Name your 5 favorite shows on TV

Pete

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0:)

Too bad there aren't 20 shows worth watching.  There aren't even five -- if you'll notice I had to go back to the '90s to fill out my list!

But I did have time to go to Myrtle Beach last weekend for golf and fun!  :(

438440[/snapback]

You didn't invite me. Bastard.

well, i'd recommend Lost, but you really need to see basically every one.

If you want some decent quality TV that you can watch sporadically, I'd really recommend HOUSE.

438452[/snapback]

I've caught that a couple times, not bad. I can't keep up with series.

So you enjoy making fun of people who put their life on the line for your saftey?  Pat Tillman would be so proud.   :(

438435[/snapback]

Let me tell you my last 11 experiences with police the past 2 years.

1- I live in a small town and was riding my bike at 3AM and a car was driving down the wrong side of a road on the other side of a jersey barrier. I waved my arms and flagged the car to let him know he was going the wrong way. It turned out to be a State Police officer. He got out of the car and started screaming at me "do you have a problem?!" I said "I am trying to prevent an accident and you were driving the wrong way" Tough guy hopped in his cruiser and sped off.

2-I was biking home in the middle of the night and going over a highway overpass with an exit ramp on my right. I had the green light. Two State Police officers ran the red light probably doing 70 miles an hour and damn near hit me on my bike.

3-I was coming from my friend house in the middle of the night by bike and pretty hammered. There is a Mcdonalds on the highway by me and you can cut thru using a parking lot and a path in the woods. I cut thru the parking lot and there is a car there. I have a HID light which is bright as hell on my bike. I turned on the high beam and it was a cop sleeping. He woke up and came after me and turned his blues on. He said "where are you coming from" "my friends" -"whos your friend" -"none of your business" He didnt like that response and got all indignent. I then interjected "what were you doing- sleeping?" The cop muttered something then drove off.

4-I work in a restauraunt and an older couple that comes in all the time were there. They have been together over 50 years. The woman had a heart attack and we called 911. The husband was hysterical. Toughguy police officer said shut up or I will take you to jail to the old man.

5-11 I have been chased by a large dog from the same address 6 times the past year. I have called the police 6 times to no avail. I keep a log and call animal control too since I know the police wont do anything. Thank God for Animal Control. The last time I spoke with the police the officer told me "dont pepper spray it when it comes after you- you could get sued" :( Then the brainiac told me to find a different route :lol: Thats great. I will avoid being attacked by the dog but other riders (kids, mothers, etc) could get mauled because the problem is not being addressed.

Your right I should respect these idiots. I am sure Pat Tillman would hold these clowns in high regard too 0:)

Let me tell you my last 11 experiences with police the past 2 years.

1- I live in a small town and was riding my bike at 3AM and a car was driving down the wrong side of a road on the other side of a jersey barrier.  I waved my arms and flagged the car to let him know he was going the wrong way.  It turned out to be a State Police officer.  He got out of the car and started screaming at me "do you have a problem?!"  I said "I am trying to prevent an accident and you were driving the wrong way"  Tough guy hopped in his cruiser and sped off.

2-I was biking home in the middle of the night and going over a highway overpass with an exit ramp on my right.  I had the green light.  Two State Police officers ran the red light probably doing 70 miles an hour and damn near hit me on my bike.

3-I was coming from my friend house in the middle of the night by bike and pretty hammered.  There is a Mcdonalds on the highway by me and you can cut thru using a parking lot and a path in the woods.  I cut thru the parking lot and there is a car there.  I have a HID light which is bright as hell on my bike.  I turned on the high beam and it was a cop sleeping.  He woke up and came after me and turned his blues on.  He said "where are you coming from" "my friends" -"whos your friend"  -"none of your business"  He didnt like that response and got all indignent.  I then interjected "what were you doing- sleeping?"  The cop muttered something then drove off.

4-I work in a restauraunt and an older couple that comes in all the time were there.  They have been together over 50 years.  The woman had a heart attack and we called 911.  The husband was hysterical.  Toughguy police officer said shut up or I will take you to jail to the old man.

5-11  I have been chased by a large dog from the same address 6 times the past year.  I have called the police 6 times to no avail.  I keep a log and call animal control too since I know the police wont do anything.  Thank God for Animal Control.  The last time I spoke with the police the officer told me "dont pepper spray it when it comes after you- you could get sued"  :(  Then the brainiac told me to find a different route  :(  Thats great.  I will avoid being attacked by the dog but other riders (kids, mothers, etc) could get mauled because the problem is not being addressed. 

Your right I should respect these idiots.  I am sure Pat Tillman would hold these clowns in high regard too  0:)

438468[/snapback]

You're riding your bike in the middle of the night "pretty hammered" and you've got a problem with the police questioning you? And then you tell him it's none of your business? I think it's you with the problem, not the police.

You're riding your bike in the middle of the night "pretty hammered" and you've got a problem with the police questioning you?  And then you tell him it's none of your business?  I think it's you with the problem, not the police.

438472[/snapback]

I have a problem with a policeman sleeping on the job. Probably making overtime off our towns tax dollars. I didnt say I was right but the cops in all 11 examples were absolutely wrong

BTW my friend lived right by Mcdonalds- I was getting breakfast and sobering up

I have a problem with a policeman sleeping on the job.  Probably making overtime off our towns tax dollars.  I didnt say I was right but the cops in all 11 examples were absolutely wrong

438474[/snapback]

He may have been sleeping but he woke up in time to catch someone riding a bike hammered...... 0:)

Firefly

Firefly

Firefly

Firefly

Firefly

(Serenity movie is out in a couple of weeks!)

Current shows:

Veronica Mars

Lost

Battlestar Galactica

I can only think of 3 right now.

CW

438434[/snapback]

TIVO suggestions not working very well for ya? :doh:

Let's see, my "top 5" season passes are:

CSI

CSI:NY

Galactica (but way behind on it)

Amazing Race

Boston Legal

Numbers would be my "guilty pleasure" show. I also TIVO (and like) Law and Order...

Current TV:

1. Lost

2. 24

3. Alias

4. Desperate Housewives

5. Amazing Race

Past TV:

1. M*A*S*H

2. The Dick Van Dyke Show

3. Transformers & Beast Wars

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel

5. WKRP in Cincinnati