Minnesota will be a better club

Thailog80

I bought into that philosophy too.  :doh:

Never mind Moss, what about all the money the Vikings spent to beef up their defense?  :angry:  :D

445374[/snapback]

Mhm ... no matter what someone tells you, you will NEVER EVER EVER get better when you lose a huge star player who is the best in the league at his position.

Are the 49ers better since Owens left? Maybe in the locker room, but not on the field.

What would you pick?

1 - Fights in the locker room but WINS on the field

- or -

2 - Peace in the locker room and LOSS's on the field

I dont know about you, but I would take option #1

just my opinion

In my opinion it's not so much the loss of Moss as it is the loss of last year's OC, Scott Linehan. He had them running the O quite smoothly when Moss was out. Wiggins was a great safety valve for Dante. The new guy (was their OL Coach) is in over his head. Teddy's D suffered for the same reason our D suffered today is because they were out on the field too long.

All off season?

Looks it doesn't it?  :angry:

37-8 today by the Bengals. Culpepper FIVE turnovers.

445369[/snapback]

Minnie was just terrible. The B'gals had an 86 yard td run by Chris Perry called back, Palmer threw an int into the EZ at the Vike 10 or so, and 2 lost fumbles by Culpepper were nullified by Bengal penalties.

And Tice is daffy. The Vikes scored a late TD with about 2 and a half minutes left. Down 37 to 8, they try an on-side kick. Edinger kicks about 5 yards, and they were off-sides, too. Cincinnati ball on the 30 or so.

So they hand off, moving the ball down to the 18 or so, and with 2:11 left, Tice calls a time out.

Amazing...

Minnesota will be a better club without Mike Tice. He's not going to last the season if this keeps going on.

Good news is Ted Cottrell will probably be the interim coach & could keep the job if the team picks up its play under him.

My over/under on Tice is after 4 games, because their bye is in week 5.

I didnt buy that Minnesota would be better off without Moss but I did beleive Minnesota would have a great defense this year. They add Smoot, Phat Pat, Napoleon Harris, Cowart, Sharper to a team that already had Winfield, Udeze, Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson, etc. Then they give up over 500 yards to the Bengals today. They look great on paper