And for his next trick......

Simon

The next time JP Losman will be presented with such an impossible situation will be....... well, we have no idea because it simply has not been scheduled yet. No more difficult a task will be set before him this year, possibly for a long time even after that and maybe even throughout the rest of his career.

Yes, he played scared and poorly; but he didn't turn the ball over once which allowed his team to hang around until well into the 4th qrtr, even though they were getting their asses kicked over most of the field. And from what I understand he also finished the day well.

They spent the week paying attention to their gardeners and neighbors who told them how great they were. Then they took a wake-up ass-kicking in a very tough road game, but from an NFC team that won't hurt them in the all-important postseason tiebreakers. Neither a good day nor an unexpected one, but a day that's nice to be past.

The next time JP Losman will be presented with such an impossible situation will be....... well, we have no idea because it simply has not been scheduled yet. No more difficult a task will be set before him this year, possibly for a long time even after that and maybe even throughout the rest of his career.

445846[/snapback]

Huh? :doh::unsure:

What situation are you referring to?

Just saying that he's not going to have a tougher test than that in the foreseeable future.

445849[/snapback]

Possibly. JP did not play well today against a defense that the pundits said typically confuses young QBs. I suspect that playing on the road in Foxboro may present a similar challenge to him. :doh:

Hopefully by then he'll have progressed to the point where he won't telegraph his throws so much, because if he hasn't the Patsies and their infamous "genius" HC will design a defense that eats him up. It'll be a challenge for him regardless.

Go Balls!

JP almost turned the ball over twice in the 1st half. The passes he threw hit the Bucs cornerbacks right in the numbers and they both dropped them. Both of the passes could've been 6 points for the bucs defense. It was very very close to being even worse for him yesterday.

JP almost turned the ball over twice in the 1st half. The passes he threw hit the Bucs cornerbacks right in the numbers and they both dropped them. Both of the passes could've been 6 points for the bucs defense. It was very very close to being even worse for him yesterday.

445878[/snapback]

TB did a good job of jumping our routes. That wasn't necessarily JP's fault. :doh:

Dude... JP had a poor game, but the defense gave up 100+ yards to a rookie and ultimately 17 points to an ofense that won't scare too many defenses. I said it once and I'll say it again. By not adequately replacing Pat Williams, Sam Adams is not close to the same player... and this belief that Ron Edwards is gonna step up to the plate is pure fantasy. You can expect teams to gash the Bills with more and more regularity as the season goes on. They are softer in the middle than they've been in the last couple of years.

Dude... JP had a poor game, but the defense gave up 100+ yards to a rookie and ultimately 17 points to an ofense that won't scare too many defenses.  I said it once and I'll say it again.  By not adequately replacing Pat Williams, Sam Adams is not close to the same player... and this belief that Ron Edwards is gonna step up to the plate is pure fantasy.  You can expect teams to gash the Bills with more and more regularity as the season goes on. They are softer in the middle than they've been in the last couple of years.

445911[/snapback]

They shut him down early. If we had a built a lead (or even scored) the D would have held him. It's similar to what happened against the Steelers with Pat.

Yes, he played scared and poorly; but he didn't turn the ball over once which allowed his team to hang around until well into the 4th qrtr, even though they were getting their asses kicked over most of the field. And from what I understand he also finished the day well.

They spent the week paying attention to their gardeners and neighbors who told them how great they were. Then they took a wake-up ass-kicking in a very tough road game, but from an NFC team that won't hurt them in the all-important postseason tiebreakers. Neither a good day nor an unexpected one, but a day that's nice to be past.

445846[/snapback]

Actually, w/ the current status of the salary-cap era NFL, you can never be sure. Some team whose defense looked poor last season (Indianapolis, for instance) just may make the correct moves to get over the hump and become a much better unit.

JP was put in a "near impossible" situation when he was asked to pass the ball on third-and-long from the one. I don't blame him for what happened there (he rolled out right into the teeth of an overload blitz).

However, one thing does concern me: accuracy, which can't be taught. I know JP was superbly accurate at Tulane, but I also understand that he'd have entire games where he'd have no accuracy whatsoever (the Senior Bowl comes to mind). Accuracy is a huge issue - if the kid can't remain accurate under pressure, he's gonna be another Joey Harrington. The jury is still out...

Also, you're right about the Bucs representing a unique challenge. That's good news and bad news. Good news because there won't be too many more games like that this year. Bad news because, if the Bills do make the playoffs (big "if"), that's what they should expect to face - and they better be ready then.

Actually, w/ the current status of the salary-cap era NFL, you can never be sure.  Some team whose defense looked poor last season (Indianapolis, for instance) just may make the correct moves to get over the hump and become a much better unit.

445921[/snapback]

While somebody may become a much better unit, there's no way Losman is going to face the same kind of deadly combination at the front4 and on the corners that he saw yesterday. Being apply to apply pressure backed up by that kind of coverage is a rare asset for a modern NFL defense.

Bad news because, if the Bills do make the playoffs (big "if"), that's what they should expect to face -

If the Bills make the playoffs, JP won't be going into the game with a grand total of 1 game of experience under his belt. In addition, I don't see any other team in the AFC sporting that kind of talent up front and on the corners.

445878[/snapback]

Three times in the first half. Brooks, Kelly and Barber all should have had 6. Yes I rewatched the game after it was over.

While somebody may become a much better unit, there's no way Losman is going to face the same kind of deadly combination at the front4 and on the corners that he saw yesterday. Being apply to apply pressure backed up by that kind of coverage is a rare asset for a modern NFL defense.

445928[/snapback]

After 2 weeks, here's the teams that have looked pretty good defensively that Losman and company will face:

Atlanta

Miami (twice)

New England (twice)

Kansas City

Carolina

Denver

Cincinnati

Thank goodness Losman has the advantage of being @ home for 6 of those games. Now, are any of those teams legendary defenses? Probably not, but based on what I've seen from the Bills, all can pose big problems for our offense.

After 2 weeks, here's the teams that have looked pretty good defensively that Losman and company will face:

Atlanta

Miami (twice)

New England (twice)

Kansas City

Carolina

Denver

Cincinnati

Thank goodness Losman has the advantage of being @ home for 6 of those games.  Now, are any of those teams legendary defenses?  Probably not, but based on what I've seen from the Bills, all can pose big problems for our offense.

445955[/snapback]

NE's D didn't look so hot yesterday.

Denver? you must be joking.

And I'm no so sure Cinci's is all that good, either.

445959[/snapback]

NE defense did a good job yesterday. Their offense just turned it over too much.

Cincys defense is pretty damn good.

Denver seemed to have a good game yesterday, but I agree with you here.,

445959[/snapback]

You're right, Joe. What would possibly make me think NE's defense is any good.

No joke w/ Denver. Their front seven is all about speed, something Losman will have to get a better handle on after watching yesterday's game.

Well, Cincy did keep the opponent to a mere 77 yards rushing, forced 2 fumbles, and had 5 INTs. Then again, it was the Vikings, right?

445846[/snapback]

how many 3 and outs did we have in the first half? how many first downs did we have, before the final drive of the 1st half??

the defense was confusing him. each throw was inaccurate. i might be able to believe that he was throwing away from the defender, but come on.

and why throw to reed????? all i knwo is that we could not run the ball. and every time we tried to throw it was almost intercepted.

where was our D? williams ran ALL OVER US!!!!! so much for stopping the run.