Nice to see Tom Brady

gantrules

trying to reinvent his character as Brett Favre. Shaved head, three day stubble on intros, interviewing saying he liked down home stuff, at the end of the game saying hi to Momma and Bubba. Tom is incredible, but his lack of identity is scary. Be the pretty boy we know you as Tom.

There are plenty of people in the league who leave themselves open to criticism for the way they behave on the field, Brady is not one of them. The guy is a solid QB, a solid teammate, and does a lot of good things for the community. It just makes you guys look like bush-league fans and bitter losers to talk this way about him. And that's coming from a diehard Bills fan. I guess some people have no respect for anything that doesn't wear a buffalo on the helmet.

Regarding Dillon - the guy has never taken leadership from anyone, so why would you expect anything different now?

There are plenty of people in the league who leave themselves open to criticism for the way they behave on the field, Brady is not one of them. The guy is a solid QB, a solid teammate, and does a lot of good things for the community. It just makes you guys look like bush-league fans and bitter losers to talk this way about him. And that's coming from a diehard Bills fan. I guess some people have no respect for anything that doesn't wear a buffalo on the helmet.

Regarding Dillon - the guy has never taken leadership from anyone, so why would you expect anything different now?

Thank you... well stated.

There are plenty of people in the league who leave themselves open to criticism for the way they behave on the field, Brady is not one of them.  The guy is a solid QB, a solid teammate, and does a lot of good things for the community.  It just makes you guys look like bush-league fans and bitter losers to talk this way about him.  And that's coming from a diehard Bills fan.  I guess some people have no respect for anything that doesn't wear a buffalo on the helmet.

434770[/snapback]

So, you don't see the difference in Tom Brady's persona over the last year? In my post it said Brady IS INCREDIBLE. Go up and reread it.

Here's another one. http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=29895

Bush league my ass, Brady has no identity. We knew who Joe Montana was, we know who Brett Favre is, we know who Jim Kelly is, we know who Boomer, Marino are, we know who Peyton Manning is, but really who is Tom Brady? He reminds me of Arod. The guy can absolutely play but the lack of a personality is odd. And that's all I was saying fellow Bills fan.

There are plenty of people in the league who leave themselves open to criticism for the way they behave on the field, Brady is not one of them.  The guy is a solid QB, a solid teammate, and does a lot of good things for the community.  It just makes you guys look like bush-league fans and bitter losers to talk this way about him.  And that's coming from a diehard Bills fan.  I guess some people have no respect for anything that doesn't wear a buffalo on the helmet.

434770[/snapback]

Tom Brady is one of the best QBs to play the game. Hands down.

I saw Tom yelling at Dillon last night but I never saw a B word slap look. Dillon was stupid for running out of bounds and stopping the clock.

434770[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with hanging around bushes as long as they are neatly trimmed. :unsure:

Oh, BTW...JP gets the same treatment here. We are equal opportunity critics.

Brady has no identity. We knew who Joe Montana was, we know who Brett Favre is, we know who Jim Kelly is, we know who Boomer, Marino are, we know who Peyton Manning is, but really who is Tom Brady? He reminds me of Arod. The guy can absolutely play but the lack of a personality is odd. And that's all I was saying fellow Bills fan.

434784[/snapback]

Tom Brady is an unassuming leader and a great teammate who doesn't feel he needs the spotlight (and isn't comfortable with the spotlight either). He was this way at Michigan as well. He plays the role you ask him to and doesn't argue or complain about it. At the same time, he's confident in his ability. I don't see that as a lack of personality, I see it as his personality. Perhaps in the modern era of athletes with dominant personalities and high powered agents, this comes across as odd. I like it and wish more were that way.

Tom Brady is an unassuming leader and a great teammate who doesn't feel he needs the spotlight (and isn't comfortable with the spotlight either). He was this way at Michigan as well. He plays the role you ask him to and doesn't argue or complain about it. At the same time, he's confident in his ability. I don't see that as a lack of personality, I see it as his personality. Perhaps in the modern era of athletes with dominant personalities and high powered agents, this comes across as odd. I like it and wish more were that way.

dude... these folks here would sooner tout The bills GM as the greatest GM of all time before they would admit that Brady is a great QB. For christ's sake.... Jason Peters is a better QB than Brady according to these guys. However, if Brady were wearing a Bills uni, he is obviously not just the greatest QB of all time, he is the greatest athlete of all time.

434770[/snapback]

It's all in fun. But honestly, if I was going to have my son emulate any QB in this league right now to learn how to play the position, it would be Brady. His poise in the pocket and patience with his progressions is fun to watch. He is clearly a leader on that team, which is why he could talk to Dillon the way he did and motivate him to play better. I like bashing Brady and the Pat's as much as the next guy, but damn, he continues to earn my respect on the field.

434770[/snapback]

Nice screen name :unsure:

trying to reinvent his character as Brett Favre. Shaved head, three day stubble on intros, interviewing saying he liked down home stuff, at the end of the game saying hi to Momma and Bubba. Tom is incredible, but his lack of identity is scary. Be the pretty boy we know you as Tom.

434727[/snapback]

There's nothing down home about where Tom Brady is from - San Mateo. Trust me.

434727[/snapback]

he has been saying hi mom since his first year... this was certainly not the first time that he was not clean shaven. i remember on weei(sports talk radio) in 2002,there was a lot of time spent on toms appearance because his hair was getting to long and curly and was looking like a bum off the streets.

it was just so retarded(sorta like this thread subject).he even had a beard for most of the playoffs the last few years

he has been saying  hi mom since his first year... this was certainly not the first time that he was not clean shaven. i remember on weei(sports talk radio) in 2002,there was a lot of time spent on toms appearance because his hair was getting to long and curly and was looking like a bum off the streets.

it was just so retarded(sorta like this thread subject).he even had a beard for most of the playoffs the last few years

434992[/snapback]

Brady has conquered everything but the love from the nation. Brett Favre is by far the most popular QB in the land. Brady wants the public outside of Boston to love him like the nation loves Favre. If you duplicate Favre's persona then possibly he could be accepted like a Favre.

But, of course I would have to explain that to a Pats fan.....

Brady has conquered everything but the love from the nation. Brett Favre is by far the most popular QB in the land. Brady wants the public outside of Boston to love him like the nation loves Favre. If you duplicate Favre's persona then possibly he could be accepted like a Favre.

But, of course I would have to explain that to a Pats fan.....

434998[/snapback]

The Pats fan's screen name is "patswhiponthebills", yet he comes off so much more reasonable than the potrayer of this twisted rant. :lol: I can't wait for the season to start -- maybe then we can focus more on JP's persona and hairstyle than Brady's. God do I hope JP doesn't cut his hair, grow some stubble, say hello to his Mom or a friend from Tulane named Bubba.