Players that stepped up today

That's where I saw it too.  But I nothiced quite a few times where the players were flapping their wings to get the crowd to be quiet.

436966[/snapback]

Somebody on the right side was waving his arms UP for the crowd and then he must have remembered what position he was playing and quickly flapped his arms down. :angry: Brain fart.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little disappointment in the 12th man.  Seemed numerous times, I saw several of the linemen trying to get the crowd to be quiet when we had the  ball, especially inside the 20.  Seems folks forgot how to be a  good crowd.

436954[/snapback]

I couldn't believe so many people left with around 5 minutes left. I woulda gotten my money's worth out of this opener.

Gandy had a holding call on the first drive. and we settled for a FG.

but run blocked very well in the second half, and didnt give up a sack, so im very happy.

Lindell didnt miss. OMG!!! i have gained some confidence in him. (but i still have my douts)..

Posey had a few very good plays.

McGee had some good plays. one tackle in the backfield, and 1 pass defended that i remember being very good.

Vincent with 2 INTs. :)

shobel is the man. 2 sacks.

Kelsey is a solid #2. good to see him making plays.

Losman was calm, collected, accurate, mobile, and only had 1 play that was bad, IMO, (the bad pass that should have been intersepted and returned for a TD... :angry: )

evans played great. but moulds is the man. dont forget that.

What, you're angry that it wasn't?  Don't dwell on "should have beens."

437242[/snapback]

well i had to point out the 1 bad play. at the time a INT for TD would have braught them to within 3 or 4 (i cant remember off the top of my head), and would have changed the game completly. to me, its one of those "young guy" mistakes. and the only reason noone cares about it is because the guy cant catch.

he played GREAT otherwise.

they defended the run throughout the 1st quarter, and most of the 1st half. they stacked it. it was up to losman to show what he can do, and he did great. :angry: , for the most part.

JPL--Made us all forget, at least for one game, the last guy...  Also gives us some hope for the future.  10 years of quarterback futility will do that to you.

436939[/snapback]

It's not the last guy that I am worried about missing. I missed him for 2 and a half years before they gave up on him... It would be nice though not to miss Jimbo's game. I think you were kind of saying that, though...

437240[/snapback]

It may have been 75 but it felt a hell of a lot hotter. If you were sitting in section 120 (to the right of the tunnel) like we were, you had the sun on the back of your neck, then on the left side of your face, and finally right in your face by game's end. Not a cloud to be seen. It was HOT, and we had to go into the concourse at halftime just to get some relief and a breeze. I look like a lobster and am going to peel like a mofo in the next couple of days.

And yes, I left after we held them to a three-and-out after our final field goal.

A little disappointment in the 12th man.  Seemed numerous times, I saw several of the linemen trying to get the crowd to be quiet when we had the  ball, especially inside the 20.  Seems folks forgot how to be a  good crowd.

436954[/snapback]

this goes with my theory that people are stupid until proven otherwise...i had people in my section trying to start the wave on offense....screaming and hollering when we had the ball on the 1 in our endzone...friggin idiots

436954[/snapback]

Plus the fact that some idiots in the scoreboard endzone were trying to get the wave going when the Bills had the ball. Can some one tell there morons that we only do the wave when the Bills are on D!!!! I've scolded many band members on the tunnel side for this non-sense....

It may have been 75 but it felt a hell of a lot hotter.  If you were sitting in section 120 (to the right of the tunnel) like we were, you had the sun on the back of your neck, then on the left side of your face, and finally right in your face by game's end.  Not a cloud to be seen.  It was HOT, and we had to go into the concourse at halftime just to get some relief and a breeze.  I look like a lobster and am going to peel like a mofo in the next couple of days.

And yes, I left after we held them to a three-and-out after our final field goal.

437338[/snapback]

I'm in 119 and the left side of my back is toasted...it was hot!! Definitely hotter than 75, don't know were that came from.

5) Chris Kelsey - showing we have 2 solid DE's

436809[/snapback]

Outstanding game. Only saw one negative in his play yesterday. On the Houston TD Kelsay was virtually unblocked, which apparently surprised the crap out of him because he sprawled on the ground about 3 yards deep in the backfield. If he had been able to keep his feet no way would Carr have made the pylon (which he probably didn't anyway, but why quibble). Same thing occurred with Kelsay on a different play, same result. Overall though he was outstanding.

Fletcher had some big time plays yesterday. He tends to get a little overlooked, but he plays like a man possessed. :angry:

I know everyone will say JP and yes JP had a damn good game and played a very good game but also wanted to note other players who seemed to step up today.

1) JP - good game and a game plan that used his strengths

2) Evans will be the number 1 receiver by year end

3) Preston did a good job filling in for Chris V

4) Peters - good special teams and a nice catch for TD

5) Chris Kelsey - showing we have 2 solid DE's

6) Ron Edwards - developing into a solid DT

7) Gandy and Anderson - much better than I expected

436809[/snapback]

Good observations, raleigh. Especially 1).

It may have been 75 but it felt a hell of a lot hotter.  If you were sitting in section 120 (to the right of the tunnel) like we were, you had the sun on the back of your neck, then on the left side of your face, and finally right in your face by game's end.  Not a cloud to be seen.  It was HOT, and we had to go into the concourse at halftime just to get some relief and a breeze.  I look like a lobster and am going to peel like a mofo in the next couple of days.

437338[/snapback]

I agree - I'm in 203 (Rockpile) and am feeling the pain today. Fortunately, I had enough brains to put a t-shirt over my head by the end of halftime...considering I forgot sun screen, a hat, and/or my sunglasses. I'm sure it'd be much worse otherwise.

I'm in 119 and the left side of my back is toasted...it was hot!!  Definitely hotter than 75, don't know were that came from.

437367[/snapback]

aren't those aluminum bleachers? yeah, 3 hours of that will barbeque your a$$...even when it's not that hot. i've learned that the hard way a few times