It could be worse

Albany,n.y.

lol VA man. chillax out dude. just because a guy has only a fraction of the million and one posts does not mean that his/ her opinion is less valuable than yours. having the 140 post wonders posting as well the 10000 plus post members on here is what makes the board what it is. IMHO i think you are acting more like the departed members than max does.

446992[/snapback]

No but to have 140 posts and come in here twice slamming me is bull sh--, expecially when the turd didn't even friggen read my original post and take it in context.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but to have 140 posts and come in here twice slamming me is bull sh--, expecially when the turd didn't even friggen read my original post and take it in context.

447000[/snapback]

Why do you keep bringing up number of posts?? It doesn't mean anything.

If the expansion Texans had not entered the league in 2002, we would have picked 3rd.  Either Carr or Harrington would have been there at pick 3, and we would have taken the remaining QB.  These guys are in their 4th seasons and neither one of them has shown he can play consistently in the NFL, and they have top 3 contracts.

446806[/snapback]

Take a look at Carr's record - with an expansion franchise. Especially the bombs he has

tossed. Tough times this season, sure.

I'd love to see him in Bill's colors...if HOU said even-up trade Carr for JP... :doh:

Oh look a 140 post wonder who thinks he knows everything. 

Go back to where you came from when you can carry on a conversation without attacking as your only posts.  I think you learned from the folks who are gone from here for acting just like you are.

446973[/snapback]

If posts make you smarter, then what happened to you?

Getting back to the point, VA's basic argument that if JP busts we're in trouble and waste 3 years is pretty accurate. Imagine if TD had succeeded in his original plan on draft day-trading ahead of the Steelers & drafting Roethlisberger. There would be no what if arguments on today's board. I hope we aren't the Jets of the 90's who tried frantically to trade up & draft Favre, but settled for Browning Nagle.

Only time will tell if JP is the answer or not. It looks pretty definite that Carr & Harrington were major reaches at picks 1 & 3 because they were the only QBs (I don't include Ramsey) in a draft that may turn out to be one of the worst for QBs.

However, I stick by my statement that a QB at pick 22 is not as big a risk, salary cap wise as a 1 or 3 in the whole draft.

But, any 1st round QB who doesn't work out is a disaster for the team. Houston, Detroit, & Washington have been paying the price since 2002.

I hope JP hits it big, because if he doesn't were doomed, short term. I think he's more on the Todd Collins schedule where if he doesn't show improvement throughout this season, he's 1 year & done as a starter.

One of the main reasons we got Holcomb was insurance in case JP doesn't make it. I hope we never have to cash in on that "policy", but it is there if we need it.

Here are some excerpts from what I thought before the 2004 draft on JP, and I still feel the same, except for the Roethlisberger part when I thought Roethlisberger would be a top 4 pick with a huge contract, after that I talked about the Jets & Favre/Nagle, I hope that wasn't prophetic about the Roethlisberger/Losman road TD took. :

J.P. Losman is an intriguing prospect due to his arm and athleticism. Scouts vary on him whether he’s the next Brett Favre or the next Cade McNown. Since he will go in the late 1st or early second I’d be willing to take the risk that he’s the next Favre. His busting would be a lot less costly than a team that took Roethlisberger and found him to be a bust.

. At least one pick will be for the future because another QB has to be brought in. I just hope that the team doesn’t repeat a Jets mistake of 1991. The Jets loved Brett Favre & came within one pick of getting him in round 2, after desperate attempts to trade up (they had no #1 that year). When Favre was taken by Atlanta, the Jets still had the need for a QB of the future, they took the next QB on their board, Browning Nagle. If the Bills get into the same spot, say they like Losman and they miss him by a pick or 2, I hope they regroup and forget about a QB of the future and just concentrate on other positions.

Oh look a 140 post wonder who thinks he knows everything. 

All that means is he hasn't had time to firmly entrench himself as the village idiot unlike some people

Go back to where you came from when you can carry on a conversation without attacking as your only posts.  I think you learned from the folks who are gone from here for acting just like you are.

446973[/snapback]

Dude, you need to get the sand out of your vag**a

Getting back to the point, VA's basic argument that if JP busts we're in trouble and waste 3 years is pretty accurate.  Imagine if TD had succeeded in his original plan on draft day-trading ahead of the Steelers & drafting Roethlisberger. There would be no what if arguments on today's board.  I hope we aren't the Jets of the 90's who tried frantically to trade up & draft Favre, but settled for Browning Nagle. 

Only time will tell if JP is the answer or not.  It looks pretty definite that Carr & Harrington were major reaches at picks 1 & 3 because they were the only QBs (I don't include Ramsey) in a draft that may turn out to be one of the worst for QBs. 

However, I stick by my statement that a QB at pick 22 is not as big a risk, salary cap wise as a 1 or 3 in the whole draft. 

But, any 1st round QB who doesn't work out is a disaster for the team.  Houston, Detroit, & Washington have been paying the price since 2002. 

I hope JP hits it big, because if he doesn't were doomed, short term.  I think he's more on the Todd Collins schedule where if he doesn't show improvement throughout this season, he's 1 year & done as a starter. 

One of the main reasons we got Holcomb was insurance in case JP doesn't make it.  I hope we never have to cash in on that "policy", but it is there if we need it. 

