Tradeable Bill = Clements

Mark VI

TWO BILLS DRIVE the new home of the FAIR WEATHER FAN. I love how some fans just choose to make up things based off of the latest game. Eric Moulds fumbles and drops passes too much? LOL. The guy is a 9 year veteran and has 9 career fumbles. Where are the dropped passes? I didn't see any? He played last year on a torn groin and now in his first game back being healthy he had 8 catches and a TD. Are you kidding in your post or are you being serious?

I would continue to flame away but if you honestly believe all the stuff you posted there is no point.

33635[/snapback]

Not only that, but it is now apparent based on some recent articles that he had his hand stepped on early in the game and he thinks it contributed to the fumble. He also thinks the guy who stepped on his hand did it deliberately. Boy, if that's the case, I'd sure love to be able to confirm it by game film and get him back somehow. Unfortunately, we don't get to play against the assclown again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWO BILLS DRIVE the new home of the FAIR WEATHER FAN. I love how some fans just choose to make up things based off of the latest game. Eric Moulds fumbles and drops passes too much? LOL. The guy is a 9 year veteran and has 9 career fumbles. Where are the dropped passes? I didn't see any? He played last year on a torn groin and now in his first game back being healthy he had 8 catches and a TD. Are you kidding in your post or are you being serious?

I would continue to flame away but if you honestly believe all the stuff you posted there is no point.

33635[/snapback]

Couldn't have said it better myself Check D !!

From Clumpy's Latest Salary Cap Report

If he doesn't step up this year & start to show dominance, he will be asked to take a pay cut IMO...if he refuses, he could end up like Ruben. Definitely a crossroads year for MW.

33392[/snapback]

With regard to the Mike Williams info, it appears that Clumpy was actually discussing only 2005 in the cited thread, so no errors on his part. Anyway, that does not change my analysis for 2005, which would cost the Bills $2.6 Million in cap space to cut him before the roster bonus is due.

His two-part signing bonus amortizes at the rate of $2.1 million per year.  If he is released prior to paying him his roster bonus (assuming that it is due like Feb or March of next year), you save the roster bonus plus his salary which equals $3,726,875.  However, because there would be three years remaining on his contract, the cap gets hit with his unamortized bonus of $6.3 Million.  That means that cutting him to save the salary and roster bonus will actually COST us almost $2.6 Million in cap space for 2005!

33670[/snapback]

I didn't know MW has THREE years left on his contract!

Back in 2002, TD gave him a 6-year deal??? :huh:

As always, good cap info BB.

What do you have on Moulds in 05 in terms of  his salary cap figure and pro-rated bonus numbers?

33349[/snapback]

Well Bill, I'm sure Clump has probably done this already, but his salaries for the remaining years of his contract are 2004 4245000; 2005 5500000; 2006 6089000.

I'm not sure if there are any escalators or roster bonuses included. I HOPE NOT!

According to Clumpy, Eric's cap number for 2005 is $8.5 Million. Based strictly on salary and signing bonus as published ($12.5 Million), it would be $7.6 Million. However, there may be workout/roster bonuses etc. that Clumpy knows about through his arduous research.

In any event, the Bills could save at the very least about $1.5 Million in cap space next season (and over $6 Million in 2006) if he is traded before June 1. If after June 1, the bonus amortization is eaten over two seasons and the 2005 savings becomes $4.4 Million in 2004 and about $4 Million in 2006.

I suspect that there will be an extension done next season that will make him a Bill for another couple 2-3 years beyond 2006 that will reduce his cap impact for 2005, 2006.

Two years is much more easier to swallow than three years as you posted earlier... :huh:

I suspect that there will be an extension done next season that will make him a Bill for another couple 2-3 years beyond 2006 that will reduce his cap impact for 2005, 2006.

33754[/snapback]

He has to perform first...I think pay cut ala Drew instead of extension makes more sense based on what he's shown thus far.

I think all bets are off if JJ stays healthy & has a monster year.

Two years is much more easier to swallow than three years as you posted earlier... :huh:

He has to perform first...I think pay cut ala Drew instead of extension makes more sense based on what he's shown thus far.

I think all bets are off if JJ stays healthy & has a monster year.

33806[/snapback]

Well, in a sense Drew's was an extension that also conceded some money. I am not at all opposed to Eric taking a pay cut while he's at it LOL!

The only think that makes that tough is that Moulds accepted a contract that was under market at the time. I haven't done much research lately as to what top WRs are making nor have I attempted to see how I would rank Eric within that group, but I suspect that the money he is scheduled to earn is probably not that much more than he would expect to get elsewhere.

moulds will restructure if his cap hit is as high as you say it is. Clements hit is not bad at all, the last yr of his rookie contract, if anything I want his contract extended, and I expect it will be, because he is the closest thing to a shut down corner we have. With some more maturity, and experience he will only get better. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcgee get locked up as well. Drew, I agree with after this season, maybe after next. Hes very expensive without the results. I would like to see moulds and clements stick around. 2 of the best players on this team.

Reality makes such a difference here that while it is somewhat educational to talk 2005 contract possibilities, it is simply dumb to advocate anything as the performance of players in 2004 (folks may or may not be right in their predictions so predict away but generally so what) and the occrence of injuries in 2004 (which none of us can predict or control) will determine what is more or less intelligent to do in 2005.

If Moulds turns his performance around and catches two TDs in every game from here on out, then pay him whatever it takes to keep him. If he fumbles in the redzone every game then let him go. If he gets hurt like Reed got hurt in his contract year then renegotiate his deal or let him go.

Understanding football and the cap is certainly a great thing in terms of a brief post which lays out possibilities but probably does not breed much response besides the great thanks folks give to clumpy for his cap work. However, advocacy of what we should do with the Moulds contract in 2005 are pretty silly.