Al Edwards

BenchBledsoe

As a So Cal native, I was just talking with some buddies about a Bills-Raiders game we attended at the L.A. Coliseum way back in the Bills Superbowl years.

Al Edwards had a kickoff return of about 94 yds for a TD that day, and Norwood won it late or in O.T. after struggling mightily with misses that day.

But, I cannot remember the exact year. can anyone help me out with this?

As a So Cal native, I was just talking with some buddies about a Bills-Raiders game we attended at the L.A. Coliseum way back in the Bills Superbowl years.

Al Edwards had a kickoff return of about 94 yds for a TD that day, and Norwood won it late or in O.T. after struggling mightily with misses that day.

443246[/snapback]

1991 Norwood's career was obviously over that day. He was only with the Bills one more season...

1991  Norwood's career was obviously over that day. He was only with the Bills one more season...

443263[/snapback]

anyone have that game on VHS?

btw, Fez, if you read this, I've got a few games on VHS you might be interested in converting to DVD

443246[/snapback]

December 8, 1991

1st quarter - Bills trailing 10-0

Al Edwards returns a KO 91 yards for a 10-6 score - first one since Chris Brown did one in 1978.

His only NFL TD

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players....70?OpenDocument

Kelly hit Lofton for a nine yard score with 1:00 left to tie the game

The Raiders got the ball first but Mark Kelso intercepted and a 31 yard Kelly to Reed pass set up Norowood's winning 42- yard kick

85.081 attended in The Collesium

This was the year after the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 in the 1990 AFC Championship game. The year was 1991 and the Bills were down 27-13 in the 4th quarter. Kelly led the Bills back to tie.

This was after Norwood had missed mutiple FG's and barely made the tying extra point.

Norwood missed one FG in OT and finally Jay Schroeder threw a pick on a deep pass to Willie Gualt which was picked by Nate Odoms.

Kelly led the Bills into FG range one more time and Norwood finally won it for the Bills 30-27.

443246[/snapback]

anyone have that game on VHS?

btw, Fez, if you read this, I've got a few games on VHS you might be interested in converting to DVD

443276[/snapback]

When I was very young, I can still recollect being at the L.A. Coliseum in 1974 (I believe. . . maybe 1975) and watching O.J. Simpson run against the Los Angeles Rams of Jack Youngblood, Jim Youngblood, Fred Dryer, (maybe Isaiah Robertson too.) I remember that O.J. fumbled down near the Ram goalline, but Buffalo recovered in the endzone for a TD. I believe that the Rams won 19-14.

If anyone can confirm this old stuff, you'd officially be my hero. . .

I was at the game, and couldn't believe we came back to pull that game out ..

Oh ... and the RAIDER fans were totally beside themselves with Jay Schroeder, who they all blamed for the loss, most of them

were literally talkin' and moaning to themselves about him whilie exiting the Coliseum ...

What a game !

;)

When I was very young, I can still recollect being at the L.A. Coliseum in 1974 (I believe. . . maybe 1975) and watching O.J. Simpson run against the Los Angeles Rams of Jack Youngblood, Jim Youngblood, Fred Dryer, (maybe Isaiah Robertson too.) I remember that O.J. fumbled down near the Ram goalline, but Buffalo recovered in the endzone for a TD. I believe that the Rams won 19-14.

443310[/snapback]

Anyone have anything on this?

443310[/snapback]

December 15, 1974

Bills score first 6-0 after OJ fumbles in the end zone but Ahmad Rashad recovers for the goal. Ex-Bill James Harris led the Rams to their first TD of the game later to be replaced by Ron Jaworski who scored on a one-yard run.

Fergy hit JD Hill for a pretty 55-yard TD but the horrid Bills defense of that era could not stop the Rams at the end of the game and the Bills lost.

the Bills still qualified for the playoffs (first appearence since 1966) and played the next Sunday at Three Rivers but were no match for Bradshaw's Steelers

December 15, 1974

Bills score first 6-0 after OJ fumbles in the end zone but Ahmad Rashad recovers for the goal.  Ex-Bill James Harris led the Rams to their first TD of the game later to be replaced by Ron Jaworski who scored on a one-yard run.

Fergy hit JD Hill for a pretty 55-yard TD but the horrid Bills defense of that era could not stop the Rams at the end of the game and the Bills lost.

the Bills still qualified for the playoffs (first appearence since 1966) and played the next Sunday at Three Rivers but were no match for Bradshaw's Steelers

443324[/snapback]

I vaguely in my mind's eye can remember and picture some of this!!! Incredible! Well, like I said, dear sir, you are officially my hero now!. . .

Got anything on the 1983 Bills-Rams game at "The Big A" in Anaheim where the Bills lost 41-17 (I think). I think Fergy hit Byron Franklin for a first half TD. But threw three picks in the game? And Eric Dickerson ran for over 100 yds. that day.

I vaguely in my mind's eye can remember and picture some of this!!! Incredible! Well, like I said, dear sir, you are officially my hero now!. . .

Got anything on the 1983 Bills-Rams game at "The Big A" in Anaheim where the Bills lost 41-17 (I think). I think Fergy hit Byron Franklin for a first half TD. But threw three picks in the game? And Eric Dickerson ran for over 100 yds. that day.

443349[/snapback]

Buy this book

December 8, 1991

1st quarter - Bills trailing 10-0

Al Edwards returns a KO  91 yards for a 10-6 score - first one since Chris Brown did one in 1978.

His only NFL TD

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players....70?OpenDocument

Kelly hit Lofton for a nine yard score with 1:00 left to tie the game

The Raiders got the ball first but Mark Kelso intercepted and a 31 yard Kelly to Reed  pass set up Norowood's winning 42- yard kick

85.081 attended in The Collesium

443299[/snapback]

Actually it was Curtis Brown in 1978 ... and it was definitely not Al Edwards' only NFL touchdown, that same year he caught about a 50-yarder from Kelly against the Bears ...