Here are some excerpts from what I thought before the 2004 draft on JP, and I still feel the same, except for the Roethlisberger part when I thought Roethlisberger would be a top 4 pick with a huge contract, after that I talked about the Jets & Favre/Nagle, I hope that wasn't prophetic about the Roethlisberger/Losman road TD took. :

J.P. Losman is an intriguing prospect due to his arm and athleticism.  Scouts vary on him whether he’s the next Brett Favre or the next Cade McNown.  Since he will go in the late 1st or early second I’d be willing to take the risk that he’s the next Favre.  His busting would be a lot less costly than a team that took Roethlisberger and found him to be a bust. 

.  At least one pick will be for the future because another QB has to be brought in.  I just hope that the team doesn’t repeat a Jets mistake of 1991.  The Jets loved Brett Favre & came within one pick of getting him in round 2, after desperate attempts to trade up (they had no #1 that year).  When Favre was taken by Atlanta, the Jets still had the need for a QB of the future, they took the next QB on their board, Browning Nagle.  If the Bills get into the same spot, say they like Losman and they miss him by a pick or 2, I hope they regroup and forget about a QB of the future and just concentrate on other positions.

447024[/snapback]

Yes, Albany...JP was an intriguing pick. But not comparable to picking Carr IMO.

JP - I hope will work out. But as we both know, it's gonna be the classic case of "time will tell".

Yes, Albany...JP was an intriguing pick. But not comparable to picking Carr IMO.

JP  - I hope will work out. But as we both know, it's gonna be the classic case of "time will tell".

447080[/snapback]

I too agree with FFS analysis, and was stating in a novel my point in this thread.

Anyone who has paid attention knows that before the season I have been anti-JP but have been his biggest supporter and proponent since. I firmly believe we have much bigger issues then JP. However, in a 3 year timeframe JP could turn out to be a much worse pick for us, and in addition as I have tried to point out, we lose three more years of no playoffs. This could be even worse if the team starts to lose fan support and Ralph dies in that timeframe. It would make the movement of the Bills much easier in the eyes of the NFL. And for this reason alone, I have pledged my support to JP.

The coaches on the otherhand don't get a free pass this year. :doh:

I too agree with FFS analysis, and was stating in a novel my point in this thread. 

Anyone who has paid attention knows that before the season I have been anti-JP but have been his biggest supporter and proponent since.  I firmly believe we have much bigger issues then JP.  However, in a 3 year timeframe JP could turn out to be a much worse pick for us, and in addition as I have tried to point out, we lose three more years of no playoffs.  This could be even worse if the team starts to lose fan support and Ralph dies in that timeframe.  It would make the movement of the Bills much easier in the eyes of the NFL.  And for this reason alone, I have pledged my support to JP. 

The coaches on the otherhand don't get a free pass this year.  :D

447089[/snapback]

You're so dreamy. :doh:

Getting back to the point, VA's basic argument that if JP busts we're in trouble and waste 3 years is pretty accurate.  Imagine if TD had succeeded in his original plan on draft day-trading ahead of the Steelers & drafting Roethlisberger. There would be no what if arguments on today's board.  I hope we aren't the Jets of the 90's who tried frantically to trade up & draft Favre, but settled for Browning Nagle. 

Only time will tell if JP is the answer or not.  It looks pretty definite that Carr & Harrington were major reaches at picks 1 & 3 because they were the only QBs (I don't include Ramsey) in a draft that may turn out to be one of the worst for QBs. 

But, any 1st round QB who doesn't work out is a disaster for the team.  Houston, Detroit, & Washington have been paying the price since 2002. 

I hope JP hits it big, because if he doesn't were doomed, short term.  I think he's more on the Todd Collins schedule where if he doesn't show improvement throughout this season, he's 1 year & done as a starter. 

One of the main reasons we got Holcomb was insurance in case JP doesn't make it.  I hope we never have to cash in on that "policy", but it is there if we need it. 

J.P. Losman is an intriguing prospect due to his arm and athleticism.  Scouts vary on him whether he’s the next Brett Favre or the next Cade McNown.  Since he will go in the late 1st or early second I’d be willing to take the risk that he’s the next Favre.  His busting would be a lot less costly than a team that took Roethlisberger and found him to be a bust. 

.  At least one pick will be for the future because another QB has to be brought in.  I just hope that the team doesn’t repeat a Jets mistake of 1991.  The Jets loved Brett Favre & came within one pick of getting him in round 2, after desperate attempts to trade up (they had no #1 that year).  When Favre was taken by Atlanta, the Jets still had the need for a QB of the future, they took the next QB on their board, Browning Nagle.  If the Bills get into the same spot, say they like Losman and they miss him by a pick or 2, I hope they regroup and forget about a QB of the future and just concentrate on other positions.

447024[/snapback]

Well if we are going to just talk about teams wasting picks on qbs then we need to go no further than our own home team...

1: 2nd rd pick in 95 Todd Collins

2: Trade a First and a fourth rd pick for Rob Johnson

3: Trade a First for Drew Bledsoe

4: Trade another first FOr JP Losman

In other words 10 yrs later we have spent 3 first rd picks 1 2nd rd pick and 1 fourth rd pick and alls we have to show for it is a very young and very raw qb with a whole lot of potential..It seems to me we would be a whole lot better off looking for a Rich Gannon type or a Trent Dilfer type of qb rather than wasting some valuable picks on some if come maybe...Just my opinion