Fantasy Advice

stevestojan

OK, last week I made oe of the all-time great fantasy moves of all time. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back. Knowing my #1 overall pick, Dominik Davis would be playing the best Defense in the league, I sat him, and picked up one Willie Parker. So my starters were Ahman Green and Willie Parker. People in my league laughed. I was the one laughing after Willie tore sh-- up.

ANYWAY (had to let you all know the basis of my fantasy greatness before asking for help), i have a strong feeling old Willie is gonna have a SHARP dropoff this week against the Texans. Would you start him, or Dominik Davis? Again, Davis is my #1 overall, but he is now playing the Steelers defense.

My other back is the injured Duce Staley.

Also, my weakest point on my team is QB. I have Pennington, and Carr. Who would you start this week?

OK, last week I made oe of the all-time great fantasy moves of all time. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back. Knowing my #1 overall pick, Dominik Davis would be playing the best Defense in the league, I sat him, and picked up one Willie Parker.  So my starters were Ahman Green and Willie Parker. People in my league laughed. I was the one laughing after Willie tore sh-- up.

ANYWAY (had to let you all know the basis of my fantasy greatness before asking for help), i have a strong feeling old Willie is gonna have a SHARP dropoff this week against the Texans.  Would you start him, or Dominik Davis? Again, Davis is my #1 overall, but he is now playing the Steelers defense.

My other back is the injured Duce Staley.

Also, my weakest point on my team is QB. I have Pennington, and Carr.  Who would you start this week?

441296[/snapback]

You continue to prove again and again why you are a hero to so many. All hail Steve! 0:)

ps--if that's your idea of a fantasy...you got big problems.

Willie b/c Davis is going to get beat on again, and Pennigton. Is there anyone on waiver for QB that could be a more viable option?

441299[/snapback]

Yeah, my QB situation is hurting. My straegy going in was to be the LAST guy to pick a QB. I'm in a 14 man league. My roster:

Pennington

Carr

D. Davis

D. Staley

A. Green

W. Parker

Joe Horn

Steve Smith

Keyshawn

Randy McMichael

Bubba Franks

Adam Vinatieri

Jets Defense/ST

It was a 14 round draft, I only stuck around for 12 rounds. (then last week picked up parker). THe draft was 9 guys present, and 5 via telephone. 6 hours in, I had to leave, thus I don't have a backup Defense or Kicker.

But as far as F/A QB's available? Frerotte is about the best.*

*please note, that will be the last time the words Gus Frerotte and 'best' will ever be used in the same sentence.

Yeah, my QB situation is hurting. My straegy going in was to be the LAST guy to pick a QB. I'm in a 14 man league. My roster:

Pennington

Carr

D. Davis

D. Staley

A. Green

W. Parker

Joe Horn

Steve Smith

Keyshawn

Randy McMichael

Bubba Franks

Adam Vinatieri

Jets Defense/ST

It was a 14 round draft, I only stuck around for 12 rounds. (then last week picked up parker). THe draft was 9 guys present, and 5 via telephone. 6 hours in, I had to leave, thus I don't have a backup Defense or Kicker.

But as far as F/A QB's available? Frerotte  is about the best.*

*please note, that will be the last time the words Gus Frerotte and 'best' will ever be used in the same sentence.

441328[/snapback]

Wow.. Adding Gus is an upgrade with what you're telling us you got. Jets? C'mon honestly... there's got to be another team to pick up on waivers.

I'm thinking of picking up Anthony Wright and just throwing him out there this week. He's starting for Boller, vs Tenn this week, whose defense blows (at least their secondary).

Also, for someone who said "There has to be a better defense out there?" My league has 6 F/A defenses. The rest are signed. I might go with Detroits.

I'm thinking of picking up Anthony Wright and just throwing him out there this week. He's starting for Boller, vs Tenn this week, whose defense blows (at least their secondary). 

Also, for someone who said "There has to be a better defense out there?" My league has 6 F/A defenses. The rest are signed. I might go with Detroits.

441350[/snapback]

It's your call but I'd take Wright over Pennington in this matchup. I went with Detroit's D this week. Even if that D is overrated Chicago's O is not going anywhere.

Dominic Davis was your number 1 pick and then you backed that up with Ahman Green? 0:)B-)

I smell a 1-11 record unless you find another fluke week 2 player.

441375[/snapback]

My crystal ball failed miserably during the draft, and i picked Duce Staley

And, it's a 14 man league.. couldn't get Peyton, Ladanian, Randy Moss, Bills D, etc... ike some of these 6 man leagues assemble.

Pennington

Carr

D. Davis

D. Staley

A. Green

W. Parker

Joe Horn

Steve Smith

Keyshawn

Randy McMichael

Bubba Franks

Adam Vinatieri

Jets Defense/ST

441328[/snapback]

What about Brunell? ...Also McNabb might be out this week - You could take his backup....I'm too lazy to look it up.

Pennington

Carr

D. Davis

D. Staley

A. Green

W. Parker

Joe Horn

Steve Smith

Keyshawn

Randy McMichael

Bubba Franks

Adam Vinatieri

Jets Defense/ST

441328[/snapback]

Damn funny man!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.