across the room and attach itself to the NMR. Lots of fun!

SO I bet you could tell us all about what a wonderful solvent DMSO is... <_<

Ah, NMR. Never, ever walk into that room without leaving your wallet behind! I once had a pair of forceps fly from my breast pocket across the room and attach itself to the NMR. Lots of fun!

SO I bet you could tell us all about what a wonderful solvent DMSO is... <_<

449633[/snapback]

Yah leaving your wallet behind is always advisable...seeing how we are going to be starting our experiments on the 500 MHz soon (11.4T), and maybe one day down the road, doing some on the brand spankin new 900MHz...

taking your wallet inside one of those fields is a quick way to erase all your credit cards, ID's cards, etc. (ask puhonix, hes done that on more than 1 occasion) It looks really cool tho when you dangle your keys and they stick out straight sideways...

Yah leaving your wallet behind is always advisable...seeing how we are going to be starting our experiments on the 500 MHz soon (11.4T), and maybe one day down the road, doing some on the brand spankin new 900MHz...

taking your wallet inside one of those fields is a quick way to erase all your credit cards, ID's cards, etc. (ask puhonix, hes done that on more than 1 occasion) It looks really cool tho when you dangle your keys and they stick out straight sideways...

449654[/snapback]

Didnt know you were going to get to use the 900Mhz. Scientist are lining up to get to use that baby.

And yes, it is true that I have walked into many fields and had to replace cards. I trust cash more, simply because those fields will leave me at a restauarant and leave me with no choice but to let the sweetie pay. Which is actually a pretty damned good scam. <_<

What's really fun is getting on the 45 Tesla Hybrid and watch the scientist fall over carrying metallic non-magnetic items. Gotta love the Eddy Currents.

449654[/snapback]

"Hey look at me! I work with 11.4T magnets!"

Big f'in deal. How many of you have a high-powered laser in the trunk of your car? <_<

"Hey look at me!  I work with 11.4T magnets!"

Big f'in deal.  How many of you have a high-powered laser in the trunk of your car?  <_<

449682[/snapback]

How many of you have a 45 T Magnet. :lol::lol: Seeing as how mine's the only one in the world, I'll take the safe bet and say NO ONE! heh heh.

So, Tell me about this laser, and is it possible to attach to the head of a shark?

How many of you have a 45 T Magnet.  <_<  :lol:  Seeing as how mine's the only one in the world, I'll take the safe bet and say NO ONE! heh heh.

So, Tell me about this laser, and is it possible to attach to the head of a shark?

449708[/snapback]

We tried it on a couple of different penguins, but one just fell over and the other one hit me with a ruler and made me say 8 hail Marys.